Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

The Pentagon has confirmed that 13 US soldiers have been killed and 365 others injured so far in the ongoing war involving Iran. Among the injured are 247 members of the army, 63 navy sailors, 19 marines, and 36 air force personnel. The report was released on April 4, 2026.

According to the Pentagon, seven of the fatalities occurred at the hands of opposing forces, six were killed in Iranian attacks in Kuwait, and one soldier died in Saudi Arabia after being wounded. The report did not clarify whether any crew members from US warplanes downed or attacked by Iranian forces on Friday were included in the casualty figures.

The information was sourced from Xinhua, and further details about the extent of US aircraft losses or additional casualties remain unclear.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pentagon confirms 13 US soldiers killed and 365 injured in Iran war

Sixty-eight leaders from Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami are serving as members of the 13th National Parliament, many of whom hold key party positions such as amir, nayebe amir, and central executive members. These MPs are finding it difficult to manage both their parliamentary and organizational duties, though they continue to perform their responsibilities diligently. Constituents’ expectations have also risen, with people frequently seeking assistance from their representatives.

Jamaat leaders, including Dhaka-12 MP Saiful Alam Khan Milon and Chapainawabganj-3 MP Nurul Islam Bulbul, acknowledged the challenges of balancing parliamentary work, party organization, and public service. They said administrative irregularities and long-standing complications make their work more difficult, but they remain committed to addressing them. MPs are also maintaining communication with constituents through local party leaders when parliamentary sessions keep them in Dhaka.

Jamaat Ameer Dr. Shafiqur Rahman, who also serves as Leader of the Opposition, faces the heaviest workload. A team has been formed to assist him in managing constituency affairs while he fulfills his dual responsibilities in parliament and the party.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Jamaat MPs face heavy workload balancing parliamentary and party duties in Bangladesh

The Single Point Mooring (SPM) mega project built off the southwest coast of Maheshkhali Island at a cost of Tk 8,000 crore has yet to become operational. Completed in August 2024 under the previous Awami League government, the project was designed to unload crude oil directly from large tankers via undersea pipelines. However, a lack of storage facilities and complications in appointing an operator have left it idle, turning it into a major burden for the new government. The project was financed through Chinese loans and implemented by Eastern Refinery PLC with construction by China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited.

Officials and experts cited the project as an example of poor planning and politically motivated decision-making during the previous administration. They said the SPM was approved in 2015 without adequate feasibility studies and now faces controversy over tendering for maintenance contracts. Allegations have surfaced that former government-linked officials attempted to influence the process. The current government has pledged to review the project’s viability and investigate any irregularities.

Energy experts warned that without the launch of Eastern Refinery’s second unit, the SPM will remain largely underutilized, despite its potential to reduce oil unloading time and costs.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Tk 8,000 crore Maheshkhali SPM project idle amid disputes and loan pressure

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have jointly urged an immediate ceasefire in the ongoing Middle East war. According to a Kremlin statement released on Friday, the two leaders made the appeal during a phone conversation, emphasizing the need for a negotiated peace agreement that considers the legitimate interests of all countries in the region.

The conflict began about a month ago following attacks by the United States and Israel on Iran, which subsequently spread across the Middle East. The Kremlin warned that the intensifying military confrontation is having negative effects not only regionally but also globally, particularly on energy, trade, and supply chains.

During the same call, Putin and Erdogan also discussed security in the Black Sea region. Russia accused Ukraine of attempting to attack gas transport infrastructure connecting Russia and Turkey. Gazprom reported that a drone attack on the TurkStream gas pipeline was thwarted on Thursday, a route that supplies gas to several European countries including Hungary, Slovakia, and Serbia.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Putin and Erdogan urge immediate Middle East ceasefire, warn of global economic fallout

Iran has claimed that its air defense forces shot down a US A-10 Warthog fighter jet near the Strait of Hormuz. According to Iranian state television, the aircraft was destroyed through an air defense strike. The incident follows a report from Friday that another US F-15E Strike Eagle jet had crashed inside Iranian territory.

CBS News reported that the A-10 Warthog was participating in a rescue mission for the downed F-15E when it came under attack. It remains unclear whether the aircraft mentioned by Iran and the one cited by CBS are the same. During the rescue attempt, two additional US aircraft were also targeted, and the A-10 pilot ejected into the sea before being rescued. One of two helicopters involved in the operation was hit by small-arms fire, injuring several crew members, though it landed safely. The search for the second F-15E pilot continues.

