Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

US Vice President JD Vance said ongoing negotiations with Iran are complex and will take time, but he expressed confidence that an eventual agreement can be reached. In an interview with Fox News cited in a report published on August 6, 2026, Vance said the outcome would be positive for the American people. He cautioned that the process remains under way and that it would be premature to make a final assessment now.

Vance said reaching a resolution would not be easy, while maintaining that the matter would ultimately arrive at an outcome beneficial to the United States. He said the process would leave the United States in a stronger position. Vance also reiterated that Iran would never be allowed to possess nuclear weapons.

The vice president also referred to oil prices, saying they were probably at $79 that day and would fall and remain low. He said the United States would use every type of tool at its disposal to reach the desired resolution, including military, economic and diplomatic measures.

06 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

JD Vance calls Iran talks complex but says a US-favorable agreement remains possible

Palestinian rights advocate and physician Abdul El-Sayed won the Democratic Party’s U.S. Senate nomination in Michigan, defeating Congresswoman Haley Stevens in results announced Wednesday. With 92.9 percent of votes counted, El-Sayed received 48.7 percent, compared with Stevens’ 47.3 percent. The contest was described as one of the most expensive and closely watched primaries in U.S. history.

According to an NBC News report cited by the source, total spending in the race approached $65 million, with much of it aimed at stopping El-Sayed’s victory. The source said the pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC spent more than $30 million to support Stevens and defeat El-Sayed. State legislator Mallory McMorrow, who had earlier left the race, backed El-Sayed after his victory.

Speaking to supporters in Detroit, the 41-year-old said a larger fight lay ahead. He will face former Republican congressman Mike Rogers in November. During the campaign, El-Sayed called Israel’s military operation in Gaza “genocide” and argued that U.S. military aid to Israel should instead be invested in healthcare, housing, education and infrastructure.

06 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Palestinian rights advocate Abdul El-Sayed wins Michigan Democratic Senate nomination

CNN has reported that the United States has used nearly 80 percent of its pre-war stockpile of THAAD missile-defense interceptors in the ongoing war with Iran. Published on August 5, 2026, the report cited two sources familiar with the matter and said roughly half of Patriot missile-defense interceptors had also been used during the conflict.

Reuters and CBS News had previously reported that the United States used almost all of its global inventory of long-range precision missiles in the war against Iran. CNN said President Donald Trump decided to cancel a planned major attack on Iranian infrastructure after considering declining weapons stocks and the possibility of Iranian retaliatory attacks against US allies in the Middle East.

The Pentagon and White House disputed concerns over an ammunition shortage. Pentagon chief spokesperson Sean Parnell said the US military has everything needed to conduct operations wherever and whenever the president directs. White House spokesperson Anna Kelly said the military has sufficient weapons, munitions and stockpiles to meet Trump’s strategic objectives, adding that its capability exceeds what is required.

05 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

CNN says the US used about 80% of its THAAD stockpile in the ongoing Iran war

California authorities arrested a 38-year-old man, Jinin John Tylee, near Trump National Golf Course in Rancho Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, after he was seen behaving suspiciously around the site. The arrest occurred Sunday afternoon on allegations of carrying a concealed firearm and possessing prohibited ammunition. President Donald Trump was scheduled to attend a fundraising dinner at the course, which he owns.

The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Office said Tylee had been seen moving around different areas of the course, taking photographs and videos, and observing security operations. Plainclothes federal agents alerted local authorities about a suspicious person after noon on Sunday, and police subsequently detained him. Authorities recovered a pistol and illegal ammunition from him.

Police said Tylee was also being sought in connection with an alleged robbery case involving the El Segundo Police Department. A search of his home, conducted because of a potential security concern, found an AR-platform rifle, a .45-caliber pistol, body armor, high-capacity magazines, large quantities of pistol and rifle ammunition, and notebooks containing concerning statements. The investigation remains under way, and officials said additional charges may be filed.

05 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

California authorities arrest armed man near Trump National Golf Course

Twenty-five US states have sued to challenge the legality of President Donald Trump’s decision to impose new additional tariffs on 60 trading partners. The case was filed Monday in the US Court of International Trade. The Trump administration imposed duties ranging from 10% to 12.5%, alleging that the targeted partners produce goods through forced labor or import such goods.

The plaintiff states include New York, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Washington, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, with 17 other states joining the case. In July, the administration imposed the tariffs on 59 countries, including India, Canada, Japan, Norway, Taiwan and China, as well as the European Union. The measure was taken under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974.

New York Attorney General Letitia James said imports from the 60 partners account for 99.4% of total US imports. Governor Kathy Hochul said the tariffs raise costs for consumers and small businesses. White House spokesperson Kush Desai defended the policy, saying action was needed to stop imports of goods made with forced labor and that Section 301 tariffs remain a legally effective tool.

