The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.
US President Donald Trump has declared a 'complete and total' victory in the conflict with Iran while announcing a ceasefire. In an interview with AFP, he said that Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile issue would be 'perfectly resolved' under the new agreement, adding that he would not have entered the deal otherwise. Earlier, when asked about the matter, Trump had said he was not concerned, arguing that satellite monitoring was sufficient.
Iran’s Supreme National Security Council confirmed that it had agreed to a two-week temporary ceasefire, with further discussions scheduled for April 10 in Islamabad. The council listed key conditions, including maintaining Iran’s control over the Strait of Hormuz and the complete withdrawal of US military forces from the region. Trump had previously described these conditions as 'workable.'
The timing of the ceasefire’s implementation remains unclear, as reports indicate that attacks and missile strikes continue across the region.
Trump declares victory over Iran, promises perfect resolution of uranium issue
Prime Minister Tarique Rahman told Parliament on April 8, 2026, that the government is implementing short-, medium-, and long-term plans across 43 areas of the education sector. He said each student and teacher will receive a unique digital identity called 'Edu-ID'. The initiative is part of a broader plan to gradually raise education spending to 5 percent of GDP, as outlined in the government’s election manifesto.
Rahman said the government views education as the best investment and is committed to building a quality, inclusive, and life-oriented education system. Plans include distributing free school uniforms to 200,000 primary students this fiscal year, expanding school feeding programs nationwide, and installing multimedia classrooms in all primary and secondary institutions. Additionally, 1,500 institutions will receive free Wi-Fi to reduce digital inequality.
The Prime Minister also announced that the ICT Division’s Bangladesh Computer Council will train students in artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, mobile app development, Python programming, and AI-based digital marketing within six months. The government is also considering nationalizing one women’s college in each upazila to promote female education and empowerment.
Bangladesh to introduce Edu-ID and expand digital, AI training under new education reforms
A special army operation in the Kukichhara area of Guimara upazila, Khagrachhari, recovered locally made weapons and ammunition early Wednesday, March 8. Acting on secret intelligence that 10 to 15 armed members of the UPDF (main) faction were staying in a house in Kukichharapara, a joint team from Sindukchhari, Mahalchhari, and Matiranga zones launched a coordinated cordon and search operation. During the raid, two individuals attempted to flee by jumping into a nearby stream and escaped into the forest due to the difficult terrain.
Subsequent searches of the house, identified as belonging to UPDF post director Tonimong Marma, led to the recovery of a homemade pistol, a pipe gun, six pistol rounds, and two cartridges. The recovered items were handed over to the local police station for legal processing. The army stated that such operations will continue to maintain peace and order in the hilly region and to curb armed group activities.
Guimara Police Station’s officer-in-charge Sohrawardy confirmed the incident.
Army recovers homemade weapons in Guimara raid targeting suspected UPDF hideout
Israel has deployed its 98th Division to southern Lebanon to strengthen its ground operations in the region. The move, reported on April 8, 2026, aims to expand military activity against the Iran-backed Hezbollah group. With this addition, a total of five Israeli divisions are now operating in southern Lebanon, including the 91st, 36th, 146th, and 162nd divisions. The Israeli military stated that the new deployment will reinforce the front defense line and help reduce threats to northern residents.
According to reports, the terrain in southern Lebanon is mountainous and densely populated, posing greater challenges than Gaza. The main objective of the operation is to push Hezbollah fighters north of the Litani River and prevent the use of border villages for military purposes. Israeli forces are also preparing to present a plan to political leaders that includes taking control of border villages and continuing operations even after the war with Iran ends.
The report noted that such a strategy could be viewed as occupation under international law, raising potential legal and diplomatic concerns.
Israel sends 98th Division to southern Lebanon to expand operations against Hezbollah
Iran is observing the 40th day since the assassination of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Wednesday, with large crowds expected to take to the streets. Khamenei was killed in a joint U.S.-Israeli airstrike in Tehran on February 28, which marked the beginning of a coordinated military campaign against Iran.
In Iranian tradition, the 40th day after a person’s death, known as Chehlum or Chollisha, holds deep religious significance. Following Khamenei’s death, his son Mojtaba Khamenei assumed the role of Supreme Leader, though he has yet to appear publicly. The day of commemoration coincides with the announcement of a two-week ceasefire between Iran and the United States.
The overlap of the mourning observance and the truce announcement underscores a moment of both reflection and uncertainty in Iran’s political and military landscape.
