The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
The July Memorial Museum was opened without institutional management, sufficient staffing or security protocols, according to a report published on August 9. The report said the situation has put martyrs’ artifacts, electronic equipment and sensitive installations at risk of damage. Former interim government cultural affairs adviser Mostofa Sarwar Farooki said he was surprised the museum opened without staff or a security-protocol rehearsal.
A person involved in preparing the museum, speaking anonymously, said there is no professional management committee and researchers are also performing labour and cleaning work. The source alleged that enclosed artifacts are breaking and that visitors’ touch is damaging iconic images, televisions and tablets. Large exhibits, including martyr Ibrahim’s bicycle, were described as inadequately protected, while surveillance from the entrance to the museum hall was said to be limited.
National Citizen Party convener and opposition chief whip Nahid Islam alleged that memories related to border killings and the anti-Modi movement had been removed from the museum. He cited the Border Killing Room, Felani’s sculpture and part of the Long March to Dhaka programme. Nahid called for rapid recruitment, saying roughly 200 staff were needed but only 15 to 20 were working, with volunteers currently supporting operations.
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.