Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

An explosion occurred near the Pakistan Embassy and the ambassador’s residence in Tehran on Thursday night, according to diplomatic sources cited by Geo News. The incident took place around 8 p.m. in the Pasdaran area, causing alarm but no casualties or damage to embassy property. All Pakistani diplomats were reported safe following the blast.

The explosion happened as Islamabad, Turkey, and Egypt were engaged in diplomatic efforts to secure a ceasefire between the United States and Iran. A senior diplomat said the blast was loud but did not break any windows, adding that embassy staff remain concerned due to the tense situation. Sources suggested that an Iranian military base opposite the embassy might have been the intended target.

Despite the risks, Pakistani diplomats continue to perform their duties. No injuries or structural damage have been reported so far.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Explosion near Pakistan Embassy in Tehran leaves diplomats safe but heightens regional tension

The Central Board of Film Certification in India has blocked the screening of the Tunisian film 'The Voyage of Hind Rajab', which was nominated for Best International Feature at this year’s Oscars. The Guardian reported that the board cited 'political sensitivity' as the reason for withholding clearance. The film’s Indian distributor, Manoj Nandwana of Joy Bhiratra Entertainment, said he submitted the film for certification in February, planning a March 6 release before the Oscars. A board member reportedly warned that the film could strain India-Israel relations, a claim Nandwana rejected.

The film, directed by Kaouther Ben Hania, is based on the real-life story of five-year-old Palestinian girl Hind Rajab, who died during an Israeli attack in Gaza in 2024. It premiered at the Venice Film Festival, receiving a 20-minute standing ovation and winning the Silver Lion award. The film has already been released in several Western countries with close ties to Israel.

The decision has sparked strong reactions in India. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor criticized the move on social media, calling it 'shameful' and an attack on freedom of expression. Analysts suggested the decision may reflect India’s growing diplomatic alignment with Israel under Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The censor board has not issued an official statement.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

India halts screening of Oscar-nominated Tunisian film on Palestinian child over political sensitivity

Former interim government adviser Mostofa Sarwar Farooki responded on Friday, March 27, 2026, to a media report that claimed he was under a travel ban. The report, published on Thursday, was later withdrawn, but its photo card spread widely on Facebook, sparking public discussion. Farooki addressed the issue through a post on his verified Facebook account.

In his post, Farooki accused certain newspapers of destroying journalistic integrity and spreading false propaganda against him. He questioned whether such actions represented press freedom and urged journalist leaders to take responsibility, warning that public trust in the media was collapsing. He described the situation as a wake-up call for the journalist community.

Farooki further stated that coordinated false propaganda from sympathizers of a fallen fascist regime proved to him that he had been doing his work properly.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Farooki rejects false travel ban report, urges journalists to restore public trust

The strategic Strait of Hormuz has remained effectively closed for nearly four weeks, causing turmoil in global oil markets with no clear sign of resolution. Iranian threats and attacks on ships in the Gulf have made navigation so risky that almost all traffic through the narrow waterway has stopped. The strait is a vital route for about 20 percent of the world’s oil and natural gas supply, as well as a key channel for fertilizer shipments essential to global food production.

As the energy crisis deepens, U.S. President Donald Trump has announced diplomatic efforts to lift the blockade while deploying thousands of additional troops to the Middle East. He is also considering U.S. naval escorts for oil tankers. However, Iran remains in a strong position due to its unconventional warfare tactics, including the use of cheap drones and sea mines, and its advantageous geography.

Iranian officials have stated they will continue charging fees for the safe passage of some tankers. A report from Lloyd’s List Intelligence indicated that at least two ships have already paid large sums to transit the strait.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran’s control of Hormuz Strait disrupts oil trade and pressures U.S. strategy

A severe fuel shortage has disrupted transportation in the hill district of Bandarban, part of a nationwide energy crisis. On Friday morning, local Member of Parliament Saching Prue Jerry personally visited a fuel station to oversee the orderly distribution of fuel to tourists and residents. The MP ensured that stranded vehicles and essential service transports received priority fuel supply.

For several days, fuel stations in Bandarban had been facing shortages, causing long queues and leaving many tourist vehicles stuck mid-journey. The situation worsened during the peak tourist season, prompting the MP to intervene directly. He spent hours at the station supervising the process to prevent artificial scarcity and to ensure visitors did not leave with negative experiences.

