Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Canada has stepped back from finalising a trade agreement with the United States after last-minute negotiations failed, according to the report published on August 22, 2026. The Trump administration is preparing to impose new tariffs of up to 50 percent on nearly $20 billion in Canadian goods, representing about 5 percent of Canada’s total exports to the United States.

US Trade Representative Jamieson Greer said Canada had refused to finalise the agreement under terms agreed earlier in the week. Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said last-minute changes to the proposed US terms were unfair and unprofitable, raising questions about the reliability of any agreement. He said his government would soon announce measures to support Canadian workers and businesses.

Annual goods and services trade between the two countries totals about $880 billion, while their border stretches roughly 5,525 miles. About 72 percent of Canada’s goods exports depend on the US market, meaning tariffs could pressure Canadian businesses and employment. The report also said higher costs for US importers could raise consumer prices and pose a political risk for the Trump administration before November’s midterm elections.

Card image

News Source

Amar Desh 22 Aug 26

ট্রাম্পের সঙ্গে বাণিজ্য আলোচনা স্থগিত করল কানাডা | আমার দেশ

আমার দেশ অনলাইন প্রকাশ : ২২ আগস্ট ২০২৬, ১০: ৩৯ শেষ মুহূর্তের আলোচনা ব্যর্থ হওয়ায় যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের সঙ্গে বাণিজ্যচুক্তি চূড়ান্ত করা থেকে সরে এসেছে কানাডা। এর পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে কানাডার পণ্যের ওপর ৫০ শতাংশ পর্যন্ত নতুন শুল্ক আরোপের প্রস্তুতি নিয়েছে ট্রাম্প প্র


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.