Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

US President Donald Trump announced a pause in planned military strikes on Iran’s infrastructure, triggering a sharp decline in global crude oil prices. The report, published on August 3, said oil prices fell by more than $4 per barrel immediately after the announcement.

According to Reuters, Brent crude futures had fallen $4.08, or 4.64%, to $83.85 a barrel by early Monday Bangladesh time. US West Texas Intermediate crude dropped $4.01, or 4.74%, to $80.66 a barrel over the same period.

Oil markets had previously faced major volatility as tensions rose in the Middle East. Prices for both crude benchmarks had increased by more than 20% after the United States resumed attacks on Iran last month and Iranian forces attacked several oil tankers in waters near Oman. Analysts said indications that Washington and Tehran may avoid military conflict had eased concerns about potential supply disruptions, contributing to the market decline.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Oil prices fell more than $4 after Trump announced a pause in planned strikes on Iran

FIFA president Gianni Infantino is facing growing pressure after the governing body withdrew a plan to sell part of the commercial rights to the World Cup and other major competitions to private investors. The report, published on August 2, 2026, said UEFA had publicly declared a loss of confidence in his leadership, while CONCACAF and the Asian Football Confederation also opposed him.

FIFA had proposed creating a new commercial company, FIFA Forward Enterprise, valued at about $20 billion and intended to raise around $4.2 billion. FIFA would have retained majority ownership while allowing private investors to acquire minority stakes. UEFA threatened a World Cup boycott, and longtime Infantino adviser Carlos Cordeiro resigned, calling the project a bad deal for football. Chief operating officer Kevin Lamour said FIFA’s administration had been misled and was unaware of the project.

The report said at least 19 of the 37 FIFA Council members could seek an emergency meeting to increase pressure for resignation. A special congress would require written requests from at least 43 of FIFA’s 211 member countries, while removing Infantino would require at least 106 votes. Infantino said FIFA would seek unity, and Morocco and Egypt welcomed the withdrawal after Qatar.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Infantino faces mounting pressure after FIFA withdrew its private investment plan

FIFA President Gianni Infantino is expected to resign within the next few days, according to a UK Times report cited by Amar Desh on August 2, 2026. The report says he is being forced toward resignation amid pressure inside and outside FIFA after a plan to sell part of the World Cup to private investors failed.

The proposed “FIFA Forward Enterprise” project could have financially benefited Infantino, the report says. However, he was compelled to abandon it after strong opposition from football confederations across different continents. The 56-year-old Swiss football official is described as determined to remain FIFA president, but support for him has been gradually declining.

One source quoted in the report said Infantino is now an ineffective figure and that his opponents have started selecting candidates for a successor. The English FA and UEFA, European football’s governing body, have clearly stated that they have no confidence in Infantino.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Report says Gianni Infantino faces resignation pressure after World Cup sale plan fails

Paul Musgrave, an associate professor of government and politics at Georgetown University in Qatar, said the ongoing United States-Israel conflict with Iran is producing direct effects inside the United States. In an interview with Al Jazeera, he said it was not yet timely to expect a rapid end to the conflict, despite President Donald Trump’s announcement that a planned attack on Iran had been suspended.

Musgrave said petroleum and liquefied natural gas prices have risen as part of the conflict’s impact. He also cited speculation that Iran may have supported some recent cyberattacks in the United States, saying that, if true, the war’s effects would be reaching the country directly. However, he did not cite conclusive evidence to support that claim.

According to Musgrave, both sides are strongly presenting their positions, much of it through inflammatory rhetoric. He said the situation may be moving toward the beginning of the conflict’s end, but did not present that as certain. He added that Trump and Iran’s government are considering political timetables, and elections in the United States and Israel during October and November could influence political decisions.

03 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Analyst says the Iran conflict is raising US energy costs amid unverified cyberattack speculation

England’s Football Association has called for a full investigation into FIFA’s leadership and governance after FIFA President Gianni Infantino withdrew the controversial FIFA Forward Enterprise investment plan. The FA publicly backed UEFA’s position, according to a report published on August 2, 2026. Infantino announced the plan’s withdrawal early Saturday after mounting opposition.

The proposal sought to bring private investment into FIFA competitions, including the World Cup, with member countries approving it within a specified period set to receive additional funds. UEFA and football federations around the world opposed the initiative. UEFA said FIFA’s current leadership had lost the trust of many in the global football family, alleging the process was handled secretly and was intended to be imposed on member associations.

The English FA said a rigorous review was needed to ensure transparent management of world football, protect the interests of FIFA’s 211 member countries and support the sport’s long-term development. Fifty-five European football federations opposed the plan, while CONCACAF and the Asian Football Confederation also raised objections. Candidate nominations are due to be finalized in November, ahead of FIFA’s presidential election in March 2027.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

English FA backs UEFA call for a full review of FIFA leadership after investment plan withdrawal

FIFA has abandoned a plan to sell minority stakes in commercial rights linked to major events, including the World Cup, to outside investors. Despite the reversal, pressure on FIFA president Gianni Infantino is growing, according to a report published on August 2. UEFA and Concacaf welcomed the withdrawal in separate statements but called for a comprehensive review of FIFA's overall leadership.