04 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Twenty-five US states challenge Trump administration’s new tariffs in trade court

A new nationwide online Reuters-Ipsos poll found US President Donald Trump’s approval rating has fallen to 35 percent, according to a report published on August 4, 2026. The rating was 37 percent in the previous month’s survey, marking a decline of two percentage points over one month.

The report linked the decline to voter dissatisfaction with the handling of the economy and higher energy prices caused by the war with Iran. For the first time in nearly a decade, respondents viewed Democrats as more capable than Republicans of managing the economy. Political debate in the United States has also focused on Trump’s economic policies, inflation and energy costs.

The polling trend could concern Republicans ahead of the midterm elections, whose outcome may determine control of Congress for the following two years. Trump disputed the assessment of his popularity, saying his real polling results were better than at any previous time. In a Truth Social post, he said those results were not produced by what he called the fake news media.

04 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Reuters-Ipsos poll puts Trump approval at 35%, down two points from last month

Debate and public dissatisfaction over the political influence of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, are increasing in the United States. In a televised Democratic Senate candidates’ debate in Michigan, progressive candidate and former health official Abdul El-Sayed accused rival and four-term congresswoman Haley Stevens of relying on funding from AIPAC and other pro-Israel lobby groups.

El-Sayed said the key difference between the candidates was $46 million in AIPAC spending, while Stevens denied the allegation and said she was accountable only to Michigan residents. Analysts said the issue could significantly affect voter decisions in Tuesday’s primary. AIPAC has faced criticism from both left and right as international criticism has grown over Israeli military operations in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon.

AIPAC has raised more than $47 million during the current election cycle. Its affiliated super PAC, United Democracy Project, held about $83 million through June 30. Support for AIPAC also became a major issue in a New York City Democratic primary. Analysts say AIPAC remains a powerful US lobby, but changing public opinion and developments in the Middle East have created new challenges for its political influence.

04 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Voter criticism of AIPAC funding is becoming a major issue in US primary campaigns

The US military has asked its own personnel for new, creative and unconventional ways to increase pressure on and impose punitive measures against Iran, CNN reported. A senior official in US Central Command’s intelligence branch sent an internal email to military analysts last week seeking proposals, according to two sources familiar with the message. The request comes as the Trump administration seeks ways to bring Tehran to negotiations on US terms.

CENTCOM spokesperson Captain Timothy Hawkins said the command believes in innovative thinking and action, and that Admiral Cooper seeks ideas from team members regardless of rank. The report said the United States has conducted sustained air strikes for weeks to weaken Iran’s military capability and return Tehran to talks, but no sign of an agreement has emerged. CIA, DIA and Joint Chiefs Chairman General Dan Caine have assessed that the current air campaign is unlikely to significantly alter Iran’s negotiating position.

Sources said the administration is considering strikes on nuclear sites including Pickaxe Mountain, while planners believe deeply underground facilities may require ground forces to destroy completely. The report cited major military and political risks and said 18 US troops have been killed in the conflict. Other options under discussion include a one- to two-week air campaign, seizing Kharg Island and a symbolic strike.

04 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

US Central Command seeks unconventional ideas to increase pressure on Iran

A severe wildfire in the Spokane area of Washington state has destroyed at least 600 structures, including homes, businesses and other buildings, according to the report published on August 3, 2026. About 60,000 people have been evacuated for safety as fires continue to affect Spokane and nearby areas in the United States.

Over the weekend, roughly 21 square kilometres of Spokane and surrounding land burned. Across Washington state, wildfires have damaged about 1,000 square kilometres in total. Authorities said several fires, including the Spokane blaze, had not yet been brought under control. No deaths, injuries or missing people had been reported so far.

Officials warned that continuing dry weather could further complicate conditions, while the cause of the fires remains unknown. A separate major wildfire near the Idaho and Oregon border burned about 1,360 square kilometres of grassland, placing more than 600 homes and 800 other structures at risk. In Utah, another wildfire expanded to 145 square kilometres over the weekend, killing more than 100 livestock animals.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Spokane wildfire burns 600 structures and forces evacuation of about 60,000 people

US President Donald Trump is losing credibility on Iran, according to Trita Parsi, executive vice president of the US-based Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft. In a special interview with Al Jazeera published on August 3, 2026, Parsi said Trump’s conduct had become a “tiring pattern” involving severe threats followed by a retreat from that position.

Parsi said Trump first issues frightening threats of destructive attacks, then steps back while presenting the move as his own achievement. According to the analyst, Trump seeks to frame the outcome as though the other side had backed down, leading him to refrain from an attack. Parsi nevertheless viewed a retreat and renewed space for diplomacy more positively than the start of a disastrous war or further escalation of conflict.

However, Parsi cautioned that the situation cannot continue indefinitely. He voiced deep concern about the future of negotiations, saying repeated reversals could completely destroy their credibility. He added that commitment to any agreement could then be questioned, as could the acceptability of proposals or concessions made in talks. Trump’s threats themselves could lose significance and credibility through repeated changes of position.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Analyst Trita Parsi warns Trump’s Iran approach could erode the credibility of future talks

A new CNN poll of Democratic Party supporters and Democratic-leaning voters found New York Mayor Zohran Mamdani to be the party’s most popular leader. The report, published on August 2, 2026, said he surpassed both senior party leadership and the Democratic Party itself in popularity among the surveyed group.

