Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

A powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck Indonesia’s Flores region near Naggeokeo in East Nusa Tenggara province at about 4:58 a.m. local time on Saturday. Residents were initially instructed to move to safer places because of tsunami concerns following the quake. Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, known as BMKG, later withdrew the tsunami warning.

The earthquake had a shallow depth of 15 kilometres and was centred about 30 kilometres northeast of Mbay town in Naggeokeo. BMKG said the strong quake created the possibility of a tsunami, prompting warnings for East Nusa Tenggara, South Sulawesi and West Nusa Tenggara provinces.

People in vulnerable areas had been told to evacuate quickly. BMKG said the initial tsunami concern was linked to the earthquake’s shallow depth. After reviewing conditions, the agency issued updated information and formally cancelled the warning, ending the tsunami alert imposed after the 7.7-magnitude earthquake.

Card image

Related Photo Cards

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.