Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

A Rohingya teenager was seriously injured when a landmine, allegedly planted by Myanmar’s armed rebel group Arakan Army, exploded near the Balukhali border in Ukhiya upazila of Cox’s Bazar on Sunday, March 29, 2026. The incident occurred around 1 p.m. along the zero line of the Naf River. The victim, 15-year-old Abdul Hakim, is the son of Mohammad Ibrahim, a resident of Block A in Camp 19 of the Ukhiya Rohingya refugee settlement. Locals rescued him and took him for urgent medical treatment after the blast severed his leg.

According to Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) officials, the explosion happened when Hakim was returning to shore after fishing in the Naf River. The blast caused severe injuries, including the amputation of his right ankle. BGB’s Ukhiya Battalion 64 commander stated that such mines are planted inside Myanmar territory and pose a serious risk to people near the border.

Frequent landmine explosions in the border area have created widespread fear among local residents, who are urging authorities to identify dangerous zones and strengthen security measures.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Rohingya boy loses leg in Arakan Army landmine blast near Ukhiya border

The Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE) has issued 11 urgent directives to ensure that the 2026 Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and equivalent examinations are conducted smoothly, fairly, and without malpractice. The instructions, sent on March 28, 2026, to all exam center secretaries and field officials, emphasize strict compliance. Authorities warned that any negligence leading to unwanted incidents would result in legal action against responsible individuals.

According to the DSHE, the directives were based on decisions made in a Ministry of Education meeting. The nationwide SSC examinations are scheduled to begin on April 21, 2026. The government has adopted a zero-tolerance policy toward irregularities during the exams. The measures include mandatory installation and operation of CCTV cameras in all exam rooms, proper video storage, deployment of adequate security personnel, prohibition of mobile phone use by teachers and students, and body searches of examinees to prevent cheating.

The DSHE also instructed that exam centers maintain cleanliness, adequate lighting, and display special notices for students and guardians at main gates to promote a disciplined and transparent exam environment.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh education authority issues 11 directives for fair, cheat-free 2026 SSC exams

Bangladesh’s Health Minister Sardar Shakhawat Hossain Bakul has said that measles vaccines have not been administered in the country for the past eight years. He made the statement amid a rise in measles cases, announcing that the government has allocated 6.04 billion taka to purchase new vaccines. The minister spoke to reporters on Sunday at the inauguration of the International Pharmaceutical Industry Fair at the Bangladesh-China Friendship Conference Center.

According to the minister, the last government-administered measles vaccination took place eight years ago, and since then no new doses were provided. He said the purchase committee has approved the allocation, and vaccines will be collected and distributed in due time. Measles cases have recently increased, with infections detected in Rohingya camps in Cox’s Bazar in early January and later spreading to slum areas in Dhaka.

Following reports of child deaths due to lack of ICU space at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital, the government received five donated ventilators. The minister added that more than 12 additional ventilators will soon be supplied to support the Health and Family Welfare Ministry’s efforts against the outbreak.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh allocates 6.04 billion taka for measles vaccines after eight-year gap

Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has been deployed at three oil depots in Srimangal, Moulvibazar, to prevent illegal fuel hoarding, maintain discipline in distribution, and ensure uninterrupted supply. Since March 25, two BGB platoons have been stationed at the Padma, Meghna, and Jamuna depots. On March 29, the depots were inspected by Lieutenant Colonel Sarkar Asif Mahmud, Commanding Officer of Srimangal 46 Battalion BGB.

According to officials, the deployment aims to counter attempts by certain groups to stockpile fuel amid global market instability. BGB members are conducting strict checks at entry points, verifying vehicle documents, and monitoring tanker loading operations. Depot authorities reported minor supply delays but said security has improved significantly since the deployment.

The Srimangal Upazila administration has also held a coordination meeting with depot owners, pump owners, BGB, and law enforcement agencies to maintain smooth fuel distribution across the region.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

BGB deployed at Srimangal oil depots to prevent hoarding and stabilize fuel supply

Chief Prosecutor of the International Crimes Tribunal, Md. Aminul Islam, stated on Sunday, March 29, 2026, that no one involved in crimes or abuse of power during the One-Eleven period will be exempted, regardless of their influence. He mentioned that two officials, Masud Uddin Chowdhury and Mamun Khaled, have already been arrested and are in police custody in other cases. Their past activities, he said, fall under the tribunal’s jurisdiction as crimes against humanity.

