The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah has officially joined Turkish club Trabzonspor on a free transfer, according to a report published on August 5, 2026. The club confirmed his arrival through a social media video, showing the star in Trabzonspor’s traditional maroon and blue shirt for the first time. The move ends one of the summer transfer window’s most widely discussed stories.
In a video message to supporters, Salah said: “Trabzonspor fans, are you ready? See you very soon.” He ended the message by saying the Turkish club slogan, “Bize her yer Trabzon.” The report said the process moved quickly after talks were formally announced, with his arrival in Turkey, medical examination and contract signing all completed in a short period.
Salah had been linked in recent weeks with Besiktas, Atletico Madrid, Saudi Pro League clubs Al-Ittihad and Al-Diriyah, and several American clubs, but ultimately chose to remain in Europe. The transfer concludes his nine-year spell with Liverpool, where the report says he won the Premier League, Champions League, Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup, among other titles.
Mohamed Salah joins Turkish club Trabzonspor on a free transfer
Pakistan held control of the second Test against West Indies in Port of Spain, Trinidad, at the end of the third day. West Indies, batting in their second innings, lost six wickets for 103 runs in 40.5 overs. Spinner Sajid Khan claimed four wickets, while Ali Osman took two, leaving the home side under pressure.
Kavem Hodge was West Indies’ top scorer in the second innings with 34 runs. The side was only 60 runs ahead of Pakistan with four wickets remaining. In the first innings, West Indies made 344 in 105.4 overs, led by Justin Greaves’ 73 and Roston Chase’s 70. Sajid also took four wickets in that innings, conceding 85 runs.
Pakistan replied to West Indies’ first-innings total with 387 runs, taking a 43-run lead. Opener Abdullah Shafique remained unbeaten on 160 from 323 balls, with support from Babar Azam’s 88 and Azan Awais’ 55. West Indies bowler Jomel Warrican took six wickets for 112 runs from 46 overs.
Sajid Khan takes four wickets as Pakistan dominates West Indies in Port of Spain
FIFA President Gianni Infantino has called an emergency executive meeting amid intense dissatisfaction and instability within world football’s governing body over disputed decisions and commercial plans. The report, published on August 5, 2026, says the special meeting of senior FIFA officials was convened to address the emerging crisis.
Infantino had proposed selling and opening investment in FIFA’s commercial operations and the management rights for football events to the private sector. The stated aim was to multiply FIFA’s revenue. However, football executives and member associations view the initiative as a threat to football’s core identity and autonomy. Critics also allege that decisions were taken unilaterally while disregarding the views of key groups.
The plan to include private investors in tournament and broadcasting rights has prompted opposition, with several senior officials and advisers already resigning. The executive meeting may take a policy decision on whether the proposal will be withdrawn entirely or revised. The report describes the dispute as one of the biggest political and administrative crises of Infantino’s current term, saying major changes to his business plans would be needed to retain the confidence of FIFA’s governing board and regional bodies.
Infantino calls an emergency FIFA executive meeting over disputed commercial plans
FIFA president Gianni Infantino is facing growing pressure after abandoning a plan to sell about 20 percent of commercial rights for the World Cup and other major FIFA tournaments to private investors. The proposal, involving a planned entity called FIFA Forward Enterprise, aimed to raise $4.2 billion and was expected to include Thrive Capital, linked to Joshua Kushner. Infantino withdrew the plan within days after strong opposition from the football world.
The report said Infantino unsuccessfully tried repeatedly to contact US President Donald Trump by phone after the plan was cancelled. It also said he sought a private meeting with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, though a State Department official said no such discussion was planned. Infantino’s longstanding closeness with Trump, including the FIFA Peace Prize and reported intervention in a disciplinary matter, has drawn broad criticism.
His support for a third term has also weakened, according to the report. The Asian Confederation has joined a rebel camp involving UEFA and CONCACAF, while Oceania’s 11 countries are reportedly moving toward that alliance. A no-confidence vote could be called through an emergency FIFA Congress; if Infantino lost, Sheikh Salman would assume interim duties. Infantino remains the only declared candidate for the March 18, 2027 FIFA presidential election.
Infantino faces mounting pressure after scrapping FIFA rights-sale plan and losing key support
The Bangladesh Cricket Board has launched a new initiative to improve the skills of domestic pitch curators, arranging its first formal training workshop for the role. The Level-1 Curator Certification Workshop will be held on August 11 and 12 at the Bir Sreshtho Shaheed Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman Stadium in Chattogram under BCB’s organisation.
Tony Hemming will conduct the workshop. The report says Bangladesh has recently achieved success in preparing sporting wickets under his guidance, with positive effects from wicket changes seen in series against New Zealand, Pakistan and Australia.
BCB Grounds Committee member secretary Mazhar Uddin said the first-stage certification course is being introduced for the first time to strengthen the capabilities of the country’s curators and ground staff. At least 30 curators from Dhaka, Sylhet and Chattogram are expected to take part in the workshop.
