Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

France advanced to the semifinals of the World Cup after defeating Morocco in the first quarterfinal, a match that carried deep emotional significance beyond the scoreline. The game featured Paris Saint-Germain teammates Kylian Mbappé and Achraf Hakimi facing each other as rivals, setting aside their friendship for 90 minutes as Mbappé led France to victory while Hakimi’s defensive efforts fell short for Morocco.

A striking aspect of the match was that six Moroccan players—Redouane Halhal, Guesim Yassine, Samir El Mourabet, Neil El Aynaoui, Issa Diop, and Ayoub Bouaddi—were all born in France. Among them, 18-year-old midfielder Bouaddi drew particular attention for switching allegiance from France’s under-21 team to Morocco just before the tournament. Morocco’s strategy of recruiting dual-nationality players has long been part of its football identity, with several French-born stars representing the country in past tournaments.

The encounter symbolized more than a tactical contest; it was a poignant display of identity and belonging, where friends turned opponents and players faced their birth nation in defense of ancestral roots.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

France beat Morocco in emotional World Cup quarterfinal of roots and friendship

Spanish footballer Lamine Yamal has expressed his admiration for Argentina captain Lionel Messi, who at 39 is enjoying a remarkable run in the ongoing World Cup. With eight goals so far, Messi remains a leading contender for the Golden Boot, continuing to impress fans and players alike with his form and consistency. Yamal, speaking to Spanish media, described Messi’s performance as “unbelievable” and said he is amazed by how well the Argentine star is playing at this stage of his career.

In the same interview, Yamal revealed his dream of meeting Messi’s Argentina in the World Cup final. While he wishes Argentina success throughout the tournament, he said he would want Spain to win if the two teams meet in the final. Yamal also spoke about his admiration for Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo, noting that he grew up watching them and has now had the chance to play against Ronaldo and see Neymar in action.

The World Cup has become a stage where legends like Messi and Ronaldo continue to shine while young talents such as Yamal signal the arrival of a new football generation.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Lamine Yamal admires Messi and hopes Spain meet Argentina in the World Cup final

South African footballer Jayden Adams has died just weeks after returning home from the 2026 World Cup. The 25-year-old midfielder’s body was found on July 11 at a house in the Scottschekloof area of Cape Town. Authorities confirmed his identity, but the cause of death remains unknown. Police have opened an investigation into the incident.

South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, expressed deep sorrow, calling Adams one of the nation’s brightest young talents. He urged the public to avoid speculation until the cause of death is confirmed and asked for patience from Adams’s family and club. The South African Football Players Union described his passing as an irreparable loss for the country’s football community.

Adams played in all three of South Africa’s group matches at the 2026 World Cup, helping the team reach the knockout stage for the first time before losing to host nation Canada. FIFA President Gianni Infantino also extended condolences, calling the news deeply saddening.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

South African footballer Jayden Adams dies weeks after World Cup, police investigating

The Argentina Football Association (AFA) has confirmed it suffered a major cyberattack following the team’s dramatic 3–2 victory over Egypt in the World Cup round of 16 in Atlanta. The incident came to light after Argentine media outlet La Calle reported that emails were sent from AFA’s official account to journalists, claiming Argentina’s win was due to corrupt refereeing and praising Egyptian players. AFA issued an official statement clarifying that the emails were unauthorized and the result of a cyber intrusion.

According to internal AFA sources cited in the report, a group of hackers of Egyptian origin is suspected to be behind the attack. The association urged the public to avoid opening any unusual messages, links, or files from its accounts and assured that security measures are being strengthened. The cyber incident has added to the tension surrounding allegations of biased refereeing made by the Egyptian Football Association, which has formally complained to FIFA.