Islam added that the accused misused power and were involved in inhumane acts such as creating secret detention sites like “Aynaghar,” where people were allegedly tortured, killed, or disappeared. He emphasized that all allegations cannot yet be disclosed for the sake of investigation but confirmed that numerous complaints have been received. He also discussed the Abu Sayeed case, noting that judgment is scheduled for the 9th and that investigations into related incidents are ongoing.

The Chief Prosecutor affirmed that anyone found involved in crimes from the One-Eleven period to the previous government will face trial, and no indemnity will obstruct the tribunal’s work.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Chief Prosecutor says no impunity for One-Eleven offenders under tribunal investigation

Police have arrested Faisal Matubbar, a banned Chhatra League leader, for his involvement in an attack on the anti-discrimination student movement in Madaripur. The arrest took place on Sunday, March 29, 2026, in his home area of Ghatokchar under Kendua Union. Faisal faces multiple cases, including charges related to the killings of Roman Bepari and Tawhid Sannamat, obstruction of police duties, and violations of the Anti-Terrorism Act. He was previously arrested but resumed violent activities after being released on bail.

According to police, Faisal was sent to jail through the Madaripur court following his arrest. He was shown arrested in an anti-terrorism case and other pending cases without bail. Faisal, son of Zainal Matubbar, was previously associated with the Chhatra League and linked to activities under former Awami League minister Shajahan Khan’s faction. Videos of his armed attacks on students during the 2024 anti-discrimination protests in Mostafapur and near the Youth Development office had circulated widely on social media.

Authorities confirmed that Faisal remains an accused in multiple ongoing cases under the Anti-Terrorism Act.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Police arrest banned Chhatra League leader Faisal Matubbar over anti-discrimination protest attack

A police officer in Jhenaidah’s Kaliganj upazila has been closed to the police lines following allegations of assault and misconduct against motorcyclists at a local filling station. The incident occurred around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday at Ayesha Filling Station in Kaliganj town, where Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Abdullah Al Mamun was accused of beating several bikers with a baton, verbally abusing them, and damaging motorcycles. A video of the incident, recorded by journalists at the scene, later went viral on social media, prompting widespread criticism.

Following the viral video, senior officials of Jhenaidah district police ordered ASI Mamun’s removal to the police lines on Saturday evening. Local residents claimed he had faced similar misconduct allegations before. ASI Mamun denied the accusations, saying he was only maintaining order and that a biker accidentally ran over his foot, after which he pushed the person away. Kaliganj Police Station Officer-in-Charge Jellal Hossain confirmed the transfer but said it was unclear whether the decision was due to the video or other administrative reasons.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

ASI removed after alleged assault on bikers at Kaliganj filling station

The European Union’s naval mission in the Red Sea has issued a warning regarding commercial shipping amid reports of increased Iranian support for the Houthis. According to Al Jazeera, the EU operation, known as Operation Aspides, announced through multiple online posts that it is closely monitoring the situation and has released updated guidance for the shipping sector.

The mission urged commercial vessels to register for safe passage and to seek assistance through maritime security channels. Operation Aspides confirmed that its naval assets remain deployed in the area and are maintaining a high state of alert to ensure the safety of commercial navigation and uphold freedom of maritime movement.

The warning comes as tensions in the region rise, with the EU emphasizing its commitment to protecting international shipping routes in the Red Sea.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

EU warns ships in Red Sea as Operation Aspides monitors rising tensions

A violent armed attack took place at a businessman’s residence in Palongkhali Union of Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar, late Sunday night after he allegedly refused to pay Tk 2 million in extortion money. During the assault, the attackers attempted to abduct the homeowner, Abdur Rashid Saudagar, and his two sons. Villagers intervened, prompting the assailants to fire indiscriminately before fleeing. At least five people, including a woman, were injured, and one victim, Abdul Majid, was hospitalized with serious stab wounds.

According to the victim, the attack was led by Syedul Bashar from the same union’s Ward 9, who had earlier demanded the extortion money before Eid. Local witnesses said the sound of gunfire caused panic across the area. Palongkhali Union Parishad Chairman Gafur Uddin Chowdhury described the incident as highly alarming and urged swift administrative action to maintain law and order.

Ukhiya Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mujibur Rahman confirmed that police visited the scene and said legal action would follow upon receiving a written complaint.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Five injured in Ukhiya attack over Tk 2 million extortion demand

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Defense announced that it intercepted ten drones over the past several hours. The ministry shared the information through social media, confirming that the attacks targeted the kingdom and were successfully countered.

According to the report, other Gulf nations, including the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait, also reported being attacked overnight. A BBC correspondent based in Dubai stated that the region had faced repeated assaults within the last 24 hours, affecting several key infrastructures.

