Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Israel’s parliament, the Knesset, has approved the 2026 national budget while the country remains engaged in war with Iran. The total budget amounts to about 245 billion dollars, with more than 45 billion dollars allocated to the military sector. This represents an increase of over 10 billion dollars compared to the previous year.

The new defense allocation is more than double that of the 2023 budget, which had been passed in February before the outbreak of the Gaza war that year. Ahead of the vote, Israel’s far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich described the moment as a “historic turning point” for the country.

The expanded military funding underscores Israel’s heightened defense priorities amid ongoing regional conflict, reflecting a significant shift in national spending priorities.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Israel approves 2026 budget with major rise in defense spending amid war with Iran

U.S. President Donald Trump has claimed that Iran’s governing system has already changed. In an interview with The Financial Times, he said that the killing of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and other senior officials during the early days of the war resulted in a ‘regime change’ in Iran. Trump described the current Iranian leadership as a completely different and highly professional group.

He reiterated his claim that Khamenei’s son, Mojtaba, who had succeeded his father as Iran’s Supreme Leader, is either dead or critically injured. Trump stated that there has been no information about Mojtaba’s condition and asserted that he believes Mojtaba is dead.

Trump further expressed his belief that Iran may eventually reach an agreement with the United States. The interview was reported by BBC and published by Amar Desh Online on March 30, 2026.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump claims Iran’s leadership changed after deaths of Khamenei and senior officials

US President Donald Trump claimed that American forces have destroyed important targets across Iran. In a post on Truth Social on Sunday, he described it as a major day for the US military, calling it the best and most lethal in the world. He said the forces had eliminated and destroyed long-desired objectives in Iran.

Earlier, speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump said the United States was engaged in both direct and indirect discussions with Iran and that the talks were progressing very well. He expressed confidence about reaching an agreement with Iran but acknowledged that there was also a possibility of failure. Trump further claimed that a change in Iran’s governing system had already taken place.

The statements came as Trump also mentioned that progress in the talks with Iran was being made through Pakistan, suggesting ongoing diplomatic efforts alongside military actions.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump says US forces destroyed key Iranian targets as talks progress through Pakistan

U.S. President Donald Trump has stated that he wants to take control of Iran’s oil resources and its key energy hub, Kharg Island. He made the remarks in an interview with the Financial Times published on March 30, 2026. Trump said his preferred action would be to seize Iran’s oil, though some in the United States oppose the idea. He described those critics as foolish.

In the same interview, Trump said the United States might or might not take over Kharg Island, emphasizing that Washington has many options. He added that such a move could require a temporary U.S. presence there. When asked about Iran’s defense systems on the island, Trump claimed he did not believe Iran had any and asserted that it could be captured easily.

The report, citing the BBC, comes amid broader discussions involving Iran, including Trump’s claim of progress in talks through Pakistan and rising global oil prices surpassing 116 dollars per barrel.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump says he wants control of Iran’s oil and Kharg Island

South African athlete Caster Semenya, a two-time Olympic gold medalist in the 800 meters, has criticized the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) new decision to reintroduce gender verification tests for female athletes. The policy, approved under new IOC president Kirsty Coventry, will take effect from the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics. Semenya described the decision as disrespectful, saying it is particularly painful for African women who are disproportionately affected.

The IOC’s move marks a return to a controversial practice last used between 1968 and 1996, when female athletes were required to undergo chromosome testing to confirm their gender. The organization had previously abandoned the policy following widespread criticism and pressure from various groups.

Semenya, who has faced challenges due to naturally high testosterone levels, said women should not have to prove their eligibility to compete. Her comments highlight ongoing tensions between sports authorities and athletes over gender verification and fairness in women’s sports.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Caster Semenya criticizes IOC’s gender testing rule for women as disrespectful

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has claimed responsibility for destroying a US Boeing E-3 Sentry surveillance aircraft worth $700 million using a Shahed-136 drone costing about $20,000. The attack reportedly took place last Friday at Saudi Arabia’s Prince Sultan Air Base, where Iran launched a coordinated missile and drone strike. According to the IRGC, at least 12 US soldiers were injured in the incident.