Mamdani recorded a net favorability rating of 54 percent, according to the poll. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ranked second with a net popularity rating of 45 percent. House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries had a net favorability of 22 percent, while Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s popularity stood at 1 percent.

The results were interpreted as indicating that Democratic voters place greater trust in a newer generation of leaders than in the party’s long-standing leadership. Mamdani, who took office as New York mayor only seven months ago, has built strong support within the party in a short period, the report said. Political analysts described the findings as an important message for Democratic leadership, which may need to reconsider whom grassroots supporters trust most.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

CNN poll puts New York Mayor Zohran Mamdani atop Democratic supporters' popularity rankings

US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth reiterated President Donald Trump’s warning of possible military action against Iran, saying US armed forces remain highly alert and ready to carry out any order. The report, published on August 3, said Hegseth stressed that the Pentagon in Washington remains militarily prepared amid continuing tensions.

In a message on X, formerly Twitter, Hegseth said Trump’s statement remained fully in force: the Pentagon had been prepared to launch against Iran an attack of a scale the world had not seen since the Second World War. He again underscored that the US military’s readiness had not changed.

The report characterized Hegseth’s forceful message as an indication of the United States’ military posture and strength during the current tensions. While its headline refers to ongoing discussions, the text provides no details about those talks, including participants, timing, terms, or any decision on military action. It also does not specify a deadline, target, or operational plan for a potential strike.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

US defense chief says Pentagon remains ready for a powerful strike against Iran

Fast-moving wildfires in the Spokane area of Washington state have created a severe emergency, prompting local authorities to order thousands of residents to move to safety. Acting Governor Rob Ferguson declared a statewide emergency as fire intensity increased. On the afternoon of Saturday, August 1, the fire crossed the Spokane River and entered the city’s main area. Authorities placed broad parts of Spokane under the highest alert and told residents to leave their homes quickly for safe shelter.

According to Anadolu Agency, more than 80,900 hectares of land have been damaged across 12 major wildfire areas in the state. Four consecutive years of drought have made Washington’s forests and open areas highly vulnerable to fire, in what the report described as one of the state’s longest drought periods. Ferguson said persistent drought combined with strong gusty winds had made the fires more severe.

A strict ban on open burning and the use of fire in agricultural work will remain in force until the end of September. Suburban residents have faced the greatest losses, the report said, and authorities have opened temporary shelters for people whose homes are at risk or have been damaged. Officials fear that, despite August only beginning, 2026 may become one of the most severe wildfire seasons in recent years.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Washington declares emergency as fast-moving wildfires force thousands from Spokane homes

A shooting erupted Saturday at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant in Twin Falls, southern Idaho, killing three people and injuring two, according to city spokesperson Josh Palmer. State police said the suspected gunman was also dead, though Palmer did not clarify whether the attacker was included among the three reported fatalities. Authorities were still investigating the exact casualty count.

Twin Falls Police Chief Matthew Hicks said the shooting created an extremely chaotic and frightening situation inside and around the restaurant. State police confirmed that several people were killed or injured but said the specific numbers remained under investigation. Police and investigators were continuing work to establish the confirmed number of victims.

Video aired by local media showed a young man outside the restaurant holding a long gun. Other videos circulating on social media showed frightened people running from the area as gunfire was heard. Twin Falls, a city of about 56,000 people roughly 180 miles from Salt Lake City, was described as a quiet city, and the attack at a busy restaurant spread fear across the community.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Three people were killed and two injured in a shooting at a Twin Falls restaurant

The US State Department is set to permanently apply a visa-bond policy for citizens of 50 countries, including Bangladesh, seeking B-1 business or B-2 tourist visas. Under the new rule, consular officers may require applicants to post a bond of up to $20,000 as a condition for visa approval. The regulation is due to take effect through publication in the Federal Register on August 3.

According to the Federal Register notice cited in a Reuters report, the department reviewed results from a pilot visa-bond programme launched in 2025 and found it effective in helping ensure compliance with visa conditions. The pilot allowed bonds of $5,000, $10,000 and $15,000. The new regulation removes the $5,000 option and raises the maximum bond amount to $20,000.

Thirty of the 50 listed countries are in Africa. In South Asia, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan are included, while India is not. The US administration says the measure is intended to reduce visa overstays. Immigration rights advocates say the additional financial requirement could create barriers for legitimate travellers and discourage lawful travel. Human rights groups have also raised concerns about the Trump administration's strict immigration policies, allegations President Donald Trump has rejected, citing national security.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

US may require Bangladeshi B-1 and B-2 visa applicants to post bonds up to $20,000


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.