The incidents highlight a wave of coordinated drone activity across the Gulf region, though the source did not specify who was responsible or the extent of the damage.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Saudi Arabia says it intercepted ten drones amid wider Gulf region attacks

At least five Middle Eastern countries have faced major attacks on critical infrastructure over the past 24 hours, with Iran being blamed for the assaults. The United Arab Emirates was hit hardest, as Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA), one of the world’s largest aluminum producers based in Abu Dhabi, reported a severe strike on its main facility that caused extensive damage and left several workers injured.

Around the same time, Aluminium Bahrain, another leading global aluminum producer, also suffered significant damage in a separate attack. Kuwait was additionally targeted, with its international airport’s radar system heavily damaged, raising concerns about potential disruptions to air traffic.

The series of coordinated attacks has heightened fears of economic and security instability across the region, as vital industrial and transport infrastructure faces mounting risks.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran-linked attacks hit major aluminum plants in UAE and Bahrain, damaging key infrastructure

Bangladesh’s Minister for Road Transport, Railways, and Shipping, Sheikh Robiul Alam, has issued strict instructions to enhance safety in ferry operations. Speaking to reporters on Sunday, March 29, 2026, after a high-level meeting at the Secretariat, he announced that from now on, all passengers must disembark from buses before they are loaded onto ferries. No bus carrying passengers will be allowed to board under any circumstances.

The minister also stated that installing railings on ferries will be made mandatory to ensure adequate safety. He explained that accidents often occur when vehicles board or leave ferries or when ferries are hit by waves, and such risks can be reduced through railing installations. Sheikh Robiul Alam emphasized the government’s responsibility to protect lives and said the new rule would be strictly enforced.

Senior officials from relevant ministries and law enforcement agencies attended the meeting. According to ministry sources, the directive is expected to strengthen public safety at ferry terminals across the country.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh minister orders all passengers off buses before boarding ferries for safety

Iran’s Parliament Speaker Bagher Ghalibaf has accused foreign adversaries of secretly planning a ground assault while publicly signaling interest in dialogue. His remarks came in a message marking one month since the start of the ongoing war, as reported by Iran’s state news agency IRNA and other local media outlets.

Ghalibaf stated that the United States is presenting a 15-point list outlining its demands, attempting to achieve through negotiation what it failed to secure in battle. He added that Iranian forces are prepared for any U.S. ground operation and ready to respond with artillery fire. Addressing the issue of surrender, Ghalibaf emphasized in Arabic that Iran’s stance is clear and that humiliation will not be accepted.

The comments come amid continuing regional tensions, with reports of heavy casualties in Iran from U.S.-Israeli attacks and diplomatic efforts by Pakistan to mediate between Washington and Tehran.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran’s speaker warns of secret ground attack plots amid calls for dialogue

Iran’s Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), one of the country’s leading academic institutions located in Tehran, was heavily damaged in airstrikes carried out by the United States and Israel. The incident occurred amid ongoing regional tensions, with reports confirming extensive destruction across the university campus.

Following the attack, several videos circulated on social media showing widespread devastation. The footage depicted collapsed structures, flames, and thick smoke rising from multiple university buildings, indicating severe structural damage. The reports were sourced from Al Jazeera and Reuters, which confirmed the scale of the destruction.

The extent of casualties or further details about the attack’s timing and immediate response were not specified in the available reports.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

US and Israeli airstrikes cause severe damage to Tehran’s Iran University of Science and Technology

Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Secretary General and former MP Mia Golam Porwar on Sunday issued a statement expressing deep concern and strong condemnation over remarks made by West Bengal BJP president Shamik Bhattacharya. The BJP leader reportedly suggested integrating Bangladesh’s Khulna and Jessore regions with India’s West Bengal, which Porwar described as a provocative and unacceptable statement against Bangladesh’s territorial integrity.

In his statement, Porwar said such comments undermine international norms and friendly neighborly relations, calling them a blatant display of extremist mentality and a serious threat to Bangladesh’s independence and sovereignty. He also alleged that India’s ongoing military activities near the border, satellite surveillance, and religious provocations pose grave challenges to Bangladesh’s sovereignty and regional security, creating fear and unrest among border residents.

Porwar urged Indian leaders to respect international law and Bangladesh’s sovereignty, demanded an apology and withdrawal of the remarks, and called on the Bangladesh government to respond firmly through diplomatic and legal means to safeguard national independence and regional stability.

29 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Jamaat leader condemns BJP West Bengal chief’s remarks on integrating Khulna and Jessore


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.