Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

UK Defence Secretary John Healey stated that the United States has not yet shared any detailed plan to resolve the ongoing conflict. Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s 'Today' program, he said that while a plan is being developed, no specific details are currently available.

Healey explained that the United Kingdom is working to bring various countries together and to create alternatives beyond military measures regarding the Strait of Hormuz. He emphasized the importance of securing commitments from nations willing to help reopen the strait for maritime traffic. He also described the ongoing discussions between the United States and Iran as a positive step, noting that dialogue between the two sides is welcome.

According to Healey, restoring normal shipping operations in the Strait of Hormuz and achieving regional stability will require an effective path to conflict resolution.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

UK says it has not received details of US plan to end current conflict

Iran is reviewing a US proposal aimed at ending the ongoing war in the Gulf region, according to Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. He stated that Tehran has no intention of engaging in direct talks to halt the wider Middle East conflict but signaled conditional openness to discussions if its terms are met. Araghchi clarified on state television that exchanging messages through mediators does not constitute direct negotiations with the United States.

According to six regional sources, Iran has informed mediators that any ceasefire agreement involving the United States and Israel must include Lebanon. The Reuters report cited Araghchi’s remarks suggesting that Tehran’s leadership will decide on the proposals once reviewed. Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump claimed in Washington that Iranian leaders secretly want a deal but fear domestic and external repercussions.

An Israeli defense official expressed doubt that Iran would accept US conditions and voiced concern that American negotiators might offer concessions. Another source said Israel wants to retain its option for preemptive strikes under any potential agreement.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran reviews US Gulf war proposal, insists Lebanon be part of any ceasefire deal

Global oil prices climbed on March 26, 2026, as uncertainty grew over whether the ongoing conflict involving Iran, the United States, and Israel would ease. Brent crude rose 1.5 percent to 98.72 dollars per barrel, while US benchmark WTI increased 2 percent to 92.16 dollars. The market reaction followed Iran’s rejection of a US-proposed ceasefire plan that included 15 points, while President Donald Trump delayed his previously scheduled military action.

Asian stock markets opened lower as investors reacted to the geopolitical tension. Japan’s Nikkei 225 fell 0.8 percent, South Korea’s KOSPI dropped 3.3 percent, and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index declined 1.9 percent. The uncertainty surrounding the conflict has created pressure across energy and equity markets.

Analysts noted that if the war continues, Asia could face rising energy shortages and broader economic instability, reflecting the region’s sensitivity to disruptions in global oil supply.

27 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Oil prices climb as Asian stocks fall amid Iran-US ceasefire uncertainty

Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar has confirmed that his country is facilitating message exchanges between the United States and Iran as part of a mediation effort. He stated that Turkey, Egypt, and several other nations are also supporting this initiative aimed at easing tensions between the two sides.

In a post on social media platform X, Dar emphasized Pakistan’s full commitment to peace and its ongoing efforts to ensure stability both within the region and beyond. The statement highlights Islamabad’s active diplomatic engagement amid heightened regional uncertainty.

The report, citing Al Jazeera, underscores Pakistan’s role as a communication channel in the broader mediation process, though specific details of the exchanges or outcomes have not been disclosed.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pakistan mediates US-Iran message exchanges with support from Turkey and Egypt

Researchers have announced TRIBE v2, a next-generation predictive foundation model designed to act as a digital twin of human neural activity. The model can forecast how the brain responds to various sights, sounds, and language inputs with unprecedented speed and accuracy, offering a seventyfold increase in resolution compared to similar systems. TRIBE v2 was trained on data from more than 700 healthy volunteers exposed to diverse media, including images, podcasts, videos, and text. It enables zero-shot predictions for new subjects, languages, and tasks, outperforming standard modeling approaches.

The developers have released the model, codebase, research paper, and an interactive demo to support neuroscientists and clinical researchers. By simulating brain activity computationally, TRIBE v2 allows testing of hypotheses without requiring human subjects for every experiment. The release aims to accelerate neuroscience discovery, improve AI systems through brain-inspired insights, and advance treatments for neurological disorders.

All materials are shared under a CC BY-NC license, with the goal of fostering open research and enabling scientific and clinical breakthroughs for the broader community.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

TRIBE v2 predicts human brain responses to sights, sounds, and language with high accuracy

Several bikers in Cumilla have alleged that Master & Sons Filling Station at Alekhar Char Bishwaroad area refused to sell octane for less than Tk 200. The incident occurred around noon on March 26, 2026, during a period of fuel shortage across the country. Witnesses said only a few of the district’s 81 filling stations had octane available. According to official data, 66,000 liters of octane were supplied to Cumilla on March 24, including 9,000 liters to Master & Sons.

