Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

Islami Andolan Bangladesh’s Amir and Char Monai Pir Mufti Syed Muhammad Rezaul Karim has described the recent Padma River bus sinking and other accidents across the country as the combined result of failures in Bangladesh’s communication system. Speaking on Thursday at the party’s central office in Purana Paltan, he lamented that even after 56 years of independence, the nation’s transport infrastructure remains fragile and accident-prone. He said those who governed the country over the past 55 years must take responsibility for this situation.

During the meeting, party leaders prayed for the victims of the Daulatdia Ghat accident and other recent incidents during Eid, expressing sympathy for the bereaved families. The Char Monai Pir criticized widespread corruption in the transport sector, saying it has turned public communication into a “death trap.” He urged the new government to prioritize reforms, eliminate syndicates, and ensure international standards in vehicle fitness and driver licensing.

He further stated that such accidents are not mere mishaps but amount to systematic mass killings due to negligence and corruption.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Char Monai Pir blames transport failures for deadly accidents, urges government reform

Nasiruddin Patwari, chief coordinator of the National Citizen Party (NCP), said that the significance of Bangladesh’s 2024 mass uprising is being undermined. Speaking at the National Martyrs’ Memorial in Savar on Independence Day, he warned that if reforms are not implemented in parliament, they will be carried out on the streets through political means. He emphasized that both reform and justice are essential.

Patwari criticized the government for failing to deliver justice for the July killings and accused it of manipulating elections through an understanding with India. He questioned the government’s use of the slogan “Joy Bangla” under official supervision and alleged that law enforcement is being used to support groups he described as “Joy Bangla terrorists.” He urged the government to ensure justice and reform, including accountability for the Awami League.

He further alleged election engineering and said the government ignored opposition voices in parliament and issues related to Indian agreements. Patwari concluded that returning to the streets remains the only alternative if reforms are not realized.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

NCP leader warns reforms must pass in parliament or move to streets in Bangladesh

A banned organization named Awami League reportedly placed wreaths at a Shaheed Minar in Chandipur area of Khanmarich Union, Bhangura upazila of Pabna, on the morning of Independence and National Day. According to local sources, around 10 to 12 leaders and activists, led by Khanmarich Union Awami League General Secretary Joynal Abedin and Union Jubo League Vice President Shaheb Ali, participated in the tribute.

Local BNP leader Ataur Rahman Khokon said that members of the banned group had previously organized similar programs on International Mother Language Day, and the absence of law enforcement action encouraged them to repeat the activity. In contrast, Upazila Jamaat Amir Maulana Mohir Uddin stated that he was unaware of the incident.

Officer-in-Charge of Bhangura Police Station S.M. Mostafizur Rahman also told the newspaper that he had no knowledge of the event.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Banned Awami League group pays tribute at Shaheed Minar in Pabna’s Bhangura

Former DGFI Director General Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Sheikh Mamun Khaled told a Dhaka court that he had played a direct role in securing Tarique Rahman’s bail during the 1/11 political period. He made the statement while appearing before Metropolitan Magistrate Md. Siddiq Azad in connection with the murder of Delwar Hossain, who was shot during a student-public protest in Mirpur on July 19, 2024. The court granted a five-day remand after police sought seven days for interrogation.

According to the remand petition, Delwar was killed in an attack by Awami League activists during the protest, and evidence suggested that the shooting occurred under Mamun Khaled’s direction. The prosecution described him as a key figure in the 1/11 events and alleged his involvement in various abuses, including the creation of the “Aynaghar” detention site and financial irregularities in the Jolsiri project. Defense lawyers argued that his name was not in the case statement and that he had retired in 2016.