BCB will hold its first Level-1 curator certification workshop in Chattogram on August 11-12
Bangladesh Cricket Board's High Performance team has named a 15-member Twenty20 squad for a home series against Malaysia. Malaysia are due to arrive in Bangladesh on Wednesday. Experienced players Sabbir Rahman and Shamim Hossain have been selected for the two-match T20 series, which is part of a tour also featuring three one-day internationals.
The two T20 matches will be played in Dhaka on August 8 and 10. The three ODI matches are scheduled for August 12, 14 and 16. Every match in the series will be held at Bashundhara Sports Complex.
The T20 squad also includes Jisan Alam, Jawad Abrar, SM Mehrab Hasan, Ariful Islam, Rubel and Mrittunjoy Chowdhury. New national-team pacer Abdul Gaffar Saklayen has been included, along with Abu Hider Rony, Swadhin Islam, Rakibul Hasan, Pritom Kumar, Mahfuzur Rahman Rabby and Iqbal Hossain.
Sabbir Rahman and Shamim Hossain named in Bangladesh HP's T20 squad against Malaysia
FIFA President Gianni Infantino has faced an administrative and political crisis after a controversial plan to sell World Cup commercial rights to private investors collapsed. In a report published on August 4, 2026, Infantino was said to be seeking support from US President Donald Trump to address the fallout, but Trump reportedly did not respond to repeated phone calls.
FIFA had planned to establish a separate company to manage World Cup commercial operations and sell about 20 percent stakes in various tournaments, aiming to raise $4.2 billion. Infantino agreed to cancel the plan after strong opposition from UEFA and several national football federations. The proposed investment deal’s main partner was Thrive Capital, the firm of Joshua Kushner.
The report said Infantino also tried to contact US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, but the US administration said no such meeting had been scheduled. Trump stated that he had held no discussions with the FIFA president about the proposed deal. Following the plan’s collapse, several influential football bodies, including the Football Association of Wales, withdrew support for Infantino, leaving his leadership under uncertainty ahead of the 2027 FIFA presidential election.
Infantino reportedly failed to secure Trump’s support after FIFA’s investment plan collapsed
FIFA president Gianni Infantino has sought support from the Trump administration after a plan to sell part of World Cup commercial rights was abandoned, according to the New York Post, cited by the report published on August 4. The report said Infantino unsuccessfully tried repeatedly to contact US President Donald Trump by phone after the controversial proposal was withdrawn on Friday.
FIFA had planned to sell about 20 percent ownership in the World Cup and other football tournaments, seeking to raise up to $4.2 billion from private investors. The proposal involved placing commercial assets of world football’s governing body under a new company supported by private investors. It was dropped following strong opposition from relevant parties, while the report said negative media coverage had left Infantino feeling isolated.
The failed initiative has put added scrutiny on Infantino’s candidacy for a fourth term as FIFA president from 2027 to 2031. Thrive Capital, linked to Joshua Kushner, brother of Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, was expected to be involved. US Assistant Secretary of State Dylan Johnson said there were no plans for Secretary of State Marco Rubio to speak with Infantino and no meeting had been arranged.
Infantino seeks Trump administration support after FIFA drops commercial rights sale plan
Malaysia’s national cricket team will arrive in Dhaka on August 5 for a 13-day Bangladesh tour featuring limited-overs matches. The visitors will play two Twenty20 matches against Bangladesh High Performance team and three one-day internationals against Bangladesh Under-23 team. Malaysia are scheduled to depart on August 17.
After arriving, Malaysia will train at the National Cricket Academy Ground in Mirpur on August 6 and 7. Their first T20 match against the Bangladesh High Performance team will be played at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on August 8, starting at 2pm. The second and final T20 at the same venue is set for August 10.
Following the T20 series, Malaysia will face Bangladesh Under-23 in a three-match one-day series at Bashundhara Sports Complex. The ODI fixtures are scheduled for August 12, 14 and 16. Each of the three matches will begin at 9:30am and continue until 5pm.
Malaysia's cricket team arrives in Dhaka on August 5 for T20 and ODI series
Opponents of FIFA president Gianni Infantino are increasing pressure for his resignation and threatening non-cooperation with world football’s governing body if he remains in office. Senior UEFA officials reported the position on 4 August 2026. Their anger centres on Infantino’s attempted plan to sell shares in some major FIFA tournaments, including the World Cup, although the proposal ultimately failed.
The precise form of any non-cooperation remains unclear, but opponents are strongly considering boycotting FIFA meetings. Opposition intensified after UEFA threatened legal action over the proposal. Wales has publicly withdrawn support for Infantino’s candidacy for a fourth term, while England’s Football Association may follow. Sources told BBC Sport that the Scottish FA’s position is also aligned with UEFA’s.
Infantino is due to seek re-election for a final time in March 2028 and needs 106 votes from FIFA’s 211 member countries to win. Serbia, Sweden and Finland have withdrawn support, while Morocco, Qatar, Lebanon, Kuwait and Sri Lanka support his continued leadership. An emergency FIFA Council meeting could seek to force his resignation if 19 of its 37 members call for one; it would have to be held within two weeks.
