Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Police in Manikganj have arrested nine individuals, including a former female vice-chairman of Shibaloy Upazila Parishad, in connection with an arson attack on a school bus owned by BNP leader and Manikganj-3 constituency candidate Afroza Khanam Rita. The incident occurred on November 9 near Uthli Mor, where a bus of Munno International School and College was set on fire. The bus owner, Siam Idris, filed a case following the attack. Initially, five suspects were detained, and later four more, including Runa Akter and her husband, were arrested as the investigation progressed. Police said efforts are ongoing to apprehend other named fugitives. The arrested individuals were produced before a court on November 12. Authorities continue to investigate the motive behind the attack and possible political links.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Nine arrested in Manikganj over arson attack on school bus owned by BNP candidate

Bangladesh's Chief Adviser of the interim government, Professor Dr. Muhammad Yunus, is scheduled to deliver a televised address to the nation on Thursday afternoon. The announcement was made by the Chief Adviser’s Press Wing on Wednesday. The speech will be broadcast live on Bangladesh Television (BTV), BTV News, and BTV World. Although the specific topics of the address have not been disclosed, it is expected to cover key national issues and the interim government’s priorities.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Chief Adviser Muhammad Yunus to deliver first national address on Thursday afternoon

A case has been filed against 58 people following an attack, vandalism, and looting at the business establishment of Jahangir Hossain Pappu, joint general secretary of Mymensingh North District Jubo Dal. The incident occurred amid internal disputes over BNP’s nomination for the Mymensingh-3 constituency. Police confirmed that eight individuals were named in the case, while 40 to 50 others remain unidentified. The attack reportedly took place on November 9 in the town’s Uttar Bazar area after Engineer M Iqbal Hossain received the BNP nomination, sparking anger among supporters of rival aspirant Ahmad Tayebur Rahman Hiron. Pappu claimed he was targeted solely for supporting the nominated candidate and demanded justice. Police operations are ongoing to arrest the suspects.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Case filed after attack on Jubo Dal leader’s business amid BNP nomination feud in Mymensingh

Police in Manikganj’s Saturia upazila have arrested Md. Saiduzzaman Talukder Daud, a former general secretary of the local Chhatra League unit, in connection with a sabotage case linked to the anti-discrimination student movement. Daud, aged 47, is the younger brother of Advocate Zahid Talukder, the district coordinator of the National Citizens Party (NCP). According to police, he had been evading arrest under his brother’s influence since the case was filed. Saturia Police Station Officer-in-Charge RAM Al Mamun confirmed the arrest, stating that Daud was detained from his home early Tuesday morning and later sent to court following legal procedures.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Police arrest NCP leader’s brother Saiduzzaman Talukder in Manikganj sabotage case

Nasiruddin Patwari, chief coordinator of the National Citizens Party (NCP), expressed solidarity with the ongoing movement of eight political parties, including Jamaat-e-Islami. Speaking at an event in Dhaka, he criticized the current government, describing it as fascist and disconnected from the people. Patwari claimed that a large portion of Bangladeshis desire reform and asserted that the BNP would be unable to prevent a referendum, even after a century of effort. He also remarked that the country is currently experiencing a state resembling civil unrest and accused the Yunus-led government of isolating itself from the public.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

NCP leader Nasiruddin Patwari says BNP cannot block referendum despite ongoing political unrest

Azharul Islam Mannan, a central executive member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and nominated candidate for the Narayanganj-3 (Sonargaon-Siddhirganj) constituency, has alleged that a vested group is conducting a smear campaign against him on social media. According to a press release signed by Sonargaon BNP’s office secretary, false and edited audio clips are being circulated on Facebook to damage Mannan’s reputation and create confusion among party supporters. Mannan claims the campaign began after he received his nomination from acting BNP chairman Tarique Rahman. He urged party members and the public not to be misled by the propaganda and to remain united. Political analysts suggest that Mannan’s growing popularity and organizational strength have made him a target of such conspiracies before the election.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

BNP candidate Azharul Islam Mannan claims social media smear campaign before Narayanganj-3 election

BNP’s acting chairman Tarique Rahman has said that ensuring fair prices for potatoes is more important for farmers than spending around Tk 3,000 crore on a proposed referendum. Speaking virtually at an event marking National Revolution and Solidarity Day in Dhaka, he emphasized that national unity is a strength while division weakens the nation. Rahman warned political parties not to underestimate the interim government or attempt to manipulate outcomes against the BNP, cautioning that such actions could backfire. He also urged anti-fascist political forces to face the people in the upcoming February elections instead of threatening the interim administration. Highlighting road safety issues, Rahman noted Bangladesh’s alarming rate of road accident casualties, lamenting that the issue has been neglected in policy discussions.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Tarique Rahman says fair potato prices outweigh costly referendum for struggling farmers

The Chittagong Port Authority is set to sign a 30-year concession agreement with Denmark-based APM Terminals BV, a Maersk Group subsidiary, to design, finance, build, and operate the modern Laldia Container Terminal under a public-private partnership model. Ownership will remain with the port authority, reducing government capital expenditure. The project, approved in principle by the Economic Affairs Advisory Council, involves an investment exceeding USD 800 million, marking Bangladesh’s largest European equity investment. The terminal, expected to be operational by 2030, will double vessel capacity, enhance global shipping connectivity, and cut export-import costs. It will also create 500–700 direct jobs and thousands of indirect ones while implementing global HSSE standards and digital management systems. The facility will be Bangladesh’s first green and smart port, supporting climate goals and boosting logistics, trade efficiency, and economic growth.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Chittagong Port signs 30-year PPP deal with APM Terminals for $800m Laldia project