US President Donald Trump told NBC News that the incident would not affect potential talks with Iran, describing it as part of wartime realities. The White House confirmed that the president had been fully briefed on the situation.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran claims shooting down US A-10 jet near Strait of Hormuz amid ongoing tensions

Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters spokesperson, Ebrahim Zolfaghari, announced that a US warplane was recently shot down using Iran’s new advanced defense system. In a televised statement, he said the aircraft was targeted south of Qeshm Island and crashed into the waters between Qeshm and Hengam islands. Zolfaghari argued that the incident disproves former US President Donald Trump’s claim that the United States had destroyed Iran’s air defense network.

The event is being portrayed as a demonstration of Iran’s growing military capability. It occurred against the backdrop of heightened political and military tension in the Middle East, where US air operations have been active. The report did not include any US response or independent verification of the incident.

The development may further strain US-Iran relations and influence ongoing regional security dynamics if confirmed, though details remain limited.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran says its new defense system downed a US warplane near Qeshm Island

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni arrived in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on Friday for an unannounced visit amid the ongoing war in the Middle East. According to Al Jazeera, she is currently in Jeddah and plans to hold important meetings in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates during her two-day regional trip. This marks the first visit by a European Union leader to Saudi Arabia since the Iran–United States war began on February 28.

Meloni is scheduled to meet Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during the trip. The visit aims to express Italy’s support for Arab allies facing Iranian attacks and to secure stable energy supplies for Italy amid rising global energy prices. Her engagements in the region are seen as part of efforts to strengthen diplomatic and energy cooperation with Gulf nations.

The visit underscores Italy’s intention to balance solidarity with regional partners and safeguard its national energy interests during a period of heightened geopolitical tension.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Italian PM Meloni visits Saudi Arabia to back Arab allies and discuss energy security

Major US media outlets reported that one crew member from an American fighter jet downed over Iran has been rescued. According to AFP from Washington, citing unnamed sources, Axios and CBS News said US special forces recovered one of the two crew members, while search operations continue for the second. The New York Times and Wall Street Journal identified the aircraft as an F-15E model, which typically carries a pilot and a weapons systems officer.

CNN reported that analysis of wreckage photos published by Iranian media also suggested the aircraft was an F-15, though some Iranian sources claimed it was an F-35 stealth jet. US media further noted that President Donald Trump has been briefed on the incident, but there has been no official comment from the White House or the Pentagon.

Reports added that specialized US forces are conducting rescue operations near the suspected crash site, with social media and Iranian outlets showing low-flying US helicopters and aircraft in the area.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

US special forces rescue one crew from downed fighter jet in Iran, search continues

The United Nations Security Council has postponed a scheduled vote on a draft resolution authorizing the use of defensive force to protect shipping in the Strait of Hormuz. The 15-member council was expected to vote on Friday morning, but the session was rescheduled Thursday night due to the Good Friday holiday. No new date has been set for the vote.

The draft, backed by the United States, would allow member states to take necessary defensive measures individually or through a voluntary multinational naval coalition to secure navigation in the strait and nearby waters. The proposal follows Iran’s effective control of the strait after U.S.-Israeli attacks, which has disrupted global energy supplies. Diplomats said the text was revised several times to address concerns from Russia, China, and France, removing direct reference to Chapter VII of the UN Charter and emphasizing the defensive nature of any action.

Uncertainty remains over whether Russia and China, both with veto power, will support the measure. Analysts warn that potential vetoes could block the resolution, while energy prices continue to rise due to the disruption.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

UN delays Hormuz Strait defense vote amid energy supply crisis

Prime Minister Tarique Rahman has congratulated the Bangladesh Under-20 football team for winning the SAFF U-20 Championship. In a message issued after the final match held on April 3, 2026, in Malé, Maldives, he extended greetings to the players, coaching staff, and all involved, expressing hope that such success will continue in the future.

The Prime Minister stated that the government has begun implementing plans to establish sports as a profession and that the young players’ achievement will inspire sports enthusiasts across the country. He praised the team’s unity and patriotism, saying their collective effort has proven that Bangladesh can continue its winning streak both at home and abroad.

Bangladesh defeated India 4–3 in a penalty shootout after a dramatic final that ended in a tie. This marks Bangladesh’s second consecutive SAFF U-20 title, following their previous win in 2024.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh U-20 football team wins SAFF title; Prime Minister Tarique Rahman congratulates players

Bangladesh clinched the SAFF Under-20 Championship title after a dramatic final against India in Malé, Maldives. The match ended goalless in regulation time, leading to a tense penalty shootout where Bangladesh triumphed 4–3. Goalkeeper Mahin made a crucial early save, while Morshed, Chandan, and Fahim converted their shots. After a 3–3 tie following four rounds, India’s top scorer missed his final attempt, allowing Ronan Sullivan to seal victory with a composed finish.

