The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
More than 500,000 barrels of Venezuela’s daily oil output are being sent to refineries across the United States, according to US Under Secretary of Energy Kyle Housetveit. He disclosed the figure at an energy conference in Texas on August 19, 2026. Venezuela produces about 1.25 million barrels of oil per day, meaning exports to the United States account for a substantial share of its production.
Housetveit said the US refineries receiving the crude were largely designed to process Venezuela’s heavy crude oil. He also said the United States is assisting Venezuela in increasing oil production and that both countries are benefiting from the process.
Venezuela holds the world’s largest oil reserves, but long-running investment shortages and US sanctions had limited its contribution to global demand. Oil production and exports have begun rising again since recent political changes and the formation of an interim government. International groups and research organizations have raised concerns over transparency in the use of oil-sale revenue and the exclusion of the main opposition party from talks with the interim government.
More than 500,000 barrels of Venezuelan oil a day are heading to US refineries
Venezuela’s death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck near its coast in June has risen to 6,438, authorities said Monday. The updated figure was announced nearly two months after the 7.2- and 7.5-magnitude earthquakes struck on June 24. Parliament Speaker Jorge Rodriguez said the toll had increased from 6,301 reported last week.
At least 190 buildings collapsed in the earthquakes, according to the reported official information. About 60,000 homes were damaged, including roughly 24,000 that have become uninhabitable. Relatives and rescue workers are still searching through rubble for missing people despite the time that has passed since the disaster.
Thousands of people remain in temporary camps, where living conditions are described as extremely difficult. Heavy rain in Caracas over the weekend damaged several tents used by earthquake survivors. The government of interim President Delcy Rodriguez has promised to provide new homes for those affected, aiming to deliver 4,000 homes by the end of the year. So far, only 335 homes have been prepared for victims.
Venezuela earthquake death toll rises to 6,438 as thousands remain in temporary camps
Venezuela and Israel have agreed to resume consular services in each other’s countries after 17 years, both governments announced on Tuesday. The move is seen as a major shift in Venezuelan foreign policy after Caracas severed diplomatic relations with Israel in 2009.
Venezuela broke ties in protest over Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip. The source says circumstances changed after President Nicolas Maduro was taken to the United States in January, and Venezuela strengthened relations with Washington, which it describes as close to Israel.
The interim government led by Delcy Rodriguez said an Israeli humanitarian assistance delegation visited Venezuela after a deadly earthquake in June. Senior officials from the two countries then held talks, leading to the agreement on restoring consular services. Venezuela’s government said both sides recognized the importance of ties between the State of Israel and Venezuela’s Jewish community, describing that community as an important historical bridge of friendship. Israel’s Foreign Ministry issued the same statement.
Venezuela and Israel agree to restore consular services after 17 years
U.S. federal prosecutors and defense lawyers have proposed that the trial of former Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores begin in June 2027. The proposal, reported by ABC News citing a court document, comes ahead of a scheduled hearing where U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein may approve the timeline. Both sides have already exchanged pretrial proposals, confidential evidence, and a tentative schedule for the proceedings.
According to the proposed timeline, Maduro’s legal team will submit documents supporting his claim of state sovereign immunity by September this year, with arguments expected in November. Hearings on other defense motions are planned for January next year. Prosecutors said most unclassified and general evidence has been shared, and the majority of classified materials should be submitted by November. Both parties retain the right to request a delay if necessary, especially if complications arise over classified information.
Maduro and Flores were arrested in January following a U.S. military operation in Venezuela and face charges of narco-terrorism and conspiracy to traffic cocaine into the United States. Maduro has pleaded not guilty, maintaining he remains Venezuela’s legitimate president.
U.S. prosecutors propose June 2027 start for Nicolás Maduro’s drug trafficking trial
Venezuela’s National Assembly President Jorge Rodríguez announced that the death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck the country last month has risen to 5,346. In a post on social media platform X on Tuesday, Rodríguez said a total of 16,740 people were injured in the disasters. The quakes, measuring 7.2 and 7.5 in magnitude, hit the South American nation on June 24.
According to Rodríguez, authorities have provided assistance to 128,324 affected families and established 107 temporary camps to shelter displaced residents. Currently, 17,907 people are living in these camps. He added that 856 buildings were damaged, including 190 that completely collapsed.
The updated figures highlight the extensive human and structural toll of the twin earthquakes, as emergency support and recovery operations continue across the affected regions.
