Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

China called on Washington to stop military threats and unilateral sanctions after reports that the Pentagon was examining possible military intervention options in Cuba. On July 31, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said Beijing was closely monitoring the matter and opposed external interference in Cuba. She said China would firmly stand with Cuba in safeguarding its national sovereignty and would work with all parties to uphold international justice and fairness.

The statement followed a CBS News report that senior US defense officials had reviewed several outlines for a military operation in Cuba, including an air-strike plan involving thousands of troops from the 101st Airborne Division. The report said the US military held a preliminary meeting in late June to assess potential operations, troop requirements, logistics and risks.

US officials stressed that President Donald Trump had not authorized an attack and that no final decision had been made. The Associated Press reported that no immediate attack preparations were underway, though a military option remained in US planning drafts. Officials said moving fighter aircraft, intelligence-surveillance platforms and other equipment to Cuba would be difficult under current conditions, while the Pentagon declined direct comment on hypothetical operations.

Card image

Person of Interest

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.