UEFA described the reversal as a victory for the football world while accusing Infantino of breaking commitments made when he was first elected in 2016. It said the current leadership had lost the confidence of many members of the football family and criticized an attempted opaque deal. Concacaf said unilateral actions and serious irregularities represented a pattern of mistakes, calling for an immediate full review. The Asian Football Confederation expressed solidarity with UEFA and Concacaf.

FIFA had planned to use a commercial affiliate, FIFA Forward Enterprise, to sell stakes in top events. The proposal leaked on Tuesday, prompting UEFA to threaten a World Cup boycott. On Friday, chief operating officer Kevin Lamour said FIFA's administration had been misled with incorrect information. Senior Infantino adviser Carlos Cordeiro resigned, accepting responsibility. Infantino is expected to seek a fourth term at FIFA Congress in March.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA drops share-sale plan as UEFA and Concacaf demand scrutiny of its leadership

Gianni Infantino has completed a decade as FIFA president after taking office in 2016 following Sepp Blatter’s departure. He inherited an organization facing corruption, financial strain and a crisis of confidence, with an estimated $550 million shortfall after sponsors were lost. Infantino pledged to direct football’s money toward football development, increasing funding for member nations, launching new tournaments and expanding the World Cup.

Under his leadership, the World Cup has expanded from 32 to 48 teams and a new-format Club World Cup has been introduced. FIFA’s revenue in the 2023-26 financial cycle is on course to reach a record $13 billion, though the article says much of that growth stems from the controversial Club World Cup and expanded World Cup. Smaller and financially weaker federations have received significant infrastructure and development support, while FIFA’s financial transparency has increased.

Controversy has persisted over Qatar, Saudi Arabia’s path to hosting the 2034 World Cup, player groups’ objections to scheduling, salary increases and Infantino’s ties with US President Donald Trump. UEFA has formally said it has no confidence in his leadership. Infantino, re-elected unopposed in 2019 and 2023, remains eligible to run in the 2027 election under current rules.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA’s finances rose under Infantino, but controversy and UEFA distrust shadow his decade

An inactive upper stage from a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, which has been orbiting in space for years, is expected to strike the Moon at 6:34 a.m. local time on August 5. The report says the rocket section will hit at about 8,700 kilometres per hour, nearly seven times the speed of sound. The impact could create a large crater and disperse substantial dust and debris into space.

Astronomers are waiting to observe the event, which may be visible with sufficiently powerful telescopes. Researchers believe the rocket casing may break apart and scatter rather than form a deep crater like a solid meteorite, producing a dust curtain extending about 183 kilometres. University of Texas astronomer Lawrence Traffton said smaller telescopes could distinguish the plume if it rises about 50 kilometres above the lunar edge, though the Moon's brightness may hinder observation.

The report describes the possible impact as a first opportunity to record from Earth an object striking the Moon's sunlit side. It notes that NASA's Lunar Prospector hit the Moon in 1999 while seeking water, without success, while a 2009 mission detected water ice in a dust cloud from a rocket impact. The event could provide information for future lunar exploration and human missions.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Inactive SpaceX Falcon 9 upper stage is expected to strike the Moon on August 5

African football journalist Mamadou Gaye publicly backed FIFA President Gianni Infantino’s controversial private-investment plan, describing it as the “best initiative” for the Confederation of African Football and world football. In a post on X, the longtime Soccer Africa analyst praised Infantino as a “global talent” and said the FIFA president deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

The proposal had drawn more negative discussion, but Gaye’s comments offered a public endorsement. Under FIFA’s plan, a new commercial company called FIFA Forward Enterprise would manage commercial rights for the World Cup and the organisation’s other major tournaments. Private investors would have been able to buy shares as minority partners, while FIFA member countries would receive additional funding.

The proposal faced strong opposition from UEFA and Concacaf, the governing bodies for European and North and Central American football. FIFA had given member countries until September 19 to approve the proposal. However, amid broad opposition, Infantino ultimately withdrew the plan.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Journalist Mamadou Gaye backs Infantino’s withdrawn FIFA investment plan and calls him Nobel-worthy

A report published by Amar Desh Online on August 1, 2026, citing Al Mujtama, outlines five major challenges facing Muslim minorities living in non-Muslim-majority societies. It says these challenges threaten their existence, citizenship, demographic standing and basic rights. The report cites the loss of full citizenship for Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar as an example of citizenship deprivation.

The first two challenges identified are alleged manipulation of Muslim population statistics and a lack of reliable data. The report argues that inaccurate or incomplete counts can understate Muslims’ demographic strength and narrow discussions of rights and equality. It describes the global Muslim population as nearly two billion, or about 24 percent of the world population, and cites estimates concerning Nigeria, India, France, Germany and the United States.

The remaining challenges are described as dispersing concentrated Muslim demographic communities, depriving people of political, economic and educational rights, and installing governing groups portrayed as hostile to Islam. The report calls for continued research using reliable, updated data. It also urges scientific institutions in the Islamic world to cooperate with neutral international organizations on determining Muslim population figures, with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation taking a leading role with support from Muslim governments.