Jerry stated that alleviating public suffering was his main responsibility and emphasized that no one should create an artificial crisis in the district.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bandarban MP oversees fuel supply to ease transport crisis amid national energy shortage

Italy kept their World Cup dream alive by defeating Northern Ireland 2–0 in the European playoff semifinal at Stadio di Bergamo. Goals from Sandro Tonali in the 56th minute and Moise Kean in the 74th minute secured the win for the four-time world champions. With this result, Italy advanced to the playoff final, where they will face Bosnia and Herzegovina, who beat Wales 4–2 in a penalty shootout after a 1–1 draw.

In another crucial playoff match, Sweden overcame Ukraine 3–1 thanks to a hat-trick from Viktor Gyökeres. The striker scored in the 6th, 51st, and 73rd minutes, including a penalty, while Ukraine’s Matvii Pomarnyko netted a late consolation goal. Sweden will now face Poland, who defeated Albania 2–1, in the playoff final on April 1 in Stockholm.

Elsewhere, Kosovo edged Slovakia 4–3 to reach the final against Turkey, while Denmark crushed North Macedonia 4–0 to set up a final clash with either the Czech Republic or the Republic of Ireland.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Italy and Sweden advance to World Cup playoff finals after key European qualifier wins

Prime Minister Tarique Rahman stated that Shaheed Ziaur Rahman’s role in Bangladesh’s Liberation War remains unparalleled and cannot be concealed. He made the remarks on Friday at a discussion organized by the BNP at the Engineers Institution auditorium in Dhaka, marking the country’s Independence and National Day. Tarique Rahman said that Ziaur Rahman and his contributions to the nation had been undermined in various ways in the past. He referred to Zia’s 1972 essay titled ‘The Liberation of a Nation,’ published shortly after the war, noting that no freedom fighter had objected to its content at the time.

He emphasized that this acceptance demonstrated Ziaur Rahman’s unique place in the Liberation War. Tarique Rahman also cautioned against excessive focus on the past, saying that dwelling too much on history can hinder the future, while forgetting it entirely blinds a nation. He urged that discussions and research should not diminish the history of the Liberation War.

The Prime Minister concluded by highlighting that despite limited resources, a self-reliant Bangladesh could be achieved through unity and collective effort.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Tarique Rahman calls Ziaur Rahman an unparalleled Liberation War figure at BNP Independence Day event

Eighteen people were killed and ten others injured in an attack on a residential area in Qom city, Iran, on the night before March 27, 2026. The incident occurred in the Pardisan neighborhood, according to reports from Iran’s Fars News Agency and Tasnim. Initial reports mentioned six deaths, which were later updated to eighteen. The Iranian Red Crescent Society confirmed that rescue operations had been carried out for the victims.

According to the Iranian Red Crescent, the death toll from U.S.–Israeli attacks that began on February 28 has surpassed 1,900, with at least 20,000 Iranians reported killed. The latest attack adds to the ongoing violence affecting multiple regions in Iran. The information was reported by Al Jazeera.

The situation underscores the continuing escalation of hostilities in the region, with Iranian authorities reporting rising civilian casualties amid repeated strikes on residential areas.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Eighteen killed and ten injured in residential area attack in Iran’s Qom city

Home Minister and BNP Standing Committee member Salahuddin Ahmed stated that the events of 1971 will never align with any other part of Bangladesh’s history. He made the remarks on Friday afternoon at a BNP discussion meeting held at the Engineers Institute auditorium in Ramna, Dhaka, marking Independence Day.

During his speech, Ahmed emphasized that no one should attempt to take away the victory or role of others, but that all must first honor 1971 and uphold the history of Bangladesh’s independence and liberation war. He added that while movements have overthrown autocratic governments, the state itself was achieved through the sacrifice of countless lives and must be protected from any future authoritarian resurgence.

Ahmed further stressed the need to continue democratic practices and foster a culture of dialogue and consensus in parliament to advance the state and preserve its sovereignty.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Salahuddin Ahmed says 1971 stands unmatched in Bangladesh’s history and urges democratic practice

President Md. Shahabuddin is scheduled to begin a four-day official visit to his home district Pabna on Saturday. According to a letter signed by his protocol officer Abul Kalam Md. Lutfur Rahman, the visit will start at 12:15 p.m. when the President departs from Bangabhaban for Tejgaon helipad and then flies by helicopter to Pabna Cadet College field. Upon arrival, he will receive a guard of honor at the Pabna Circuit House and stay overnight there.

On Sunday morning, the President will visit the graves of his parents at Arifpur central cemetery and later meet local journalists at the Pabna Press Club in the evening. On Monday, he will visit the Bhabanipur Mosque in Pabna Sadar and spend the evening at his residence in the Jubilee Tank area. On Tuesday morning, he will again receive a guard of honor at the Circuit House before returning to Dhaka by helicopter.