Iran marks 40th day of Khamenei’s death as truce with US begins
Education Minister A N M Ehsanul Haque Milon informed the National Parliament that 2,847 villages across Bangladesh currently have no primary schools. He provided the information in a written reply during the first session of Parliament on Wednesday, April 8, 2026, in response to a question from Feni-2 Member of Parliament Joynal Abedin.
According to the minister, the distribution of villages without primary schools includes 717 in Dhaka Division, 818 in Chattogram, 355 in Rajshahi, 37 in Rangpur, 349 in Khulna, 45 in Barishal, 260 in Sylhet, and 266 in Mymensingh. He stated that not every village in the country currently has a primary school.
The minister added that if proposals are received in the future to establish schools in villages without one, the government will consider the necessity and relevant conditions before taking appropriate action.
Bangladesh minister says 2,847 villages still lack primary schools
FIFA has opened a disciplinary investigation against the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) following anti-Muslim chants by fans during Spain’s international friendly against Egypt on March 31. The match, held at RCDE Stadium, ended in a goalless draw, but the behavior of some spectators drew widespread criticism. FIFA confirmed that it is reviewing video footage, referee and match observer reports, and security information to determine possible sanctions, which could include fines, matches behind closed doors, or temporary venue bans.
During the first half, anti-Muslim slogans were heard from the stands, prompting stadium authorities to issue warnings on the giant screen. Despite repeated messages, a section of fans continued chanting and whistling. The RFEF publicly condemned the incident, reaffirming its stance against racism and discrimination in football. Spanish police have also begun a separate investigation into the Islamophobic behavior.
Spain’s coach Luis de la Fuente strongly denounced the conduct and called for action against those responsible. Spanish player Lamine Yamal also criticized the chants, calling the use of religion as mockery a sign of ignorance and racism.
FIFA probes anti-Muslim chants by fans during Spain-Egypt friendly match
Salaries for MPO-listed teachers working in private schools and colleges have not yet been disbursed for March, as processing in the government’s iBAS software remains incomplete. According to an official from the EMIS Cell of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education, the delay has prevented the transfer of funds to teachers’ bank accounts. The disbursement process is expected to begin by Thursday.
The Ministry of Education approved the March salary proposal for MPO-listed teachers and staff on April 5. The approval covers 303,888 teachers and employees from 17,237 schools and 87,982 teachers and employees from 2,619 colleges. Although the ministry issued the necessary government order and banks began processing payments, the incomplete iBAS work has caused the delay.
Officials indicated that once the iBAS processing is finalized, the salary payments will proceed without further delay.
MPO teachers face March salary delay due to incomplete iBAS processing
After 39 days of fighting, the United States and Iran have agreed to a two-week ceasefire, according to an announcement by US President Donald Trump on his social media platform Truth Social. Trump said he accepted a proposal from Tehran that includes the immediate reopening of the Strait of Hormuz. Calling it a 'great day for world peace,' he added that the US would help manage traffic in the strait to ensure smooth operations and described the moment as potentially the 'golden age of the Middle East.'
The ceasefire follows weeks of escalating threats. Prior to the talks, Trump had warned of attacks on Iran’s power plants and bridges, even threatening to send Iran 'back to the Stone Age.' Iran responded that the war would continue until the US faced 'permanent humiliation, regret, and surrender.'
Both sides are claiming victory. Trump told AFP that the ceasefire represents a 'complete and total victory' for the US, while Iran’s Supreme Security Council said it also views the truce as a victory but warned that its forces remain on alert and ready to respond to any provocation.
US and Iran agree to two-week ceasefire after 39 days of conflict, both sides claim victory
Iran has presented a 10-point proposal following the announcement of a ceasefire with the United States and Israel. According to Iran’s state news agency Fars, the plan includes demands for lifting all sanctions and ending the US military presence in the Middle East. The proposal is reportedly accepted by Donald Trump as the basis for an upcoming meeting in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The plan covers a wide range of strategic issues, including a commitment by Iran not to develop nuclear weapons, withdrawal of US combat forces from the region, and restrictions on attacks from regional bases. It also calls for limited ship movement through the Strait of Hormuz under Iranian regulations, removal of all UN and other sanctions, creation of a compensation fund for war damages, and recognition of Iran’s right to enrich uranium. Additionally, it seeks permission for regional peace talks and expansion of non-aggression policies toward resistance groups.
The proposals are expected to form the foundation of the scheduled Iran-US discussions in Islamabad on Friday, with all commitments to be formalized through a UN resolution.
