Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

The Iranian government has rejected international claims about the scale of killings during last month’s nationwide protests, insisting that “terrorists” were responsible for the deaths. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Saturday that Tehran had released a list of 3,117 people described as victims of “recent terrorist operations,” including about 200 security personnel. He challenged critics to provide evidence disputing the figures, after US President Donald Trump claimed that 32,000 people were killed and said Iranians had “lived in hell” under the current establishment.

UN special rapporteur Mai Sato and 30 other human rights experts said more than 20,000 civilians may have been killed, though they noted that information remains limited due to heavy internet restrictions. The US-based HRANA reported documenting over 7,000 deaths and investigating thousands more. The experts urged Iran to reveal the fate of those arrested or missing and to stop executions linked to the protests, warning that the true scale of the crackdown remains unclear.

Meanwhile, tensions persist across Iran, with student clashes at Tehran’s Sharif University and teachers striking over the killing of children. Families continue to hold independent memorials for victims, defying official mourning events promoted as symbols of “unity and empathy.”

Card image

Related Memes

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.