Despite the off-field turmoil, Argentina is set to face Switzerland in the quarterfinals, aiming to refocus on its performance and secure a semifinal berth.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Argentina FA confirms cyberattack after Egypt match controversy

FIFA has announced an unusual initiative to sell pieces of real grass from the 2026 World Cup final field, scheduled for July 19 at the New York New Jersey Stadium. The football governing body will offer 2,026 limited-edition grass souvenirs preserved in transparent resin, each engraved with the tournament logo, venue, date, and final score. A UK-based company, Keep Stub, will produce the items, each accompanied by a USB drive certifying authenticity. Prices range from 450 to 3,000 US dollars depending on edition and size.

If all units sell out, FIFA’s revenue from the grass alone could exceed 11.2 million US dollars, or about 13.5 billion Bangladeshi taka. The items will only be shipped to buyers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe after the final match concludes and the grass is processed. The premium “Hero Edition” includes additional collectibles such as a gold-engraved metal ticket, a mini replica of the match ball, and a crystal World Cup trophy.

The stadium’s turf has faced criticism from players of teams like Brazil and France, who described it as dry and difficult for smooth play.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA to sell 2026 World Cup final grass as collectible, aiming for over 13.5 billion taka revenue

Cristiano Ronaldo’s final World Cup ended in controversy as social media erupted with claims that the Portuguese star was sabotaged by his teammates. Following Portugal’s elimination, midfielder Bruno Fernandes became the focus of criticism, accused by some fans of deliberately not passing enough to Ronaldo. Fernandes had posted an emotional message expressing disappointment and gratitude, but later disabled comments after facing intense backlash online.

The debate intensified when Ronaldo’s sister, Katia Aveiro, shared a post criticizing Fernandes’ performance, suggesting that Portugal’s midfielders failed to support Ronaldo adequately. Fans accused Fernandes, Vitinha, João Neves, and Pedro Neto of sidelining the 41-year-old forward during matches, particularly after a 1–1 draw against DR Congo. However, others defended the team, arguing that Ronaldo’s age and tight marking limited his effectiveness rather than teammate neglect.

Portugal exited the tournament after a 1–0 loss to Spain in the round of 16, marking Ronaldo’s last World Cup appearance. Following the defeat, coach Roberto Martínez resigned, and Jorge Jesus, Ronaldo’s former Al-Nassr coach, was named as his successor.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Ronaldo’s final World Cup sparks sabotage claims and fan backlash against Bruno Fernandes

Brazil’s hopes of winning a sixth World Cup title ended in disappointment after a dramatic round of 16 defeat to Norway. The South American giants, who entered the tournament with high expectations, were eliminated following two goals from Norwegian striker Erling Haaland. The loss extended Brazil’s wait for another world title to 28 years. The team’s campaign was marred by injuries to key attackers, including Rodrygo, Estevão, Raphinha, and Lucas Paquetá, leaving Vinícius Júnior to shoulder much of the attacking responsibility. Despite scoring four goals and providing one assist in five matches, the Real Madrid forward could not prevent Brazil’s early exit.

Four days after the defeat, Vinícius posted an emotional message on Instagram, apologizing to fans for the team’s failure. He described representing Brazil as his greatest pride and expressed deep disappointment at the elimination. He said he had prepared intensely and wanted to win the World Cup for supporters and his family. Vinícius promised to keep fighting to make Brazil world champions again.

The post reflected the ongoing frustration of Brazil’s long wait since their last World Cup triumph in 2002, leaving fans hopeful for a future resurgence.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Vinícius Júnior apologizes after Brazil’s World Cup exit to Norway

Spain reached the 2026 World Cup semifinals after a dramatic 2-1 victory over Belgium in Los Angeles, thanks to a late goal from substitute Mikel Merino. The Arsenal midfielder, brought on in the 86th minute, scored just two minutes later after reacting quickest to a rebound from Pau Cubarsí’s shot that slipped through Belgian goalkeeper Senne Lammens’ hands. The win marked Merino’s second consecutive match-winning goal as a substitute in the knockout stage, following his decisive strike against Portugal in the round of 16.