Throughout the match, Bangladesh showed early dominance in possession and attack, though India increased pressure in the second half. Despite several counterattacks, neither side could score in open play. Declan Sullivan’s introduction added pace to Bangladesh’s offense, but missed chances kept the score level. The Malé Stadium crowd featured strong support from expatriate Bangladeshis, adding to the charged atmosphere.

With this win, Bangladesh reclaimed the SAFF Under-20 title, demonstrating resilience under pressure and tactical discipline against a familiar rival.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh beats India 4–3 on penalties to win SAFF U-20 title in Maldives

The government of Bangladesh has begun enforcing a new policy requiring all shopping malls and markets across the country, including in Dhaka, to close by 6 p.m. daily. The measure, implemented from Friday, aims to conserve fuel and electricity as part of a broader energy-saving initiative. On the first day of enforcement, major shopping centers such as Bashundhara City, New Market, Mirpur, and Jamuna Future Park shut their doors promptly at 6 p.m., bringing evening commercial activity to a halt.

The decision has drawn mixed reactions from the public and business owners. Many shoppers were unaware of the new rule and expressed frustration after being denied entry in the evening, while small and medium traders said their peak sales hours begin after sunset. Social media discussions reflected both criticism and support, with some urging flexibility on weekends and others praising the move as a responsible step toward reducing energy consumption.

Concerns were also raised about reduced evening foot traffic potentially affecting urban safety. Observers noted that the long-term impact on electricity savings and daily life remains to be seen.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh enforces 6 p.m. market closures to save energy, prompting mixed public reactions

Azizur Rahman, a day laborer from Shahhanabad village in Thakurgaon’s Ranisankail upazila, was detained by India’s Border Security Force (BSF) in May 2025 while cutting grass near the border. After spending 11 months in Indian prisons and hospitals, he died on March 22, 2026, in a hospital in Islampur, India. His body was repatriated to Bangladesh through the Banglabandha land port on April 3 under government arrangements, following an order signed by a senior assistant secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) and family members received the body in the afternoon.

Azizur’s wife, Taskara Begum, alleged that BSF personnel tortured her husband after his arrest, leading to his critical illness and eventual death. The family learned of his death through relatives in India. Local officials confirmed that the body was handed over to the family and buried the same evening at the Shahhanabad graveyard.

The incident has caused deep grief in the local community, highlighting ongoing tensions and human costs along the Bangladesh-India border.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladeshi worker dies in Indian custody, body returned after 11 months

Social Welfare Minister Professor Dr. A Z M Zahid Hossain urged citizens not to take the law into their own hands, emphasizing that law enforcement agencies are responsible for maintaining order. He made the remarks on Friday night at a Haribasar event held at the Sri Sri Radha Govinda and Sarbajanin Durga Temple premises in Aldadpur village of Joypur Union, Nawabganj upazila, Dinajpur.

During his address, the minister also stated that everyone has the right to practice their own religion and that no one should obstruct others in religious activities. The event was attended by local leaders including the president of the Upazila Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Front, Gojen Chandra Barman, and several local BNP leaders. Upazila Nirbahi Officer Md. Zillur Rahman and Officer-in-Charge Mintu Dey were also present.

The minister’s remarks highlighted the importance of communal harmony and adherence to legal processes in resolving disputes, reinforcing the government’s stance on maintaining peace and religious freedom.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Minister urges citizens to follow law and respect religious freedom in Nawabganj

Commerce, Textiles, Jute and Industries Minister Khandaker Abdul Muktadir has urged citizens to use energy efficiently for the sake of the country. Speaking to reporters after a meeting with local business representatives at his Sylhet residence on Friday, April 3, he said there was no reason to panic about energy supply. The minister emphasized that saving energy would reduce import costs and help preserve foreign currency reserves.

Muktadir explained that the government was adjusting office hours in response to the global energy crisis and encouraged collective caution to maintain normalcy. He noted that conserving electricity during peak hours could prevent unnecessary expenses. The minister also mentioned that LPG prices had risen due to higher import costs from Saudi Arabia and other sources, though fuel prices would remain stable as long as the economy stayed steady.

He added that industrial production would not be disrupted since gas supply to factories was being ensured. Muktadir further said an economic partnership agreement with Japan had been signed and would be formalized after parliamentary approval, with additional free trade agreements under preparation.

04 Apr 26 1NOJOR.COM

Commerce Minister calls for energy-saving measures to protect Bangladesh’s economy


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.