Iran unveils 10-point ceasefire plan demanding US troop withdrawal and sanctions removal
More than 1,530 people have been killed and about 4,812 injured in Lebanon’s southern region during over a month of fighting between Israeli forces and the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah, according to the country’s health ministry as reported by AFP. Among the dead are 102 women and 130 children, highlighting the heavy civilian toll of the conflict.
The report comes as U.S. President Donald Trump announced a two-week ceasefire with Iran, supported by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. However, Netanyahu clarified that the ceasefire does not apply to Lebanon, leaving the ongoing hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah unaffected.
The exclusion of Lebanon from the ceasefire raises concerns about continued violence in the region, with no indication of an immediate de-escalation in the southern areas of the country.
Over 1,500 killed in Lebanon as Israel-Hezbollah clashes continue beyond ceasefire with Iran
In Haimchar upazila of Chandpur, illegal sand extraction from the banks of the Meghna River has completely eroded a local playground and put a river protection embankment worth hundreds of millions of taka at serious risk. Police confirmed on Tuesday night, April 7, that five individuals were arrested in connection with the incident. The seized equipment includes a bulkhead named “MB Mim Enterprise” and an unloading vessel called “Ma-Babar Doa.”
Local residents reported that the playground in Gazinagar, where children regularly played football, disappeared overnight after sand was removed using dredgers. Community members expressed anger and fear that the erosion could destroy their homes if the embankment collapses. Haimchar BNP’s general secretary demanded strict punishment for those responsible, regardless of political affiliation.
Haimchar’s Upazila Nirbahi Officer said the site has been inspected and repair work ordered with the help of the Water Development Board. The board’s sub-divisional engineer stated that stored blocks are being used to prevent further erosion while awaiting higher authority decisions.
Illegal sand extraction erodes playground and endangers Meghna embankment in Chandpur
US President Donald Trump has announced a two-week ceasefire with Iran, a move welcomed by Iran’s Supreme National Security Council. However, the council cautioned that Iran’s forces remain on alert, stating that their hands are still on the trigger and any hostile action will be met with full force.
The statement followed weeks of conflict that began on February 28, when the United States and Israel launched a joint attack on Iran, resulting in the death of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on the first day. The Iranian council expressed gratitude to the nation for its sacrifices, claiming that most of Iran’s war objectives have been achieved and that the enemy has been pushed into historic weakness and lasting defeat.
Tehran confirmed that bilateral talks between the United States and Iran will begin on April 10 in Islamabad and continue for two weeks. Iran described the ceasefire as the enemy’s surrender on the battlefield and said it would celebrate a historic victory if the talks lead to a lasting political outcome.
Iran welcomes US ceasefire but warns its forces remain ready for any renewed conflict
The Election Commission announced the schedule for the election to the reserved women’s seats in Bangladesh’s 13th National Parliament on Wednesday, April 8, 2026. According to the schedule, voting will take place on May 12. The deadline for submitting nomination papers is April 21, with scrutiny on April 22 and 23, appeals on April 26, withdrawal on April 29, and symbol allocation on April 30. Under the announced distribution, the BNP alliance will receive 36 seats, the Jamaat alliance 13, and independent candidates one seat.
Earlier, on February 12, elections were held in 299 of the 300 parliamentary constituencies. Polling in Sherpur-3 was postponed due to the death of a valid candidate, while results for Chattogram-2 and 4 remain pending because of legal complications. The Bogura-6 seat will face a by-election after Tarique Rahman vacated it.
According to the law, the number of reserved women’s seats for each party is determined by multiplying its total seats by 50 and dividing by 300.
Bangladesh Election Commission sets May 12 vote for reserved women’s seats in 13th Parliament
Thousands of Iranians took to the streets of Tehran early Wednesday morning to celebrate the announcement of a ceasefire. Crowds waved Iranian flags, chanted anti‑US and anti‑Israel slogans, and burned the flags of those countries. Some participants carried pictures of Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei and his late father, former leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
According to Reuters, several people at the scene expressed skepticism about the United States’ intentions. One woman said Washington had repeatedly shown its true face and might use the ceasefire to regain strength, while another questioned why Iran would declare a ceasefire and reopen the Strait of Hormuz. In recent weeks, Iran’s top leadership had publicly voiced distrust toward the US, citing previous attacks during negotiation periods.
The reports from CNN and Al Jazeera indicate that the ceasefire announcement has sparked both public celebration and debate over Iran’s strategic decisions and the reliability of its adversaries.
Iranians celebrate ceasefire as distrust toward the United States persists
The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.