The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
A devastating fire broke out at Boalkhali Market in Dighinala upazila of Khagrachhari district early Friday, March 26, around 3 a.m., destroying at least 35 shops. According to local sources, the blaze started suddenly in one shop and quickly spread to nearby stores, causing panic among traders and residents.
Multiple fire service units responded promptly, joined by army personnel from the Dighinala zone and local residents, to bring the fire under control after several hours of effort. Despite their work, the fire completely gutted dozens of shops. Business owners reported losing all their goods, with initial estimates suggesting damages worth four to five crore taka.
Fire Service Station Officer Mukul Kumar Nath said the fire was brought under control shortly after 3:10 a.m. The exact cause remains unknown, though an electrical short circuit is suspected. Authorities are conducting an investigation to determine the source of the blaze.
Massive fire razes 35 shops in Dighinala’s Boalkhali Market, losses reach several crores
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky met Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Jeddah, according to the Saudi Press Agency. During the meeting, the two leaders discussed regional and international developments, reviewed bilateral relations, and exchanged views on the latest situation surrounding the Ukraine crisis.
The discussion also covered ongoing military tensions across the Middle East. The meeting comes after Zelensky had earlier announced the deployment of hundreds of Ukrainian military drone specialists to the Gulf region to assist in countering Iranian drones.
The engagement highlights Saudi Arabia’s continued diplomatic outreach amid regional instability and Ukraine’s efforts to strengthen international cooperation on security matters.
Zelensky meets Saudi Crown Prince in Jeddah to discuss Ukraine crisis and regional tensions
Global oil prices declined following US President Donald Trump’s announcement to delay a planned strike on Iranian energy facilities by ten days. The decision was made public on Friday, after which both Brent crude and West Texas Intermediate (WTI) showed downward trends in international markets. As of 2:30 a.m. GMT, Brent crude dropped 1.5 percent to 93.07 dollars per barrel, while WTI fell 1.8 percent to 106.12 dollars per barrel.
Market analysts noted that the postponement provided temporary relief but warned that concerns over a prolonged conflict continued to unsettle the oil market. The overall sentiment remained cautious, with traders monitoring geopolitical developments closely.
The short-term decline in prices reflected immediate market reactions to reduced expectations of imminent military escalation, though analysts suggested that volatility could persist amid ongoing regional tensions.
Oil prices drop after Trump delays US strike on Iranian energy sites by ten days
At least six people were injured when two rival groups of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) clashed in Sandwip, Chattogram, on Thursday afternoon. The violence occurred at the party office in Chhullar Hat area of Ward 3 under Magdhara Union, reportedly over disputes concerning local dominance and conflicting Facebook posts. Police later brought the situation under control, and the injured were admitted to the upazila health complex.
According to local sources, the clash erupted during a mediation meeting aimed at resolving a long-standing dispute between BNP member Solaiman Badsha and upazila Mohila Dal president Kulsum Begum Khelna. Senior BNP leaders, including upazila BNP member secretary Alomgir Hossain Thakur, were present but left the scene as tensions escalated. Furniture at the party office was also damaged during the altercation.
Police said the situation is now calm, with both sides preparing to file complaints. Additional police have been deployed in the area to prevent further unrest, and legal action will follow after investigation.
Six injured in BNP factional clash in Sandwip over dominance and Facebook dispute
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) of Bangladesh has found major discrepancies in journalist Munni Saha’s fixed deposit accounts and summoned her for questioning. According to the report, she was interrogated on July 30, 2024, after investigators detected inconsistencies involving about Tk 12 crore in her fixed deposits. The ACC also revealed that Tk 120 crore was withdrawn from one of her accounts after August 5, 2024, following the fall of Sheikh Hasina’s government. The Financial Intelligence Unit has frozen her accounts over alleged irregular transactions.
The ACC reported that Saha’s total assets amount to Tk 13.81 crore, while her declared income stands at Tk 3.24 crore. Her husband, Kabir Hossain, reportedly holds Tk 16.67 crore in assets against an income of Tk 8.17 crore. Investigators allege that Saha earned money through illegal means and attempted to transfer it abroad, violating the Money Laundering Prevention Act of 2012. She has not provided satisfactory explanations for the discrepancies and requested more time.
An ACC commissioner stated that the investigation is expected to conclude within a month despite reported lobbying efforts to halt the probe.
Bangladesh ACC investigates journalist Munni Saha over Tk 120 crore withdrawal and undeclared assets
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned that the ongoing war against Iran is pushing the Middle East toward greater instability. Speaking at a ruling party meeting in Ankara on Thursday, he accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of spreading conflict throughout the region. Erdogan described the current war as one of the most painful chapters in the region’s recent history.