Mamun Khaled denied all allegations, asserting that he was not present at the scene and had lived as a civilian since retirement. He was arrested from his DOHS residence before being produced in court.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Former DGFI chief Sheikh Mamun Khaled remanded over July 2024 Mirpur murder case

Rajshahi district unit of Jamaat-e-Islami has dismissed as completely baseless and misleading a series of media reports claiming that the party’s deputy amir, Professor Mujibur Rahman MP, instructed not to include Gita recitation in Independence Day programs. In a statement sent to the media on Thursday night, the district Jamaat condemned and protested the reports, calling them fabricated and purposefully distorted.

The statement clarified that the parliament member did not make any such remarks at any meeting, gathering, or to any official. District amir Professor Abdul Khalek and secretary Md. Golam Murtuza said publishing such unverified news violates basic journalistic ethics and misleads the public. They emphasized that Independence Day symbolizes national unity, harmony, and dignity, and that provocative or confusing news around this occasion is unacceptable.

The leaders demanded immediate correction, apology, and withdrawal of the reports from the concerned media outlets and urged all journalists to verify information before publication to maintain objectivity and responsibility.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Rajshahi Jamaat denies deputy amir made remarks on Independence Day program

A legal notice has been sent to several government ministries demanding compensation for the families of those killed in the Rajbari Daulatdia ferry bus accident. The notice, issued on Wednesday, March 25, calls for a minimum of Tk 10 million for each deceased victim and for proper treatment and rehabilitation of the injured. It was jointly filed by Advocate Newazul Asif Sad, Barrister Rafi G. Rahman, and Advocate Zayed Bin Naser against the ministers and secretaries of the Road Transport and Bridges and Shipping ministries.

The notice emphasizes the need for an impartial investigation to determine whether negligence by authorities, ferry terminal management, or transport officials contributed to the incident. The accident occurred when a bus from the “Souhardya” Paribahan line lost control while boarding a ferry at Daulatdia Ghat’s pontoon number 3, resulting in 26 confirmed deaths.

The notice urges the government to take coordinated action within seven working days to ensure compensation, medical care, and rehabilitation, warning of legal steps if no action is taken. It also calls for a high-level inquiry committee to publish its findings within the same timeframe.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Legal notice demands Tk 10 million per victim after Rajbari Daulatdia ferry bus accident

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has announced the launch of what it calls the 82nd phase of its operations against the United States and Israel. According to Iran’s Tasnim News Agency, the latest phase began early Thursday morning and involved the use of a large number of drones and missiles. The IRGC stated that the main targets were Israel’s military command centers and industrial facilities connected to the country’s nuclear infrastructure located south of the Dead Sea.

The report, citing Al Jazeera, indicates that this marks a continuation of Iran’s ongoing campaign against its adversaries. The announcement underscores Tehran’s assertion of military capability and its willingness to target strategic Israeli assets. The operation’s timing and scale suggest a significant escalation in the confrontation between the two nations.

Further details about the extent of the damage or Israel’s response were not provided in the source report.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran’s IRGC claims drone and missile strikes on Israeli nuclear-linked facilities

The Bangladesh government has carried out a major administrative reshuffle, appointing new secretaries to twelve ministries, divisions, and departments. According to separate notifications issued by the Ministry of Public Administration on Wednesday night, eight officials were promoted, three were transferred, and one was appointed on a contractual basis. The changes include new appointments in key ministries such as Women and Children Affairs, Expatriates’ Welfare, Environment, ICT, Civil Aviation, and Fisheries.

Among the new appointees are Md. Golam Sarwar Bhuiyan as Secretary of the National Parliament Secretariat, Yasmin Parveen at the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, and Md. Mokhter Ahmed at the Ministry of Expatriates’ Welfare and Overseas Employment. Several existing secretaries, including Kaniz Mawla and Nasreen Jahan, were reassigned to new roles within the Planning Commission and other departments. RSM Ebadur Rahman was appointed Secretary of the Economic Relations Division on a one-year contract.

