The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
Opposition has intensified against FIFA president Gianni Infantino’s proposed plan to transfer World Cup commercial rights to private investors, according to an analysis published on August 3, 2026. The article says the proposal would have strengthened Infantino’s own power and influence, while critics of his money-focused approach view the past week as a moral victory for football.
The reported resistance includes Infantino’s longtime adviser Carlos Cordeiro and FIFA chief operating officer Kevin Lamour. UEFA has also attacked the proposal in strong terms. England’s Football Association is described as taking a firm position against Infantino in support of wider interests, despite FA chair Debbie Hewitt having previously presented him with a personalized England shirt.
The analysis cites Infantino’s closeness to Trump as a factor in what it characterizes as increasingly power-seeking and self-focused behavior. It says 143 countries have been brought into the same position, an unusual level of unity in football. However, the writer cautions that Infantino may continue fighting to retain his position, while portraying the dispute as a broader ethical awakening within the sport.
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.