Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Health Minister Sardar Md. Sakhawat Hossain said the government plans to overhaul what he described as a neglected health sector and treatment system left by the previous Awami League administration. He made the remarks on Sunday morning after visiting the upazila health complexes in Maheshpur and Kotchandpur, Jhenaidah. He said that, under the prime minister’s instructions, all upazila health complexes would be converted into modern nine-storey facilities within the next three years.

The minister said all 50-bed upazila health complexes would be upgraded to 151 beds in three phases. He alleged that the health sector had been seriously neglected during the previous 17 years, citing corruption in medicine procurement, weak accountability and disruptions to health services. He also said the government had received notes of complaints from different hospitals involving medicine shortages, doctor attendance and discourteous treatment of patients.

Hossain said the government has adopted long-term plans to address shortages of doctors and medicines and make services easier for patients to access. Under the proposed 151-bed model, hospitals would have a 25-bed special ward for pregnant women and a separate 20-bed ward for children. He said there are also plans to introduce services such as kidney dialysis at these hospitals.

Card image

News Source

Amar Desh 17 Aug 26

ফ্যাসিস্ট আমলের চিকিৎসা পদ্ধতিই বদলে দেব: স্বাস্থ্যমন্ত্রী | আমার দেশ

আমার দেশ অনলাইন প্রকাশ : ১৬ আগস্ট ২০২৬, ১৭: ২৮আপডেট : ১৬ আগস্ট ২০২৬, ১৭: ৩৩ ফ্যাসিস্ট আওয়ামী লীগের রেখে যাওয়া অবহেলিত স্বাস্থ্যখাত ও চিকিৎসা পদ্ধতি বর্তমান সরকার বদলে দেবে বলে মন্তব্য করেছেন স্বাস্থ্যমন্ত্রী সরদার মো. সাখাওয়াত হোসেন। তিনি বলেন, ফ্যাস


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.