Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Pakistan has conveyed a United States ceasefire proposal to Iran, according to senior sources in Islamabad cited by Al Jazeera. Reporter Osama Bin Javaid confirmed that Pakistani officials presented a document from the Trump administration to Iranian representatives and are now awaiting a response. Reports also suggest that officials from the United States and Iran may hold a meeting in Islamabad within the next few days.

The development follows repeated claims by US President Donald Trump that discussions with Iran to end ongoing hostilities are underway. However, Iranian authorities have maintained that no such talks have taken place so far. The situation unfolds amid heightened regional tensions, including Israel’s claim of killing an IRGC naval commander and Iran’s assertion of striking an Israeli nuclear facility.

The ongoing conflict has already disrupted energy supplies, severely affecting daily life across Asia, according to the source report.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pakistan conveys US ceasefire proposal to Iran, awaits response amid regional tensions

A passenger bus of Souhardya Paribahan plunged into the Padma River at Daulatdia ferry terminal in Rajbari’s Goalanda upazila on Wednesday evening after losing control. The incident occurred around 5:15 p.m. when a small ferry named ‘Hasna Hena’ hit the pontoon, causing the bus to fall into the river. By 11 p.m., six hours after the accident, the rescue ship Hamza had not yet been able to retrieve the submerged vehicle.

Rajbari Superintendent of Police Mohammad Manjur Morshed said the bus had been located about 50 feet underwater, with ropes attached to one side and efforts underway to secure the other side before lifting it. He noted that bad weather was hampering the operation. Six to seven passengers reportedly swam to safety, while four others were rescued; two of them, all women, died at the hospital, one remains under treatment, and another left after primary care.

According to the terminal supervisor, the bus was traveling from Kumarkhali to Dhaka with about 50 passengers, including women and children. Additional diving units from Faridpur, Aricha, and Dhaka were dispatched to assist the ongoing rescue.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bus plunges into Padma River at Daulatdia; rescue efforts continue after six hours

Israel has claimed that more than 15,000 bombs have been dropped on Iran since the start of a joint US-Israel offensive. According to Al Jazeera, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz stated that the operation began on February 28 and that Israeli forces have now surpassed the use of 15,000 weapons. Katz said this figure is four times higher than during a 12-day conflict in June of the previous year.

During a joint briefing with Israel’s Chief of Staff Eyal Zamir, Katz added that new targets in Iran and Lebanon have been approved for further strikes. The statement underscores the scale and intensity of the ongoing military campaign against Iran.

The report also mentioned that the conflict has contributed to a fuel crisis affecting daily life across Asia, highlighting the broader regional impact of the Iran war.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Israel says over 15,000 bombs dropped on Iran since February joint offensive

Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami has expressed deep sorrow, grief, and concern over the tragic bus accident at the Daulatdia ferry terminal in Rajbari. In a statement sent to the media on Wednesday night, the party’s Secretary General, Mia Golam Porwar, conveyed condolences following the incident in which a passenger bus lost control and plunged into the Padma River around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the statement, four bodies have been recovered so far, while at least 45 people remain missing.

Porwar said the accident has deeply shaken the nation and described the anguish of the bereaved families as beyond words. He prayed for the departed souls, extended sympathy to the grieving families, and wished a speedy recovery for the injured. He urged authorities to conduct rescue operations swiftly using modern equipment and called for an impartial, high-level investigation to determine whether negligence or mismanagement contributed to the tragedy.

The Jamaat leader also demanded exemplary punishment for those responsible and adequate compensation and rehabilitation for the affected families, emphasizing the need for accountability to prevent such incidents in the future.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Jamaat-e-Islami mourns Daulatdia ferry bus tragedy, urges rescue and investigation

A Dhaka court has ordered the arrest of Bangladesh Chhatra League’s central publicity secretary Tariqul Islam Tarek in a case filed over the shooting of students during an anti-discrimination movement in Mirpur. The order was issued on Wednesday, March 25, 2026, by Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Aminul Islam Junaid following a petition from the investigating officer. Sub-inspector Md Riazul Islam of Kafrul Police Station presented the accused before the court. The prosecution confirmed that the court rejected Tarek’s bail plea and directed that he be sent to jail.

According to the case, during the anti-discrimination student movement in July 2024, Awami League and its affiliated organizations allegedly attacked and opened fire on protesting students in the Mirpur-10 area. Complainant Bashir Uddin was shot in the abdomen while passing near Shah Ali Plaza on July 19 and was later hospitalized at Kurmitola General Hospital. He filed the case at Kafrul Police Station on October 10, 2024.