Death toll from Venezuela’s twin June earthquakes rises to 5,346, officials report
The Venezuelan government announced on Monday that the death toll from last month’s twin earthquakes has risen to 5,278. The quakes, measuring 7.2 and 7.5 in magnitude, struck the northern region of the country on June 24, severely affecting La Guaira state and areas around the capital, Caracas. The updated figures were released in the government’s latest report.
According to National Assembly President Jorge Rodríguez, at least 16,740 people were injured and are receiving treatment. Official data indicate that more than 850 buildings were damaged, with 190 completely destroyed. Authorities have not yet provided a confirmed number of missing persons.
More than 23,500 displaced residents have been given shelter in temporary camps set up in stadiums and public squares, where volunteers are assisting with relief distribution and basic services.
Venezuela updates death toll to 5,278 after twin earthquakes devastate northern regions
The death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela last month has risen to 5,119, according to the latest official figures released on Saturday. The quakes, which occurred on June 24, caused severe damage in the coastal state of La Guaira near the capital Caracas. Authorities reported that the number of injured remains unchanged at 16,740.
Venezuelan parliamentary president Jorge Rodríguez confirmed the updated figures through Telegram. Rescue operations continue in La Guaira, where many buildings collapsed, and bodies are still being recovered from the debris. Thousands of residents have been left homeless and are currently staying in temporary shelters.
Officials have not yet released any formal count of those still missing, leaving uncertainty about the total human impact of the disaster.
Death toll from Venezuela’s twin earthquakes rises to 5,119 as rescue efforts continue
A powerful twin earthquake that struck Venezuela on June 24 has left at least 4,930 people dead and around 50,000 missing, according to the latest update announced by lawmaker Jorge Rodríguez on Thursday. The Al Jazeera report said about 17,000 people were injured, and more than 21,000 are currently living in temporary shelters. Rescue operations have continued in the affected areas, though locals have criticized the government’s slow response.
Displaced residents told Al Jazeera that volunteers and ordinary citizens began rescue efforts before the government’s presence was visible. International rescue teams that arrived earlier have now departed, with current efforts focused on delivering humanitarian aid to survivors. Many displaced families continue to struggle with limited assistance.
Experts cited in the report said U.S. economic sanctions imposed since 2015 have made Venezuela’s disaster response more difficult. Economist Mark Weisbrot noted that about $11 billion in Venezuelan assets remain frozen abroad. Fourteen U.S. Democratic lawmakers have urged the White House to ease sanctions, arguing they are obstructing relief and reconstruction efforts. The United Nations estimates rebuilding could cost around $37 billion.
Venezuela quake kills nearly 5,000, 50,000 missing amid sanctions and slow recovery
A powerful pair of earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has left at least 4,561 people dead, according to a report by Turkey’s Anadolu Agency on Tuesday. Jorge Rodríguez, president of the country’s National Assembly, said 16,740 people were injured. Authorities have assisted 128,324 families and set up 107 temporary shelters for 20,231 people, where 17,907 are currently staying. A total of 856 buildings were damaged, including 190 that collapsed.
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported that the quakes measured 7.2 and 7.5 in magnitude, with epicenters along Venezuela’s northern coast, an area that hosts several oil refineries. CNN reported that many buildings in Caracas and other cities collapsed as a result of the tremors. The USGS noted that most structures in Venezuela were not built using earthquake-resistant technology, raising concerns that the death toll could exceed 10,000.
Authorities continue relief efforts as the country faces widespread destruction and displacement following the June 24 disaster.
Twin earthquakes in Venezuela leave 4,561 dead and thousands injured
The death toll from the powerful twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 4,333, with 16,740 people injured, according to National Assembly President Jorge Rodríguez. He announced the updated figures at a press conference on Saturday, noting that 315 victims remain unidentified. Rescue teams have so far saved 6,462 people, while around 17,000 have been left homeless.
Rodríguez stated that the government will begin distributing new housing to affected families next week. Acting President Delcy Rodríguez will allocate the first 200 new homes to victims. A total of 856 buildings were damaged, including 190 that either collapsed completely or suffered severe structural damage. Authorities estimate that at least 25,000 new homes will be needed for rehabilitation efforts.
To support reconstruction, approximately 40 plots of land covering 584,000 square meters have been identified in the Osma and Chuspa areas. Rodríguez added that rescue operations remain ongoing in a few uncertain zones where teams continue searching for survivors.
Venezuela quake death toll hits 4,333; rescue and housing efforts continue
A report by The New York Times claims that former U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio has been exerting significant influence over Venezuela’s state affairs from Washington. Over the past six months, Rubio’s role has reportedly expanded across key areas including the economy, natural resources, government decisions, and sanctions enforcement. The report links this development to a U.S. special forces operation earlier this year that led to the detention of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, after which Rubio began working closely with the country’s interim administration.