Highlighting the rising civilian casualties, Erdogan said the war against Iran is drowning the region in blood and gunpowder, with even innocent children becoming targets. He emphasized the humanitarian cost of the conflict and referred to it as Israel’s war, claiming that all of humanity is paying the price.
Erdogan added that during these difficult times, Turkey will stand beside its brotherly nations, signaling continued solidarity amid the regional turmoil.
Erdogan blames Netanyahu for spreading Middle East conflict amid Iran war
The United States Postal Service (USPS) announced on Wednesday that it will increase prices by up to 8 percent for several retail and commercial services, citing higher transportation costs caused by rising global fuel prices linked to the Iran war. The new rates, pending approval from the Postal Regulatory Commission, will take effect on April 26 and remain in place until January 17, 2027. The price hike will apply to Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, USPS Ground Advantage, and Parcel Select services.
USPS stated that transportation expenses have risen and that competitors have also imposed various surcharges. Earlier, delivery company UPS introduced a fuel surcharge on March 2, while FedEx continues to adjust its fuel surcharges based on gasoline prices in the United States. According to the motor club AAA, the average price of regular gasoline in the US has increased by 33.6 percent since the war began on February 28, while diesel prices have risen by 43 percent. Jet fuel prices have also climbed significantly since the conflict between the United States, Israel, and Iran began.
The USPS adjustment reflects broader cost pressures across the logistics sector as energy markets react to the ongoing conflict.
USPS to raise rates up to 8% as Iran war drives fuel and transport costs higher
US President Donald Trump has proposed peace talks with Iran while the Pentagon is considering deploying up to 10,000 additional troops to the Middle East. The Wall Street Journal reported the plan, citing officials familiar with Pentagon discussions. The potential deployment would include infantry forces and armored vehicles as part of expanded military options for Trump.
According to the report, Washington has already ordered about 5,000 Marines from the 82nd Airborne Division and around 2,000 paratroopers to the region. The new consideration would add another 10,000 troops to that force. The move reflects ongoing US military planning amid tensions involving Iran.
The report also noted that the proposal for peace talks and the possible troop increase are being discussed simultaneously, indicating a dual-track approach of diplomacy and military preparedness.
Trump weighs sending 10,000 more US troops to Middle East amid Iran peace offer
Bangladesh’s aviation sector is facing severe pressure after the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) raised jet fuel prices twice in March 2026, increasing the domestic rate from 112.41 to 202.29 taka per liter and the international rate from 0.7384 to 1.3216 dollars per liter. The 80 percent rise within just 16 days has forced private airlines to raise fares by up to 1,200 taka on domestic routes and more on international ones. Airlines warn that several routes may be suspended due to declining passenger demand and rising operational costs.
Industry representatives, including the Aviation Operators Association of Bangladesh, have criticized the price hike as unjustified, noting that Bangladesh’s jet fuel prices are now far higher than in neighboring countries. They argue that there is no supply shortage, as 25 oil tankers arrived recently with fuel purchased at previous rates. Experts warn that the sudden increase will strain airline finances, reduce passenger growth, and disrupt operational stability.
The higher fuel costs are also expected to affect cargo transport and overall economic activity, particularly for smaller and newer airlines struggling to manage expenses.
Jet fuel price hike pushes Bangladesh airlines toward financial and operational crisis
India faces severe economic and humanitarian risks from the ongoing Iran war and the prolonged blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, despite not being directly involved in the conflict. The strait handles about one-third of global seaborne oil exports, and India, the world’s third-largest oil importer, relies on it for around 2.5 million barrels of crude oil daily. The disruption has already raised global fertilizer prices and threatens India’s agricultural production and food supply.
Nearly 90 percent of India’s crude oil demand is imported, and about half of its annual 9 million tons of urea comes from the Middle East, mainly Oman and Saudi Arabia. The closure of Hormuz has also disrupted liquefied natural gas shipments from Qatar, affecting domestic fertilizer production. Rising fertilizer costs have pushed government subsidies to record levels, while reduced fertilizer use could lower crop yields and increase food prices, potentially driving millions into poverty.
If the conflict continues, India’s GDP growth could fall from 7 to 6 percent, with inflation and current account deficits worsening. Analysts say the crisis exposes India’s dependence on fragile supply chains and underscores the need for long-term food security reforms.
