Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Norway’s remarkable World Cup run ended in the quarterfinals after a 2-1 defeat to England, marking the nation’s first-ever appearance at this stage of the tournament. Star striker Erling Haaland, who had been instrumental in Norway’s campaign, expressed frustration over a disallowed goal during the 55th minute. Tobiorn Heggem’s header from a corner was overturned following a VAR review that found Haaland had fouled England’s Elliot Anderson before the play.

Haaland said he felt he was being held throughout the match and called the decision harsh, noting that if such contact were always penalized, he would earn free kicks in nearly every game. Despite the setback, he refused to make excuses, citing the intense heat and humidity in Miami as challenging conditions. Haaland emphasized that small moments and key decisions made the difference in the match.

Playing in his first World Cup, Haaland scored seven goals and helped Norway reach new heights. He said the six-week tournament was an unforgettable experience and believed Norway’s performance, including a historic win over Brazil, could inspire the next generation of players.

13 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Haaland upset over disallowed goal as Norway fall 2-1 to England in World Cup quarterfinal

Norway advanced to the World Cup knockout stage for the first time in 28 years after defeating Senegal 3-1 on Tuesday. Star striker Erling Haaland scored twice, continuing his remarkable scoring streak of two goals in each of his last six international matches. His performance secured Norway’s place in the round of 16, marking a major milestone for the Scandinavian nation since their last appearance in 1998.

In that 1998 tournament in France, Norway had also reached the knockout stage but were eliminated by Italy in the round of 16. This year’s return to the global stage has been marked by strong leadership from captain Martin Ødegaard and a team spirit rooted in Viking-themed celebrations. After the win over Senegal, players were seen performing their symbolic “Viking boat rowing” celebration on the field.

Haaland’s consistent scoring form has been the driving force behind Norway’s resurgence, and his continued performance could fuel hopes of progressing deeper into the tournament.

23 Jun 26 1NOJOR.COM

Haaland’s double helps Norway reach World Cup knockout stage after 28 years

Norwegian football star Erling Braut Haaland was spotted roaming the streets of New York in disguise after his team’s emphatic 4–1 win over Iraq in their first World Cup match. The 25-year-old striker, known for his trademark long blond hair, hid his identity with a light-colored baseball cap and dark sunglasses while visiting Times Square and Katz’s Deli with his girlfriend, Isabel Haugseng Johansen. Few recognized the Manchester City forward as he blended in among tourists and locals.

Following Norway’s return to the World Cup after 28 years, coach Ståle Solbakken granted players two days off to relieve mental pressure before their next match against Senegal at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. Haaland shared photos of his disguised outing on Snapchat, joking that hiding his hair worked best. Solbakken viewed the relaxed mood of his players positively, emphasizing the importance of short breaks for mental refreshment.

Fans have responded with delight to Haaland’s playful adventure, which added a lighthearted moment to Norway’s promising World Cup campaign.

20 Jun 26 1NOJOR.COM

Haaland roams New York in disguise after Norway’s 4–1 World Cup win over Iraq

Norway made a triumphant return to the FIFA World Cup after 26 years, defeating Iraq 4-1 in a Group I match held in Boston on Tuesday. Star striker Erling Haaland scored twice, marking his first World Cup goals and playing a decisive role in the victory. Haaland opened the scoring in the 29th minute, but Iraq equalized through Aymen Hussein. Before halftime, a goalkeeping error by Jalal Hassan allowed Haaland to restore Norway’s lead.

In the second half, Iraq fought back with several close chances, but Norway extended their advantage when substitute defender Leo Østigård headed in from a Martin Ødegaard corner in the 76th minute. Haaland nearly completed a hat-trick, but his effort was saved. The final goal came when Haaland’s header deflected off Hussein for an own goal, sealing Norway’s 4-1 win.

With this result, Norway topped Group I on goal difference, ahead of France, who beat Senegal 3-1. Norway and France will meet in a key group match on June 22 in New Jersey.

17 Jun 26 1NOJOR.COM

Haaland scores twice as Norway beat Iraq 4-1 in World Cup comeback after 26 years

Norway has announced its 26-member squad for the upcoming World Cup, marking the country's return to the tournament after 28 years. In a rare move, King Harald V of Norway personally revealed the team through a social media video message, a role traditionally performed by the coach. The announcement included a surprise call-up for 23-year-old goalkeeper Sander Tangvik, who replaced injured Mathias Dyngeland.

Midfielder Martin Ødegaard has been named captain of the team, which also features star striker Erling Haaland, along with Oscar Bobb and Jørgen Strand Larsen. Norway’s World Cup campaign will begin on June 17 in Boston against Iraq, followed by matches against Senegal in New Jersey on June 23 and France on June 26.

