West Bengal singer Anupam Roy’s solo concert, “One True Sound with Anupam Roy,” has been postponed for a second time. The event had been scheduled for August 1 in Dhaka. Organiser Triple Time Communication announced the postponement before the planned date through a notice posted on its Facebook page on the night of July 29.
The organiser said it had completed all required preparations, approvals and formalities for the concert. However, after those processes were completed, it was instructed by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs not to hold the event, citing “unavoidable reasons.” Triple Time Communication said it was accepting the decision out of utmost respect for the state’s decision and the directives of the relevant authorities.
The notice said music fans, ticket holders, the artist, sponsors, partners and others involved were disappointed by the sudden decision. All ticket holders will receive full refunds through the official ticketing platform. The concert had previously been scheduled for June 26 in Dhaka but was postponed at the last moment. August 1 was later announced as the new date, which has now also been deferred.