Speaking after the match, Merino described the moment as unbelievable and emotional, especially with his family watching from the stands. He emphasized his readiness to contribute whenever called upon and downplayed personal records, saying the team’s success mattered most. Spain will now face France in the semifinals, a team they have beaten in both Euro 2024 and the Nations League.

Merino said Spain are focused on continuing their strong form and are determined to chase their World Cup dream, standing just two wins away from the trophy.

12 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Merino’s late goal sends Spain past Belgium into World Cup semifinals

FIFA has announced a unique initiative to commemorate the 2026 World Cup final, scheduled for July 19 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The organization will sell pieces of the turf used in the final match as collectible souvenirs. According to The Athletic, four pricing tiers will be offered, with the most expensive package costing 3,000 US dollars, roughly 370,000 Bangladeshi taka. Each premium set will include a three-inch square of authentic turf, a symbolic golden-edged final ticket, a miniature World Cup ball, and a crystal replica of the trophy.

Additional packages priced at 450, 900, and 1,200 dollars will also be available, with a maximum of 2,026 units per category. FIFA expects to earn about 11 million US dollars, or approximately 1.3 billion taka, from the initiative. For now, the collectibles will be sold only to buyers in the United States and Europe. The turf for the final was specially grown at a farm in North Carolina, and all World Cup stadiums have been fitted with new natural grass. FIFA has not yet disclosed any plans for turf from other venues.

The 2026 tournament features 48 participating nations, with Spain and France already in the semifinals, while Norway, England, Argentina, and Switzerland vie for the remaining spots.

11 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA to sell 2026 World Cup final turf as collectible souvenir for up to $3,000

Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni has rejected allegations of referee favoritism ahead of the team’s World Cup quarterfinal match against Switzerland. The controversy arose after Argentina’s dramatic 3–2 victory over Egypt in the round of 16, where some social media users accused referees of bias toward Argentina. Speaking at a press conference, Scaloni said that in modern football, no team can receive special treatment and that such claims are not new.

He emphasized that the introduction of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system makes it nearly impossible to intentionally favor any team. Referring to Egypt’s disallowed goal, Scaloni explained that a foul had occurred against Lisandro Martínez, making the referee’s decision justified. He added that most favoritism claims originate from social media exaggerations and that technology now ensures fairness in football.

Scaloni also advised players and fans to ignore online rumors, noting that anyone can post unverified claims that quickly go viral. He reiterated that Argentina is focused on performance rather than speculation.

11 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Scaloni rejects referee favoritism claims before Argentina’s World Cup quarterfinal against Switzerland

A luxury travel firm, Knightsbridge Circle, has introduced the most expensive package in FIFA World Cup history, priced at four million US dollars—about 49 crore Bangladeshi taka. The exclusive offer, available only to invited clients, sold out in less than 24 hours. Buyers and their guests will enjoy six front-row seats at the center of the field and a rare opportunity to enter the pitch moments before the trophy presentation. Knightsbridge Circle president Stuart McNeill described the phenomenon as proof that money can now buy almost anything.

The package includes private jet travel to host cities, helicopter or limousine transfers to stadium VIP lounges, and full royal-style hospitality even for last-minute attendees. Other agencies, such as Magma Global, offer comparatively modest packages for two people priced between 25,000 and 75,000 dollars, including five-star accommodation and business-class flights. For those who missed the top-tier offer, two exclusive seats near the field are available at 1.5 million dollars each.

The soaring prices and lavish experiences highlight how modern football has increasingly become an elite spectacle dominated by the ultra-wealthy.

10 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Exclusive $4 million World Cup final package sells out in less than a day

The United States Department of Justice has initiated a large-scale investigation into alleged irregularities and corruption within the Argentine Football Association (AFA). The FBI, working with federal prosecutors in Washington, D.C., and Miami, is leading the inquiry, which reportedly began its planning phase in 2025. The investigation centers on suspicious financial transactions amounting to about $300 million involving the AFA, with at least $260 million traced through accounts at major U.S. banks including Citibank, Synovus, Bank of America, JPMorgan, and PNC Bank. Around $57 million was transferred to shell companies with unclear origins and destinations.