The announcement reflects Norway’s renewed ambition on the global football stage, with a balanced squad combining Premier League experience and emerging domestic talent.

22 May 26 1NOJOR.COM

Norway names 26-man World Cup squad led by Haaland and Ødegaard after 28-year absence

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has confirmed that 287 candidates are being considered for the 2026 Nobel Peace Prize. Committee secretary Kristian Berg Harpviken said on Thursday, April 30, that the list includes 208 individuals and 79 organizations, marking a significant increase from the previous year. This is Harpviken’s first major nomination list since assuming his role in January 2025.

Speculation surrounds the inclusion of U.S. President Donald Trump, as leaders from Cambodia, Israel, and Pakistan have reportedly nominated him before the January 31 deadline. However, Harpviken did not confirm Trump’s name, citing the committee’s rule to keep nominations secret for 50 years. Other names circulating in betting markets include Yulia Navalnaya, Pope Leo, and Sudan’s volunteer group Emergency Response Rooms.

The committee also expressed concern over the deteriorating health of 2023 Peace Prize laureate Narges Mohammadi, who is imprisoned in Iran. The 2026 Peace Prize winner will be announced on October 9, with the formal ceremony scheduled for December 10 in Oslo.

01 May 26 1NOJOR.COM

Nobel Committee lists 287 candidates for 2026 Peace Prize, Trump among possible nominees

Norway has begun relocating part of its roughly 60 troops stationed in the Middle East due to security concerns. A spokesperson for the Norwegian Armed Forces confirmed the move on Friday, saying some personnel are being brought back home while others are being sent to different countries in the region. The decision follows heightened tensions after U.S. President Donald Trump warned Iran on Thursday to reach an agreement on its nuclear program within 10 to 15 days or face severe consequences. In response, Tehran threatened to strike U.S. bases in the region if attacked.

Lieutenant Colonel Vegard Finberg of the Norwegian Joint Headquarters told Reuters that the troops had been engaged in training and other duties with local forces. He explained that the current situation made it impossible for them to continue their primary tasks, prompting the withdrawal. Finberg also noted that several other countries have recently taken similar steps. Norwegian forces are deployed in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East.

The Norwegian military did not disclose the exact number of troops being moved or the specific locations involved.

20 Feb 26 1NOJOR.COM

Norway withdraws part of its Middle East troops citing security risks amid U.S.-Iran tensions

Norwegian authorities have opened an investigation into former Prime Minister Thorbjorn Jagland on suspicion of aggravated corruption following disclosures about his connections with the late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The move follows the release of U.S. Department of Justice documents showing years of communication between Jagland and Epstein, including emails suggesting Jagland stayed at Epstein’s residence. Norway’s white-collar crime unit, Okokrim, said it found reasonable grounds to investigate and has asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to revoke Jagland’s immunity as a former head of an international organisation.

Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide stated that Jagland’s immunity should not obstruct the investigation and announced Norway would propose its revocation to the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers. Jagland’s lawyer did not immediately comment but was quoted by local media as saying his client welcomed the inquiry and remained calm about its outcome.

The investigation comes amid broader scrutiny in Norway over ties between prominent figures and Epstein. The World Economic Forum also launched a review into its CEO Borge Brende’s past interactions with Epstein, underscoring growing pressure for transparency among Norwegian elites.

06 Feb 26 1NOJOR.COM

Norway probes ex-PM Thorbjorn Jagland for alleged corruption linked to Jeffrey Epstein ties

Norway has taken a firm stance against Israel’s actions in Gaza, announcing that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be arrested if he enters the country. This follows the International Criminal Court’s November 21, 2024, arrest warrant against Netanyahu for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Norwegian officials, including Deputy Foreign Minister Andreas Kravik, emphasized their legal obligation to enforce the ICC decision, reflecting Oslo’s commitment to international law and accountability for serious international crimes.

Norwegian Defense Minister Tore Sandvik confirmed that Norway will continue to supply fuel to the United States Navy, despite earlier opposition from Norwegian company Haltbak Bunkers. The company had initially announced they would not supply fuel to the US Navy but changed their stance following a dispute between US President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Zelenskyy. In a Facebook statement after the meeting, they expressed their solidarity with Ukraine, condemning the behavior of the US leaders and praising President Zelenskyy for enduring the “uncivilized treatment” for so long.

03 Mar 25 1NOJOR.COM

Norway to Continue Fuel Supply to US Military


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.