One biker said he wanted to buy Tk 170 worth of octane but was told the minimum sale was Tk 200. Another traveler from Chattogram to Dhaka reported being denied a Tk 150 purchase. In response, station manager Jahangir Alam stated that customers should be allowed to buy any amount and that he would look into the matter. He denied allegations of under-measurement.

Cumilla’s Additional District Magistrate and fuel monitoring committee head Zafar Sadiq Chowdhury said customers are allowed to buy any amount and that any irregularities by filling stations will be investigated.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bikers in Cumilla allege fuel station refused octane sales below Tk 200 amid shortage

Japan has begun releasing fuel from its national reserves to mitigate the impact of the Middle East war and stabilize supply. The release, equivalent to 30 days of fuel, started from the Kikuma National Petroleum Stockpile in the western city of Imabari. According to the Japan Organization for Metals and Energy Security, the fuel has been transferred via pipeline to a nearby commercial refinery.

This move follows a similar release from private sector reserves, which began ten days earlier and covered the equivalent of 15 days of supply. The coordinated action reflects Japan’s effort to maintain energy stability during a period of heightened geopolitical tension affecting global oil markets.

The measure underscores Japan’s reliance on strategic reserves to cushion potential disruptions in fuel supply as the conflict in the Middle East continues to influence global energy dynamics.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Japan releases 30-day fuel from reserves to stabilize supply amid Middle East conflict

Two leaders of the Bangabandhu Lawyers Council were arrested in Sunamganj after offering tributes and chanting 'Joy Bangla' on Independence Day. The arrests took place on Thursday evening when the Detective Branch police detained them from their respective homes. The detainees are Advocate Monish Kanti Dey Mintu, a former vice president of Sunamganj Government College and former municipal councillor, and Advocate Shamim Ahmad, a member of the Awami Lawyers Council.

According to Additional Superintendent of Police (Media) Sanjay Sarkar, the two were arrested as unnamed accused in an old case. Earlier that morning, the Awami Lawyers Council organized a rally in the Collectorate area to mark Independence Day, followed by a floral tribute at the Shaheed Minar in the court premises. Both arrested lawyers participated in the program along with other pro-Awami League lawyers.

The incident has sparked widespread discussion in the local area, though no further details about the case or charges were disclosed in the report.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Two lawyers arrested in Sunamganj after Independence Day tribute and 'Joy Bangla' slogan

Nationalist teachers at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) boycotted the Independence and National Day discussion meeting on Thursday after the university administration invited the chief engineer as a special guest. The event took place at the university’s mini auditorium, where the vice-chancellor A.M. Sarwar Uddin Chowdhury and pro-vice-chancellor Sajedul Karim had earlier hoisted the national and university flags and laid floral tributes at the Shaheed Minar.

According to the report, the meeting was chaired by the vice-chancellor, with the pro-vice-chancellor, the dean of the Faculty of Physical Sciences, the director of student counseling, and the chief engineer among the guests. Nationalist teacher leaders left the venue before the session began, protesting what they described as a breach of academic decorum. Forum secretary Professor Shah Atikul Haque said the inclusion of the chief engineer as a guest undermined teachers’ dignity, while the teachers’ association president noted that such a practice had not occurred in the university’s 34-year history.

Event convener Professor Mahbubur Rashid stated that the guest list was determined by the university authority, and the pro-vice-chancellor said the selection was handled by the celebration committee formed by the vice-chancellor.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

SUST nationalist teachers boycott Independence Day event over guest selection dispute

Land Minister Mizanur Rahman Minu stated that those who opposed Bangladesh’s independence will remain despised by the nation forever. He made the remark on Thursday morning after placing a floral wreath at the Rajshahi Central Shaheed Memorial to mark Independence and National Day 2026. The minister emphasized the government’s goal of strengthening democracy while safeguarding national sovereignty under the leadership of Prime Minister Tarique Rahman.

Minu said the government aims to build a hunger- and poverty-free Bangladesh by creating employment for millions of unemployed youth, describing it as a sacred duty. Earlier, he paid tribute to the martyrs of the Liberation War at the memorial. The day’s celebrations in Rajshahi included a colorful parade and cultural program at the district freedom fighters’ stadium, inaugurated by Divisional Commissioner Bazlur Rashid.