02 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

Report outlines five claimed global challenges facing Muslim minorities

The United Nations has warned that intensifying El Niño conditions could push global temperatures to more alarming levels in the coming months. A report cited by Al Jazeera on August 1, 2026 said the World Meteorological Organization expects the recurring climate phenomenon to become a major driver of weather worldwide, raising risks of heatwaves, severe drought and destructive flooding.

The warning comes as wildfires have become uncontrollable in parts of Africa and Europe, while the monsoon season has brought extensive damage and disruption across South Asia. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said El Niño is strengthening and fuelling regions already on fire. The report said sea-surface temperatures in the central Pacific could rise by at least 2.9 degrees Celsius above normal, disrupting weather systems globally and contributing to extreme heat.

WMO forecasts that nearly all land areas could experience temperatures far above normal, with the strongest harmful effects possible in Africa, southern Europe, the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and South America. Guterres called for stronger climate action and an immediate halt to new coal, oil and gas projects. WMO Secretary-General Celeste Saulo urged governments and humanitarian agencies to turn early warnings into practical action.

01 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

UN warns strengthening El Niño could heighten global heat, drought, floods and wildfire risks

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has withdrawn a proposed plan to bring private investment into the World Cup and other major FIFA tournaments. He formally announced the cancellation on Saturday after strong opposition from football bodies in Europe, North and Central America, and Asia. Infantino acknowledged that the proposal had created divisions within football and said it would not be fair to continue it under those circumstances.

The proposal envisaged creating a subsidiary called FIFA Forward Enterprise to manage commercial operations for the World Cup and FIFA’s major tournaments. Outside investors would have been brought in as minority partners in the company. In return, Infantino had promised additional development funding for FIFA’s 211 member associations.

All 55 UEFA member countries threatened to boycott the World Cup, while CONCACAF’s 41 member associations rejected the proposal and the Asian Football Confederation expressed solidarity with UEFA and CONCACAF. Senior adviser Carlos Cordeiro resigned, calling the plan a bad deal for football. FIFA’s chief operating officer Kevin Lamour said many officials had been kept in the dark. FIFA’s presidential election is due in Morocco next March.

01 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA drops private investment plan for major tournaments after opposition from football confederations

The United States has launched a major operation to identify the sources of Iranian government and institutional assets scattered around the world, according to Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent. In remarks at a recent news conference, Bessent said Washington was searching globally for Iranian assets that could be seized. He said the funds would later be used for the welfare of Iran’s general public. The report was published on July 31, 2026.

The move follows an announcement by US President Donald Trump that seized or confiscated Iranian assets would be used to compensate for damage to any ships and cargo in the Strait of Hormuz. The report describes Trump’s declaration as controversial. Tehran responded strongly and condemned the announcement soon after it was made.

Bessent’s comments were presented as part of the broader sequence of US statements concerning Iranian assets and Hormuz-related damage. According to the report, the developments have generated renewed tension in the Middle East and in the global economic arena. The article cited Al Jazeera as its source.

01 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

US says it is pursuing Iranian assets worldwide for possible seizure and public welfare use

UEFA has strongly opposed FIFA’s plan to sell ownership stakes in its international competitions to private investors, warning it will boycott all FIFA tournaments if the proposal remains in place. The report, published on July 31, 2026, said CONCACAF, the football body for North and Central America, has also backed Europe’s position.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said football is not a product for sale. UEFA described FIFA’s move as undemocratic and as a system of rule through intimidation. The dispute could create major uncertainty over the participation of European teams in FIFA competitions if it continues.

The Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Poland in September and the Under-17 Men’s World Cup in Qatar in November could face serious disruption. Major European teams including Spain, France, Italy and England were expected to take part in those events. If the conflict is not resolved over the longer term, the future of the 2027 Women’s World Cup and the main 2030 World Cup could also fall into deep uncertainty.

01 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

UEFA threatens to boycott FIFA tournaments over proposed private ownership stakes

FIFA has begun examining the feasibility of expanding the World Cup from 48 to 64 teams from 2030, amid intense debate inside and outside the organisation over tournament expansion and plans to introduce private investment into the competition. The report, published on July 31, said FIFA is pursuing the assessment despite opposition to the proposed changes.

According to an internal document cited by The Times, FIFA completed an initial briefing on July 30. An independent study will assess how a 64-team World Cup could affect broadcasting, sponsorship, revenue and the wider football structure. The deadline for proposals is August 7, a final organisation is due to be selected on August 14, and FIFA plans to receive a full report by September 11.

CONMEBOL president Alejandro Dominguez has publicly supported a 64-team tournament, while the African confederation has not made an official comment. Analysts said the proposal could significantly reshape football diplomacy and tournament formats. The report also said Spain and Portugal, the main hosts of the 2030 World Cup, could lose automatic qualification for the main tournament.

01 Aug 26 1NOJOR.COM

FIFA begins feasibility study for expanding the 2030 World Cup from 48 to 64 teams


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.