Bangladesh’s Education Ministry has assured that the transfer process for MPO-listed teachers recommended by the Non-Government Teachers’ Registration and Certification Authority (NTRCA) will be implemented by January 2026. The assurance came during a meeting on November 10 between ministry officials and representatives of protesting teachers demanding swift action on their transfers. The meeting, lasting about one and a half hours, was attended by a seven-member delegation from the Bangladesh Teachers’ Transfer Aspirants Unity Alliance. The teachers expressed cautious optimism following the ministry’s commitment but warned of renewed protests if the promised timeline is not met. The ministry’s engagement marks a potential resolution to a long-standing demand among NTRCA-recommended teachers seeking workplace transfers.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Education Ministry promises MPO teachers transfer implementation by January 2026

Bangladesh’s Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE) has announced that admissions for the 2025 academic year in both government and private secondary schools will again be conducted through a digital lottery system. Applications will be accepted online from November 21 to December 5, with the lottery scheduled for December 14. Teletalk, the state-owned mobile operator, will provide technical support for the online process. Head teachers will upload vacancy information between November 12 and 19, and admission notices will be published from November 13 to 19. Selected students can complete admission from December 17 to 21, while two waiting lists will be used between December 22 and 30. The Education Ministry has yet to issue the final admission policy, but the process follows the pandemic-era system introduced in 2021.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh to hold 2025 school admissions through digital lottery from November 21

The prosecution in the Abu Sayeed murder case, linked to the July uprising and considered a crime against humanity, expects the trial to conclude by January. Prosecutor Mizanul Islam made the statement during a press briefing at the International Crimes Tribunal on November 10. He said testimony from the 12th witness, Akib Reza Khan, a student of Begum Rokeya University, has been completed, and around 30–35 witnesses will testify in total. The case involves 30 accused, including former vice-chancellor Hasibur Rashid. Islam dismissed concerns about delays, citing normal procedural reasons such as witness illness and investigators’ workload. The tribunal, led by Justice Nazrul Islam Chowdhury, continues to record testimonies, with cross-examinations underway. The prosecution aims to finish witness hearings soon and complete the trial within the next two months.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Prosecution aims to complete Abu Sayeed murder trial by January amid ongoing tribunal proceedings

Two young men from Madaripur, Bangladesh — Jafar Bepari (45) and Sirajul Hawlader (25) — have died in the Mediterranean Sea near Libya while attempting to reach Italy illegally by boat. They left home on September 1, traveling through several countries before boarding a motorboat with about 50 others on October 14. The boat ran out of fuel mid-sea and drifted for a week, during which several passengers, including the two Bangladeshis, died from cold. Families learned of their deaths through Libyan intermediaries. Relatives accused a local human trafficking agent, Lokman Sardar, of taking 3 million taka from both families with false promises of safe passage to Italy. Police confirmed awareness of the deaths but said no official complaint had yet been filed. Authorities are expected to investigate once a formal complaint is lodged.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Two Bangladeshi youths die in Libyan sea while trying to reach Italy illegally

Bangladesh’s Foreign Ministry has summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner Pavan Badhe to protest India’s decision to allow former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who fled to New Delhi after being ousted in the July uprising, to speak to Indian media. Dhaka expressed deep concern, calling the move detrimental to bilateral relations. Officials conveyed that providing a platform to a fugitive accused of crimes against humanity to make anti-Bangladesh remarks and incite unrest was unacceptable. The ministry urged the Indian government to immediately stop Hasina’s media appearances, emphasizing that such actions could harm the constructive relationship between the two neighboring countries.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh protests India allowing ex-PM Hasina media access after her exile in Delhi

A Dhaka court has imposed a travel ban on former Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) Director General Md Harun Or Rashid, his wife Fateha Parvin Luna, and their two daughters. The order was issued by Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Judge Md Sabbir Faiz on November 6 following a petition from the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC). The ACC alleged that Harun Or Rashid is under investigation for amassing and laundering around Tk 1,000 crore in illegal wealth. Investigators expressed concern that the accused and his family might flee the country, which could obstruct the ongoing inquiry. The court, therefore, restricted their departure from Bangladesh to ensure the integrity of the investigation process.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Court bars ex-RAB chief Harun and family from leaving Bangladesh amid corruption probe

A Molotov cocktail-like attack occurred early Wednesday at Nisorgo Resort in the Nagari Union area of Kaliganj, Gazipur. Security guards discovered two glass bottles containing a kerosene-like liquid inside the resort compound and alerted police. Officers recovered the bottles, confirming they were similar to petrol bombs, though no damage or injuries were reported. Police suspect unidentified assailants threw the bottles from outside the boundary wall before fleeing. This marks the second such incident at the same resort within five months; a similar petrol bomb explosion took place in May. Authorities are investigating both cases to determine any connection between the two attacks.

12 Nov 25 1NOJOR.COM

Molotov cocktail-like attack hits Gazipur resort again, police launch investigation


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.