According to the report, Rubio maintains regular communication with Delcy Rodríguez, recognized by the U.S. as Venezuela’s interim leader, through Spanish-language WhatsApp exchanges. It also claims that most of Venezuela’s export revenues are first deposited in the U.S. Treasury before being released to Venezuelan banks under conditions determined by Rubio’s team. This arrangement is said to have reduced corruption and eased pressure from international creditors while increasing U.S. influence over the interim government.
The report further states that Rubio plays a key role in implementing sanctions, reforming Venezuela’s oil sector, and advising on major government appointments. However, the claims have not been independently verified, and neither the U.S. nor Venezuelan governments have issued official responses.
Report alleges Marco Rubio directs key Venezuelan affairs from Washington
Two powerful earthquakes struck Venezuela on June 24, killing 4,118 people and injuring 16,740, according to official figures. Thousands remain homeless as 856 buildings were damaged, including 190 that completely collapsed. Rescue teams have so far pulled 6,462 people from the rubble, and 89 temporary shelters have been opened for displaced residents.
National Assembly President Jorge Rodríguez said that 86,794 families have received assistance. The United Nations has appealed for about 300 million US dollars in emergency funds to support relief efforts for those affected by the disaster.
Interim President Delcy Rodríguez has urged the release of Venezuelan assets frozen abroad so that the funds can be used for reconstruction and recovery work.
Twin earthquakes kill over 4,000 in Venezuela; UN appeals for $300 million emergency aid
A Venezuelan father and his two young sons were miraculously rescued alive from the ruins of the 11‑storey Ritasol Palace building in La Guaira’s Caraballeda area after a 7.2‑magnitude earthquake struck on June 24. The dramatic rescue was led by the father’s eldest son, 26‑year‑old Jesús García, a former firefighter who joined the operation after hearing his father’s cries beneath the rubble. The family had been trapped in the basement for more than an hour before rescue efforts began, and were freed after a tense 20‑hour operation involving police and former firefighting colleagues.
The father, 46‑year‑old mechanic José García, expressed gratitude for surviving with his sons Diego, 7, and Santiago, 12, though his wife remains missing under the debris. He continues to wait at the site, hoping she will be found alive. The twin earthquakes have caused widespread devastation across Venezuela, killing at least 3,342 people and leaving over 50,000 missing. Government figures show 856 buildings damaged and 190 completely collapsed.
Public anger has grown over slow rescue operations and disorganized relief efforts, deepening the sense of uncertainty and grief nationwide.
Father and sons rescued alive from Venezuela quake ruins by ex-firefighter son
A powerful pair of earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has left at least 3,342 people dead and about 16,700 injured, according to a Reuters report published on July 6, 2026. Thousands remain missing following the twin quakes, which caused extensive damage across several regions, with La Guaira suffering the most destruction. The Venezuelan Information Ministry confirmed that 6,462 people have been rescued so far, while 856 buildings were damaged and 190 structures collapsed.
Authorities said 86,794 families have received assistance, and 17,345 residents remain homeless. The government has deployed 29,567 workers and 27,482 volunteers for relief operations, supported by 4,088 international rescuers. Relief efforts have included the distribution of 9,585 tons of food, 669,008 liters of water, and medical treatment for 23,820 patients. Seventy-nine temporary shelters have been established in affected areas.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported that the two quakes, measuring magnitudes 7.2 and 7.5, struck within 39 seconds of each other. The ministry also noted that 995 aftershocks have occurred since the initial disaster.
Twin earthquakes in Venezuela kill 3,342 and injure thousands, major rescue and relief underway
After more than 100 hours of rescue operations, Venezuelan man Hernan Alberto Gil Flores was pulled alive from the rubble following two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24. The quakes, measuring 7.2 and 7.5 in magnitude, caused widespread destruction and killed more than 2,500 people. Gil had been trapped for eight days beneath 140 tons of concrete debris from a collapsed multistory shopping mall where he worked as a security guard.
Rescue team member Minyar Collado from Costa Rica said Gil repeatedly asked rescuers not to inform his wife that he was alive, explaining that he was uncertain how long he would survive. Despite his request, news of his survival reached his wife, Gusbiman Gonzalez. Gil described his ordeal, saying he had feared rescuers would never find him and credited divine mercy for his survival.
Authorities continue searching for survivors under the debris as the country grapples with the aftermath of the devastating earthquakes.
Venezuelan man rescued alive after 100 hours trapped under rubble from twin earthquakes
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.