The city’s main roads and landmarks are being decorated, and strict security measures have been implemented. This marks the President’s first visit to Pabna since the formation of the new government.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

President Shahabuddin begins four-day official visit to Pabna with tight security preparations

BNP Secretary General and Local Government Minister Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir has said that anti-liberation forces are re-emerging 55 years after Bangladesh’s independence. He alleged that those who collaborated with Pakistani forces and were involved in crimes against women during the Liberation War are now engaged in new conspiracies. He urged everyone to remain vigilant against such activities.

He made these remarks on Friday afternoon at a discussion meeting organized by the BNP at the Engineers Institution auditorium in Dhaka, marking the Great Independence and National Day. Mirza Fakhrul stated that the BNP has fought for 18 years without bowing down and continues its struggle. He added that the Prime Minister envisions building a new Bangladesh, and under her leadership, that dream will be realized.

The event was part of BNP’s observance of Independence Day, emphasizing the party’s continued political stance and call for national unity against divisive forces.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Mirza Fakhrul warns of anti-liberation forces re-emerging after 55 years of independence

Prime Minister Tarique Rahman stated that a self-reliant Bangladesh can be achieved if all citizens work together in unity. He made the remarks on Friday afternoon at a discussion meeting organized by the BNP at the Engineers Institution auditorium in Dhaka, marking the occasion of the Great Independence and National Day. The Prime Minister emphasized that no discussion, criticism, or research should undermine the history of the Liberation War.

He acknowledged that while aspirations are limitless, resources remain limited, and therefore collective effort is essential for national self-reliance. Earlier in the event, Local Government Minister Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir highlighted the BNP’s long struggle over the past 18 years and expressed optimism about building a new Bangladesh under the Prime Minister’s leadership. He also warned that anti-liberation forces, who once collaborated with Pakistani invaders, are again becoming active and urged everyone to remain vigilant.

The event underscored themes of unity, vigilance, and national reconstruction as Bangladesh marked its 55th year of independence.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Tarique Rahman calls for unity to build a self-reliant Bangladesh on Independence Day

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has issued a new warning urging people to leave areas near US military bases in the Middle East. The statement, released through the IRGC-linked Fars News Agency, accused the United States and Israel of using civilian zones and innocent people as human shields. It also alleged that the United States was responsible for killing civilians and Iranian officials.

According to the report, the IRGC has made several similar warnings since the start of the ongoing conflict. On March 14, it had previously advised residents living near US industrial facilities in the region to evacuate. However, in this latest warning, the IRGC did not specify any particular location.

The renewed alert comes amid escalating tensions and continued hostilities in the region, with Iran, Israel, and the United States all involved in the broader conflict dynamics.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran’s IRGC warns civilians to leave areas near US bases amid rising regional tensions

U.S. President Donald Trump claimed that Iran has allowed ten oil tankers linked to the United States to pass through the Strait of Hormuz this week. He made the statement on Thursday during a cabinet meeting, describing the move as a gift from Tehran to Washington. According to Trump, the tankers were sailing under Pakistan’s flag.

Iran stated that it is sincere about pursuing dialogue and that the decision to permit the passage of eight large oil tankers through the strategic waterway demonstrates this intent. Later, two additional Pakistan-flagged vessels were also allowed to pass, bringing the total to ten. The Iranian side framed the move as part of its effort to show goodwill in ongoing diplomatic contexts.

The development comes amid broader regional tensions, though the source did not specify any immediate diplomatic or economic consequences following the tankers’ passage.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran permits ten U.S.-linked oil tankers to cross Strait of Hormuz, Trump says

The Bangladesh Navy has issued a recruitment notice for its 2026 batch, inviting applications for 450 positions across various sailor and MODC (Navy) categories. According to the announcement, the posts include DE or UC (Seaman, Communication, and Technical), Medical, Regulating, Writer, Store, MODC (Navy), Cook, Steward, and Topas. The application process began on March 18 and will continue until April 20.

The distribution of vacancies includes 300 for DE or UC (Seaman, Communication, and Technical), 18 for Medical, 15 for Regulating, 18 for Writer, 16 for Store, 8 for MODC (Navy), 35 for Cook, 20 for Steward, and 20 for Topas. Applicants must not have any criminal record, pending court cases, or dual citizenship, and cannot have been dismissed from the armed forces or government service.

Interested candidates must apply online through the official website www.joinnavy.navy.mil.bd. After verifying eligibility, applicants must pay a 300 taka examination fee via bank or mobile banking before completing and submitting the online form. The printed ‘Sailor 1’ form must be brought on the examination day.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh Navy opens 450 sailor and MODC positions for 2026 batch applications


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.