Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN
FIFA president Gianni Infantino is facing growing pressure after the governing body withdrew a plan to sell part of the commercial rights to the World Cup and other major competitions to private investors. The report, published on August 2, 2026, said UEFA had publicly declared a loss of confidence in his leadership, while CONCACAF and the Asian Football Confederation also opposed him.

FIFA had proposed creating a new commercial company, FIFA Forward Enterprise, valued at about $20 billion and intended to raise around $4.2 billion. FIFA would have retained majority ownership while allowing private investors to acquire minority stakes. UEFA threatened a World Cup boycott, and longtime Infantino adviser Carlos Cordeiro resigned, calling the project a bad deal for football. Chief operating officer Kevin Lamour said FIFA’s administration had been misled and was unaware of the project.

The report said at least 19 of the 37 FIFA Council members could seek an emergency meeting to increase pressure for resignation. A special congress would require written requests from at least 43 of FIFA’s 211 member countries, while removing Infantino would require at least 106 votes. Infantino said FIFA would seek unity, and Morocco and Egypt welcomed the withdrawal after Qatar.

Card image

Related Videos

logo
No data found yet!

The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.