Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Venezuela’s death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck near its coast in June has risen to 6,438, authorities said Monday. The updated figure was announced nearly two months after the 7.2- and 7.5-magnitude earthquakes struck on June 24. Parliament Speaker Jorge Rodriguez said the toll had increased from 6,301 reported last week.

At least 190 buildings collapsed in the earthquakes, according to the reported official information. About 60,000 homes were damaged, including roughly 24,000 that have become uninhabitable. Relatives and rescue workers are still searching through rubble for missing people despite the time that has passed since the disaster.

Thousands of people remain in temporary camps, where living conditions are described as extremely difficult. Heavy rain in Caracas over the weekend damaged several tents used by earthquake survivors. The government of interim President Delcy Rodriguez has promised to provide new homes for those affected, aiming to deliver 4,000 homes by the end of the year. So far, only 335 homes have been prepared for victims.

Card image

Related Social Media Discussion

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.