The investigation officer stated that Tarek had previously been detained in another anti-terrorism case and that his arrest in this case was necessary for proper investigation and justice.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Court orders arrest of BCL leader Tariqul Islam Tarek in Mirpur student shooting case

Eight underprivileged families in Chauddagram upazila of Cumilla celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr in newly built tin-shed houses provided by the humanitarian organization Swapnopuron Foundation. The initiative, confirmed on Wednesday by the foundation’s founder Md. Mosharraf Hossain, aimed to bring joy to families from Bijoykara, Debipur, Maskara, Derkota, Chandkara, Dolba, Patanandi, and Kalikapur villages just before the festival.

Established in 2019 with the slogan “Commitment to fulfilling dreams for humanity,” Swapnopuron Foundation has completed over 150 social welfare activities across Chauddagram municipality, 13 unions, and other parts of Bangladesh. The organization’s projects are supported by remittances from expatriates and contributions from educators, journalists, and young volunteers.

Beneficiary Touhid Khan expressed gratitude after receiving his new home, saying he had applied after following the foundation’s activities on social media. Mosharraf Hossain stated that the foundation runs on donations from expatriates and local philanthropists and pledged to continue supporting truly needy families in the future.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Eight poor families in Cumilla celebrate Eid in new homes built by Swapnopuron Foundation

U.S. President Donald Trump has reportedly sent a 15-point peace proposal to Iran seeking to end ongoing hostilities. Although the full list has not been officially released, U.S. and Israeli media have disclosed several key conditions. According to Israel’s Channel 12, the plan’s main objective is to dismantle Iran’s nuclear capabilities and reduce its regional influence. The conditions include closing and destroying nuclear sites at Natanz, Isfahan, and Fordow, ensuring full IAEA oversight, halting support for armed proxy groups, and committing never to pursue nuclear weapons. Iran would also need to keep the Strait of Hormuz open as a free maritime zone and limit its missile range to defensive purposes.

In return, the United States would assist Iran in developing a civilian nuclear project in Bushehr for electricity generation, lift all economic sanctions, and guarantee no future sanctions. Reports suggest a one-month ceasefire could be implemented during negotiations. However, neither the White House nor the Iranian government has made any official comment on the proposal or the potential ceasefire.

The report, citing BBC sources, indicates that discussions are ongoing, but the timeline and Iran’s response remain unclear.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump sends 15-point peace plan to Iran with nuclear dismantling and sanctions relief terms

Turkey has announced that it is acting as a mediator in message exchanges between Iran and the United States. Harun Armagan, the vice chairman for foreign affairs of Turkey’s ruling AK Party, confirmed the development, according to Al Jazeera. In an interview with Reuters, Armagan said Ankara is playing a role in delivering messages, with the main goal of reducing tensions and paving the way for direct talks between the two countries.

Armagan added that Turkey maintains strong diplomatic relations with both Iran and the United States. Leveraging this position, Ankara is seeking to establish itself as a potential mediator in the ongoing standoff. The report also noted that several other countries have shown interest in similar mediation efforts.

Analysts cited in the report believe that such initiatives could play a significant role in easing the current tensions between Tehran and Washington.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Turkey mediates Iran-US message exchanges to reduce tensions

According to Iran’s state news agency IRNA, Tehran’s ambassador to Pakistan, Reza Amiri Moghadam, stated that there have been no direct or indirect discussions between Iran and the United States. He added that friendly nations are attempting to create a platform for dialogue between Tehran and Washington, expressing hope that such efforts could help end the ongoing imposed war.

Earlier, U.S. President Donald Trump claimed that his administration was in contact with the “appropriate authorities” in Iran and that Tehran was eager to reach an agreement. In response, a spokesperson for Iran’s armed forces said the United States was “talking to itself.” Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also announced on social media that his country was ready to host talks aimed at resolving the conflict.

The statements come amid heightened regional tensions, with reports of Israeli and Iranian military actions and growing concerns over the impact of the Iran war on energy supplies and daily life across Asia.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran denies any talks with the U.S. as regional tensions and energy concerns intensify

A Saudi expatriate named Abul Kashem extended humanitarian support to a destitute family in Daulatkhan upazila of Bhola after their two cows were stolen about a week ago. The cows were the only means of livelihood for day laborer Kalu Bepari and his wife Nasima Begum, who sold milk to sustain the family and had planned to sell the cows after Eid to fund their daughters’ weddings. The theft left the family devastated until the incident gained attention through media and social networks.

Moved by the reports, Abul Kashem purchased a cow worth about 46,000 taka and arranged for it to be handed over to the family on Tuesday through local media representatives. The gesture brought relief and joy to the affected household. Local journalists from Global TV, Bangla TV, and Channel S were present during the handover.

