Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Islamic TV Managing Director Barrister Shams Iskandar announced that the channel will provide video evidence of the Shapla Chattar massacre to the International Crimes Tribunal. He made the statement on Monday after meeting with the tribunal’s Chief Prosecutor. Iskandar said that Islamic TV’s camera crew and news team were present at the site during the Hefazat-e-Islam rally and broadcasted the events live. Later that night, law enforcement personnel allegedly raided and vandalized the channel’s office, damaging broadcasting equipment and shutting down operations.

According to Iskandar, the Chief Prosecutor asked the channel to safeguard all available evidence, which prosecutors would later collect for investigation. He added that the channel had been accused of provocative coverage, but he denied the allegation, stating that the broadcast reflected real-time events. He claimed the closure of Islamic TV was due to family reasons rather than incitement. When asked about testifying, Iskandar said he was willing to do so if requested by the prosecution, emphasizing the importance of justice.

The submission of the footage is expected to support the tribunal’s ongoing investigation into the Shapla Chattar incident.

Card image

Person of Interest

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.