As part of the probe, businessman Guillermo Tofoni has already been questioned for three hours via video conference, providing documents and information to U.S. authorities. However, investigators are primarily focused on AFA president Claudio Tapia, seeking to verify specific allegations against him. The investigation is now expanding beyond football into Argentina’s political circles, with plans to question several former officials from President Javier Milei’s government.

The U.S. Justice Department’s firm stance signals its intent to enforce transparency in Latin American football administration, though the report notes that Argentina’s World Cup performance will remain unaffected.

10 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

FBI investigates AFA chief Claudio Tapia over $300 million in suspicious transactions

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has officially extended the contract of national team coach Hossam Hassan following Egypt’s historic run in the World Cup. The decision, approved by the EFA board and announced by president Hany Abu Rida, secures Hassan’s position until 2030. Hassan, 59, took charge of the national team in February 2024 and led Egypt to the semifinals of the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations. He revealed earlier that he had been managing the team without a formal contract since February.

Under Hassan’s leadership, Egypt achieved its first-ever World Cup victory, defeating New Zealand 3–1 in the group stage, and advanced to the knockout rounds for the first time since its debut in 1934. The team beat Australia in a penalty shootout to reach the round of 16, where they narrowly lost 3–2 to Argentina after leading 2–0 until the 78th minute.

Despite the elimination, Egypt’s spirited performance earned widespread praise, prompting the EFA to show long-term confidence in Hassan. Before coaching, he was one of Egypt’s football legends, holding the national record with 69 goals in 177 appearances.

09 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Egypt extends coach Hossam Hassan’s contract to 2030 after World Cup breakthrough

France suffered a setback ahead of their World Cup quarter-final against Morocco after FIFA rejected their appeal to overturn Michael Olise’s yellow card. The Bayern Munich attacking midfielder had received the booking during the Round of 16 match against Paraguay following a clash with midfielder Matias Galarza. Video replays showed Olise pulling Galarza’s jersey before the opponent fell to the ground, prompting referee Ilgiz Tantashev of Uzbekistan to issue the caution.

According to French sports daily L’Équipe, the French Football Federation had requested FIFA to review the decision, but the governing body declined. France’s head coach Didier Deschamps confirmed the outcome during a pre-match press conference, stating that FIFA upheld the original ruling.

As a result, Olise must now play cautiously against Morocco, since another yellow card would trigger a one-match suspension. If France advance to the semifinals, he could miss a crucial match against either Spain or Belgium, making his discipline a key concern for the French coaching staff.

09 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA rejects France’s appeal to overturn Michael Olise’s yellow card before Morocco clash

New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani has intensified global debate over Egypt’s 3-2 loss to Argentina in the 2026 FIFA World Cup round of 16, claiming the North African team was “robbed.” His remarks came a day after the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) lodged a formal complaint with FIFA against French referee François Letexier, citing controversial decisions and the use of VAR during the match.

The most disputed moment occurred when Egypt’s Mostafa Zizo’s goal was disallowed after a VAR review found a foul 20 seconds earlier. Argentina later came from behind to win 3-2 and secure a quarterfinal spot. Mamdani made his comments during a New York bus service event, linking time-saving benefits for residents to having time to agree that “Egypt was robbed.”

The EFA stated that the refereeing and VAR errors undermined the integrity of the World Cup. An unnamed Egyptian player also told The Athletic that the tournament was “fixed,” alleging referee pressure from Argentina. The controversy continues to draw scrutiny from football analysts worldwide.

09 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

New York Mayor says Egypt was 'robbed' in 2026 World Cup loss to Argentina


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.