According to the report, Abul Kashem also promised to bear the full wedding expenses of Kalu Bepari’s two daughters and pledged continued support for the family. Locals praised his initiative as an inspiring example of compassion and social responsibility.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Saudi expatriate helps Bhola family recover after losing only cows to theft

Locals in Fatullah, Narayanganj, detained an ambulance driver and his assistant on Wednesday morning after they allegedly tried to flee after leaving a body beside a road near Tara Spinning Mill in the Narsinghpur area. The incident occurred around 9 a.m. on March 25, 2026. Police from Fatullah Model Station arrived shortly after being alerted through the national emergency number 999 and took both the driver, Raju Mia, and his helper, Hridoy, into custody along with the ambulance.

According to local witnesses, the ambulance was behaving suspiciously when the men attempted to abandon the body. Raju Mia told police he had been hired to transport the body from Khanpur Hospital to Boktabali for burial, but the people who hired him left the vehicle midway and could not be found afterward. Hridoy said he joined the vehicle only because the driver asked for help out of fear.

Sub-inspector Shahidul of Fatullah Model Police Station said the ambulance and the body were seized, and an investigation is underway to identify the deceased and uncover the motive behind the incident.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Ambulance driver held in Fatullah after leaving body on roadside, police probe underway

Justice Golam Mortuza Majumdar, chairman of International Crimes Tribunal-1, reported that his Facebook and WhatsApp accounts were hacked. The incident was recorded in a general diary at Shahbagh Police Station in Dhaka on Tuesday evening, confirmed by the station’s officer-in-charge on Wednesday. The accounts were reportedly compromised on March 18, raising concerns that hackers might misuse them. A letter was also sent to the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission for necessary action.

Prosecutor Tanvir Hasan Zoha stated that the judge might have clicked a fraudulent link or downloaded an unauthorized application, leading to the breach. Although the judge’s mobile phone has been secured, his social media accounts remain under hacker control. The issue first appeared on March 17 when his phone malfunctioned, and he later informed Zoha on March 22, prompting removal of remote-control software.

According to tribunal sources, administrative and security measures have been strengthened, and an investigation into the hacking is ongoing.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Judge’s Facebook and WhatsApp hacked; Dhaka police and BTRC investigating

Nobin Fashion has announced the reopening of its showrooms with attractive offers ahead of Eid. The company made the announcement on its official Facebook page on Wednesday, stating that the decision to resume operations was made possible through the intervention of NCP leader and Member of Parliament Hasanat Abdullah.

According to the announcement, all branches except the Moghbazar outlet will remain open and host a 15-day Eid festival featuring various special offers and events for customers. The company’s managing director will join a Facebook Live session from China to share details of the promotional campaign.

Earlier, on Tuesday night, Managing Director Enamul Hasan posted a status from Shahjalal International Airport on his personal Facebook account, signaling preparations for the reopening.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Nobin Fashion reopens showrooms with Eid offers after MP Hasanat Abdullah’s intervention

The government has issued a notification increasing the retirement age for all officers and employees of the Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) from 60 to 62 years. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting published the gazette on March 15, 2026, formalizing the change for the national news agency’s workforce.

According to the notification, the new retirement age will be considered effective retroactively from December 11, 2011. The decision applies to all categories of BSS officials and staff under the government’s jurisdiction. The announcement marks a policy adjustment in the employment terms of the state-run news organization.

The change is expected to affect the service tenure of current and future BSS employees, aligning their retirement age with the updated government directive.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh raises BSS staff retirement age to 62 years

The Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) has stated that negligence by two on-duty gatekeepers caused the bus-train collision in Cumilla’s Paduar Bazar area. RAB-11 Deputy Commander Lt. Commander Md. Naim Ul Haque disclosed at a press briefing in Dhaka’s Karwan Bazar that neither gatekeeper was present at the railway crossing during the accident, and both fled afterward. One of them, Md. Helal, aged 41, was arrested on Tuesday evening in the Shankuchail area under Burichang Police Station.

The collision occurred at 3:10 a.m. on March 22 when a passenger bus named “Mamun Special,” traveling from Jashore to Lakshmipur, was struck by a train while crossing the tracks beneath the Paduar Bazar World Road flyover in Cumilla Sadar South. The crash killed 12 people and injured 25 others. Following the incident, a relative of one of the deceased passengers filed a case at Laksam Railway Police Station, naming the two gatekeepers as accused.

RAB’s statement links the absence of the gatekeepers directly to the tragedy, and legal proceedings are now underway against the accused.

25 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

RAB says absent gatekeepers caused deadly Cumilla bus-train collision


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.