Iran war and Hormuz blockade expose India’s energy and food security vulnerabilities
Bangladesh’s national football team lost 3-0 to higher-ranked Vietnam in an away match, but head coach Javier Cabrera expressed optimism about his team’s performance. Speaking at the post-match press conference on March 27, 2026, Cabrera said Bangladesh were close to their opponents in overall play, identifying finishing as the main difference. He noted that Bangladesh created scoring chances but failed to convert them, while Vietnam capitalized on their opportunities.
Cabrera highlighted that the team followed its tactical plan, including high pressing, defensive blocks, and build-up play. Despite conceding three goals in the first half, he praised the second-half performance as positive. The coach emphasized that mistakes against teams of Vietnam’s caliber are costly, pointing out that two goals came from set pieces and the third could have been avoided.
Looking ahead, Cabrera described the match as a valuable test before Bangladesh’s upcoming Asian Cup qualifier against Singapore on March 31. He said the team would focus on using the positive aspects from this match to prepare for that crucial fixture.
Bangladesh coach Cabrera sees positives despite 3-0 loss to Vietnam
France defeated Brazil 2-1 in an international football match held in Foxborough, Boston, on March 27, 2026. Despite being reduced to ten men after Dayot Upamecano was sent off in the 55th minute following a VAR review, Didier Deschamps’ team held on for victory. Kylian Mbappé opened the scoring in the 32nd minute after a precise pass from Ousmane Dembélé, while Hugo Ekitike doubled the lead in the 65th minute from a Michael Olise through pass. Brazil’s Bremer pulled one back in the 78th minute from a Casemiro setup but could not find an equalizer.
Brazil started the match strongly and enjoyed crowd support in Boston but failed to capitalize on early chances, including one from Raphinha. France gradually took control of the game before halftime and maintained composure even after going a man down. The win brought Mbappé’s international goal tally to 56, placing him close to the top of France’s all-time scorers list.
The result highlighted France’s resilience and Brazil’s missed opportunities as both teams continue preparations for upcoming international fixtures.
France beat Brazil 2-1 in Boston despite playing with ten men
Argentina will play a friendly match against Mauritania as part of their preparations for the 2026 FIFA World Cup. The match is scheduled for Saturday at 5:15 a.m. Bangladesh time. Under coach Lionel Scaloni, the defending champions are focusing on fine-tuning their squad before the main tournament. Despite the friendly nature of the game, Argentina aims to demonstrate their dominance on the field.
According to the FIFA rankings, Argentina holds the second position, while Mauritania stands at 115th, highlighting a significant gap in strength. Scaloni’s team has shown remarkable consistency, winning 24 of their 30 matches since he took charge in 2018. Argentina last lost a friendly in March 2019 against Venezuela and has since remained unbeaten in 23 consecutive friendlies, including 15 straight wins. Their most recent victory came against Angola on November 14, 2025.
For this match, Scaloni will be without two injured players. Nahuel Molina replaces Gonzalo Montiel, and Lucas Martínez Quarta returns to the squad in place of Leonardo Balerdi. Despite these changes, Argentina is expected to field a balanced lineup.
Argentina to play Mauritania in friendly as part of 2026 World Cup preparations
Iran has formally responded to the 15-point proposal submitted by the United States, according to a report by Tasnim News Agency. The response was delivered through mediators on Wednesday night, and Tehran is now awaiting Washington’s reaction. In its reply, Iran outlined several key conditions, including the cessation of all aggressive actions such as targeted killings, concrete measures to prevent the resumption of war, and clear guarantees for compensation and rehabilitation.
Iran also emphasized that the end of hostilities must apply to all regional fronts and resistance groups involved in the conflict. It reaffirmed its sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz as a natural and legal right, insisting that this sovereignty be recognized as a guarantee for the implementation of commitments by the other side.
According to the source, these conditions represent a new stance by Iran, extending beyond the demands raised during the second round of nuclear talks held in Geneva.
Iran replies to US 15-point plan, sets new conditions on war and sovereignty
Israel’s Chief of Staff Eyal Zamir has warned that the country’s army could collapse due to severe manpower shortages as it fights simultaneous wars against Iran and Hezbollah. According to reports from Israeli media cited by Al Jazeera, Zamir issued the warning during a security cabinet meeting on Wednesday, where he presented ten warning signs about the army’s current condition.
Zamir expressed concern that the Israel Defense Forces might soon be unable to carry out regular duties if the situation continues. To address the crisis, he proposed new legislation to expand mandatory recruitment, extend reserve duty, and lengthen the duration of compulsory military service.
The warning comes as Israel remains engaged on multiple fronts, including joint operations with the United States against Iran and ongoing conflict with Hezbollah in Lebanon, straining its military resources and personnel capacity.
Israeli army chief warns manpower crisis could cripple forces amid wars with Iran and Hezbollah
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.