In a statement released Sunday, the IRGC said its Aerospace Force carried out the joint operation in response to what it called hostile actions by US forces. The group asserted that the E-3 Sentry, part of the Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AWACS), was completely destroyed, and nearby aircraft were also damaged. Images circulating on social media appeared to show wreckage of the aircraft at the US-operated base in Saudi Arabia, which had been deployed from Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City.

The IRGC added that the drone struck the aircraft near its tail section, hitting the sensitive AN/APY-2 radar area. The report was sourced from Press TV.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran says low-cost drone destroyed US E-3 Sentry aircraft in Saudi Arabia strike

Global oil prices climbed sharply on Monday, surpassing $116 per barrel as renewed conflict in the Middle East intensified concerns over energy supply. The benchmark Brent crude rose more than 3 percent in early trading, crossing the $116 mark amid heightened tensions around the Strait of Hormuz.

Before February 28, oil traded at about $72 per barrel. On March 19, it reached a peak of $118 before easing slightly to just under $112 by Friday afternoon. The current surge marks a significant increase compared to pre-war levels, reflecting market anxiety over potential disruptions in the region.

The price spike coincided with Iran’s announcement that it is prepared for a possible U.S. ground attack. Iran’s parliamentary speaker warned that any American troops entering the country would face severe retaliation, and regional allies would also be punished, according to the report.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Oil prices rise above $116 per barrel amid Middle East conflict and Hormuz tensions

Dismissed Bangladesh Army officer Lieutenant Colonel Md. Afzal Naser, aged 61, was arrested by the Detective Branch police early Sunday night in the Mirpur DOHS area of Dhaka. According to law enforcement sources, the arrest took place around 3 a.m. following a raid based on secret information. Authorities have not yet released official details about the specific reason for his detention or the case under which he was arrested.

Afzal Naser was dismissed from the army on November 5, 2009. He had joined the military on July 4, 1984, and served in several key positions during his career. Notably, he worked in the Directorate General of Forces Intelligence (DGFI) from March 2006 to March 2008, a period associated with the 1/11 caretaker government. He hails from Mujir Khil village in Senbag upazila of Noakhali.

Sources indicated that more information regarding the arrest may be released soon.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Dismissed army officer Afzal Naser arrested in Mirpur; reason for detention undisclosed

Iran’s new Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei has issued another message, though he has yet to appear in public. According to a BBC report on Sunday, the message expressed gratitude to Iraq’s religious leaders and people for taking a clear stance against aggression toward Iran. Iranian media said the message was delivered to an Iraqi official following a meeting between the speaker of Iraq’s Supreme Islamic Assembly and Iran’s ambassador in Baghdad.

Since assuming the position of Supreme Leader earlier in March, several written messages have been released in Mojtaba Khamenei’s name, but he has not been seen publicly or on state television. His appointment followed the death of former Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on February 28, the first day of a major attack.

U.S. President Donald Trump claimed that Mojtaba Khamenei is either dead or in very poor condition, citing his absence from public view. However, Iran’s ambassador in Geneva stated that security reasons are preventing the new leader from appearing publicly.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran’s new leader sends message thanking Iraq while remaining unseen in public

Pope Leo XIV warned that God does not respond to the prayers of warmongers during his Palm Sunday sermon on Sunday, amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. He stated that God is against war and does not accept the prayers of those who promote it. The Pope also expressed concern for Christians affected by the conflict, noting that they are unable to fully observe their religious practices.

Earlier in the week, Pope Leo XIV had called for a ceasefire in the Middle East, saying that more than one million people had already been displaced. He urged all parties involved in the conflict to engage in dialogue to resolve their differences. The Pope, the first American to hold the position, has consistently condemned war and advocated for peaceful negotiation.

Despite his repeated appeals for peace, the 70-year-old pontiff has refrained from naming or blaming any specific side in the conflict, maintaining a cautious stance on the Iran war issue.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pope Leo XIV says God rejects warmongers’ prayers amid Middle East conflict

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif announced that his country will work to bring the United States and Iran to the negotiation table. The statement came on Sunday following discussions among the foreign ministers of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Egypt. Sharif emphasized Pakistan’s commitment to playing a constructive role in resolving ongoing conflicts in the Middle East and said efforts would focus on encouraging dialogue between Washington and Tehran.