Opponents threaten non-cooperation with FIFA unless Gianni Infantino resigns
Education Minister Ehsanul Haque Milon said the Prime Minister’s Gold Cup National Football Competition will help develop students’ talent, intellect, leadership, discipline and teamwork. He made the remarks while chairing a steering committee meeting at the Education Ministry conference room in the Secretariat on Monday on organising the 2026 event. The nationwide football tournament is scheduled for September.
The meeting held detailed discussions on preparations for the competition. Students from classes six to twelve will participate, with schools, colleges, madrasas and technical educational institutions included. Each institution will have one team for male students, while designated participation opportunities will be available for female students. Milon said the arrangement aims to give students from remote areas equal opportunities to showcase their talent at the national level.
Officials said the competition is intended to expand sports participation, identify talented players and ensure enjoyable education. Prime Minister Tarique Rahman is expected to attend the September inauguration as chief guest. Teachers and students have been invited to submit logos, reels, mascots, slogans and theme songs, with prizes planned for winners. The meeting also discussed field preparation, security, publicity and administrative coordination.
Preparations underway for a nationwide student football tournament scheduled for September
West Indies ended the rain-affected, light-shortened first day of the Port of Spain Test against Pakistan on 239 for five at Queen’s Park Oval on Monday. Justin Greaves was unbeaten on 64 from 125 balls and captain Roston Chase was 36 not out. Their unbroken 66-run sixth-wicket partnership left the hosts in a strong position at the close.
After winning the toss and batting, West Indies reached 49 runs in 9.5 overs before lunch despite rain disrupting the opening session. Mohammad Ali dismissed opener Tagenarine Chanderpaul with the final ball of the session. Pakistan sought a comeback through spin as Ali Usman trapped Brandon King lbw for 46, taking his first Test wicket, while Sajid Khan dismissed Kavem Hodge.
Aamir Jangoo was dismissed by Ubaid Shah for the pacer’s first Test wicket. Shai Hope and Greaves added 53 for the fifth wicket before Hope fell to Mohammad Ali. Chase then came in as nightwatchman and stayed unbeaten with Greaves. Mohammad Ali took two wickets, while Ali Usman, Sajid Khan and Ubaid Shah claimed one each.
Greaves and Chase guide West Indies to 239 for five after a rain-hit opening day
Opposition has intensified against FIFA president Gianni Infantino’s proposed plan to transfer World Cup commercial rights to private investors, according to an analysis published on August 3, 2026. The article says the proposal would have strengthened Infantino’s own power and influence, while critics of his money-focused approach view the past week as a moral victory for football.
The reported resistance includes Infantino’s longtime adviser Carlos Cordeiro and FIFA chief operating officer Kevin Lamour. UEFA has also attacked the proposal in strong terms. England’s Football Association is described as taking a firm position against Infantino in support of wider interests, despite FA chair Debbie Hewitt having previously presented him with a personalized England shirt.
The analysis cites Infantino’s closeness to Trump as a factor in what it characterizes as increasingly power-seeking and self-focused behavior. It says 143 countries have been brought into the same position, an unusual level of unity in football. However, the writer cautions that Infantino may continue fighting to retain his position, while portraying the dispute as a broader ethical awakening within the sport.
Football leaders unite against Infantino’s World Cup commercial-rights plan
The United Arab Emirates Football Association has expressed full support for FIFA president Gianni Infantino amid continuing controversy surrounding him. In a report published on August 3, 2026, the association welcomed the withdrawal of the disputed FIFA Forward Enterprise plan and said its confidence in Infantino’s leadership remained firm.
The proposal involved selling part of the commercial rights to FIFA competitions, including the World Cup, to private investors. Infantino ultimately withdrew the plan after strong opposition from UEFA and football federations around the world. In a statement posted on its official X account, the UAE association said withdrawing the project would positively protect the unity and interests of the international football family.
UAEFA president Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan said the association would support initiatives that develop international football, protect member countries’ interests and keep the global football family united. The body also said future proposals should be assessed carefully with consideration for sport’s development, supporters’ interests and the welfare of the international football community.
UAE football body backs Infantino after FIFA withdraws its contested investment proposal
Zinedine Zidane has returned to coaching as head coach of France’s national football team, prompting strong enthusiasm among French supporters. Tickets for his first home match in charge sold out in less than 24 hours, according to a report published on August 2, 2026. France will face Italy in the UEFA Nations League on October 2 at Paris’s Stade de France.
The 80,000-capacity stadium has no tickets remaining for the Italy match. Zidane succeeds Didier Deschamps, who stepped down after 14 years in charge. The report describes heightened expectations among supporters for the 1998 World Cup-winning figure, with fans believing his leadership can help France regain prominence in world and European football.
Zidane’s coaching campaign will begin before the Italy fixture, with France playing Turkey away on September 25. The team will then travel to Belgium on September 28 for its second match. After hosting Italy on October 2, France will play Belgium in Paris on October 5. RMC reported that, apart from a few Category 1 tickets, tickets for that Belgium match have also been sold.
Zidane’s first home match as France coach sells out in less than 24 hours
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.