The event was attended by senior government officials, including the deputy commissioner, city corporation administrator, and police commissioner. Separately, the city BNP office also marked the day with a flag-raising ceremony attended by Minister Minu and other local leaders.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Land Minister Minu says independence opponents will remain despised forever at Rajshahi ceremony

Police detained five Awami League activists in Dhaka’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar area on Thursday morning while they attempted to hold a procession. The arrests took place around 9:30 a.m. in front of the IDB Bhaban in Agargaon. The detainees were identified as Md. Hasan Ali, Jisan Ahmed, Md. Raisul Islam Manik, Md. Faruk Islam, and Ashik Mohammad. Among them, Hasan Ali is an employee of the Bangladesh Water Development Board. The incident was confirmed by Sher-e-Bangla Nagar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Monirul Islam.

According to the police, a group of 15–20 people suddenly began a procession near the BTRC building in Agargaon to mark Independence Day. When the group reached the IDB Bhaban area, police intervened, dispersed the participants, and detained five individuals. Authorities stated that a case has been filed against the detainees under the Anti-Terrorism Act, and they have been sent to court.

The report did not mention any further details about the charges or the current condition of the detainees.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Five Awami League activists detained in Dhaka during Independence Day procession attempt

In Patuakhali’s Kalapara upazila, hundreds of watermelon farmers are facing significant financial losses this season despite satisfactory yields. The crisis stems from a shortage of wholesale buyers, declining market demand, and unfavorable weather conditions. Many farmers who leased land from distant areas for commercial cultivation now fear they will not recover their investments.

Local growers such as Ferdous Talukder, who cultivated 64 bighas of land at a cost of about 2.1 million taka, reported being forced to sell watermelons at nearly half the expected price due to high transport costs and weak demand. Other farmers, including Md. Riaz and Oliullah, described similar difficulties, warning that delays in sales could worsen their losses. Rain before Eid and lower-than-usual temperatures in Falgun and Chaitra months have also reduced fruit quality and demand.

According to the Upazila Agriculture Office, watermelons were cultivated on 4,447 hectares involving around 3,000 farmers, with a sales target of 4.04 billion taka. Officials estimate that nearly half of the growers may incur losses if market conditions do not improve soon.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Kalapara watermelon farmers suffer losses despite good yields and weak market demand

Islami Andolan Bangladesh’s Amir and Char Monai Pir, Mufti Syed Muhammad Rezaul Karim, has expressed deep sorrow over the deaths caused by a bus plunging into the Padma River after losing control at the Daulatdia ferry ghat. In a statement issued to the media on Thursday, he said the incident left everyone shocked and speechless, describing the tragedy as deeply distressing.

He prayed for the victims, asking that they be granted martyrdom, and extended condolences to the bereaved families. The Char Monai Pir also called for an investigation to determine whether negligence or systemic flaws contributed to the accident. He emphasized that such incidents must not be repeated in the future.

The statement reflects the religious leader’s concern over recurring transport accidents and his call for accountability and preventive measures to ensure passenger safety.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Char Monai Pir calls for probe into negligence behind Daulatdia ferry ghat bus tragedy

Law enforcement officials from RAB-8 have arrested four suspects, including the prime accused, in connection with the killing of fruit trader Zakir Sheikh in Rajair, Madaripur. The arrests were made within 24 hours of the incident through separate operations in Gazipur and Munshiganj. According to RAB-8, the murder occurred on the morning of March 24 in Amgram Madhyapara area, reportedly over a land dispute and prior enmity.

The case was filed the following day at Rajair Police Station, naming 18 individuals and 20 to 25 unidentified suspects. The incident drew significant attention on social media and in local media outlets, prompting RAB-8 to launch a shadow investigation using information technology to locate the suspects. The arrested individuals were later handed over to local police stations in Gazipur and Munshiganj.

On Thursday morning, the detainees were transferred to Rajair Police Station and subsequently presented before court, which ordered their placement in jail custody.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

RAB-8 arrests four suspects in Rajair fruit trader Zakir Sheikh murder case

Israel has claimed responsibility for killing Alireza Tangsiri, the head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy. According to Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz, Israeli forces carried out an airstrike that resulted in the death of the IRGC naval commander. The report was published on March 26, 2026.

As of the time of reporting, Iranian authorities have not issued any immediate comment regarding the claim. The information was sourced from Al Jazeera, as cited by the Bangladeshi outlet Amar Desh. The incident adds to ongoing regional tensions involving Iran, Israel, and their respective allies.

No further details were provided about the location or circumstances of the airstrike, and the broader implications of the claim remain unclear pending Iran’s official response.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Israel claims airstrike killed IRGC Navy chief; Iran has not yet commented


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.