According to the statement, Sharif held meetings with the foreign ministers of Turkey and Egypt to discuss the escalating regional crisis. He highlighted the urgent need for joint initiatives to end conflicts that have caused loss of life, economic damage, and destruction of resources in several Muslim countries, including Iran.

The announcement reflects Pakistan’s intent to act as a mediator in regional disputes, seeking to promote stability through diplomatic engagement among key Middle Eastern and global actors.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pakistan to help bring US and Iran to negotiation table amid Middle East tensions

Israel carried out an attack on a United Nations peacekeeping base in southern Lebanon’s Marjayoun district, according to UNIFIL. The strike targeted the headquarters of a UN peacekeeping contingent in the Adshit al-Qusayr area, resulting in the death of one peacekeeper and leaving another critically injured. Indonesian peacekeepers stationed at the site were reported to have been affected by the attack.

Lebanon’s state news agency confirmed the incident and reported that the wounded were airlifted to hospitals for treatment. The private broadcaster Al-Jadeed said casualties were feared following the strike. UNIFIL confirmed the death of one peacekeeper and the critical condition of another.

Separately, Lebanon’s state news agency reported that an Israeli airstrike on the southern city of Shakra killed five people. The incidents underscore escalating violence in southern Lebanon amid ongoing regional tensions.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Israeli strike on UN base in Lebanon kills one peacekeeper, injures others

Nepal’s new Prime Minister and Rastriya Swatantra Party leader Balendra (Balen) Shah has announced major changes to the country’s education system during his first cabinet meeting. The government has introduced a 100-point reform program, with a large portion focused on education. As part of this initiative, all politically affiliated student organizations in schools and universities have been banned, and campuses have been instructed to remove them within a set timeframe. In their place, non-political student councils will be formed within 90 days to represent students’ genuine interests.

According to official documents, the government also aims to depoliticize the administration by prohibiting civil servants and teachers from joining political parties and dissolving party-based trade unions. To reduce exam pressure, all traditional internal exams up to grade five have been abolished, replaced by alternative and psychological assessment methods. Schools with foreign names have been ordered to adopt Nepali names by the end of the year to promote national identity.

The reforms also include removing the citizenship certificate requirement for undergraduate admissions and decentralizing teachers’ pension and record management to provincial education ministries from the next fiscal year.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Nepal bans student politics and launches 100-point education reform plan

Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency reported that the United States and Israel carried out an airstrike on a university in Isfahan. The attack targeted the Isfahan University of Technology around midday on Saturday. The report described the strike as “severe,” but no information was provided about casualties or damage.

The incident followed an earlier attack the same day on the Iran University of Science and Technology in Tehran, which was also attributed to US and Israeli forces. The sequence of strikes marks a continuation of military actions targeting Iranian academic institutions, according to the reports cited.

No official statements or details on the extent of the damage were available at the time of reporting, and the broader implications of the attacks remain unclear.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

US and Israel reportedly strike Isfahan university after earlier Tehran attack

The upazila administration has officially ended the rescue operation following the bus sinking in the Padma River at Daulatdia ferry terminal in Rajbari. The announcement was made on Sunday night by Goaland Upazila Nirbahi Officer Sathi Das, who confirmed that no one remains missing. The incident occurred on March 25 when a bus from Kushtia to Dhaka lost control while boarding a ferry and plunged into the river, resulting in 26 deaths.

Among the deceased, 18 were residents of Rajbari district. Each of their families has received a one-time government assistance of 25,000 taka under the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief. Injured passengers are being provided 15,000 taka for medical treatment. All 26 bodies were handed over to their families without autopsy.

Officials stated that the rescue operation could resume if new information emerges, but for now, the search has been concluded as no further missing persons have been reported.

30 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Rescue ends after Padma River bus tragedy in Rajbari; 26 dead, aid given to families


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.