Additionally, several senior officials, including secretaries from the Economic Relations, Financial Institutions, and Environment ministries, were attached to the Ministry of Public Administration following the reshuffle.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Government reshuffles administration, appoints eight new secretaries across twelve ministries

Pakistan’s former prime minister and cricket legend Imran Khan remains steadfast in his beliefs despite being imprisoned. In a recent column for The Times, former England captain Michael Atherton shared insights from a conversation with Khan’s sons, Sulaiman and Qasim, who spoke about their father’s condition and unyielding spirit. They said Imran would not compromise and was prepared to die in jail if necessary.

The two sons spoke with their father by phone last Saturday, their first conversation since January. They revealed that the 73-year-old’s right eye has severely deteriorated, yet he remains calm and resilient, using meditation to maintain his composure. Qasim said that even restrictions such as cutting electricity or denying books have made his father spiritually stronger. Sulaiman added that Imran openly declared he would rather die in prison than abandon his principles.

According to his sons, Imran is more concerned about his wife Bushra Bibi’s imprisonment than his own suffering, telling them that while he can endure hardship, attacks on his family are far more difficult.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Imran Khan’s sons say he will not compromise and is ready to die in jail

Bangladesh has called for intensified global efforts to eliminate slavery and exploitation. Foreign Minister Khalilur Rahman made the appeal at a commemorative meeting of the United Nations General Assembly held in memory of the victims of slavery and the transatlantic slave trade. He paid deep respect to the millions who suffered under slavery and praised the resilience of those who fought for freedom and justice.

Rahman emphasized that the transatlantic slave trade left a lasting scar on humanity. Reaffirming Bangladesh’s firm stance against slavery, racism, genocide, and all forms of oppression, he noted that the country’s constitution rejects imperialism, colonialism, racism, and discrimination while expressing solidarity with oppressed peoples. He recalled that the 1926 Slavery Convention and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights recognized slavery as a grave human rights violation.

The minister highlighted the need to strengthen anti-human trafficking measures, enhance digital forensic coordination, and invest in education and dialogue on the human and civilizational costs of slavery. He urged the international community to unite in building a world free from slavery, discrimination, and injustice.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Bangladesh calls at UN for stronger global action to end slavery and exploitation

Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasa in Dhaka observed the Independence and National Day on Thursday with a series of events. The day began with the hoisting of the national flag after the Fajr prayer, followed by Quran recitation, Hamd-Naat performances, essay competitions, a discussion meeting, and a prayer session involving students and teachers.

The discussion and prayer session, held at the madrasa auditorium, was conducted by Assistant Professor Abdus Samad Azad from the English Department. Acting Principal Dr. Muhammad Khalilur Rahman Madani attended as the chief guest. He prayed for the martyrs of the Liberation War and emphasized the importance of ensuring national security, education, healthcare, and housing for all, along with strengthening the education sector.

Dr. Madani urged students to become patriotic, responsible citizens, writers, and researchers to build a just and prosperous nation. Prizes were distributed among competition winners, and the event concluded with prayers for the welfare and prosperity of the country.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasa marks Independence Day with prayer, discussion, and student activities

Police in Comilla have arrested two individuals in connection with the train and bus collision that killed 12 people at the Paduar Bazar rail crossing on March 21. The arrests include main suspect Helal Uddin, detained Tuesday night, and temporary gatekeeper Kawsar, detained Wednesday night in Bijoypur under Sadar Dakshin upazila. Police claim both were involved in negligence that led to the crash.

According to investigators, Helal Uddin and Mehedi Hasan, who were assigned to duty on the night of the accident, had arranged for Kawsar and Nazmul to replace them for a payment of one thousand taka. The substitute gatekeepers reportedly failed to close the gate before the Dhaka Mail train arrived around 2:45 a.m. Police are also examining possible drug-related activities at the gatehouse and whether proper signals were received from the previous station.

Authorities have suspended the two on-duty railway employees and formed three investigation committees. Police said efforts are ongoing to arrest Mehedi Hasan, who remains at large.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Two arrested in Comilla train-bus crash case that killed 12 people

After the United States and Israel began military action against Iran in late February, Tehran announced the closure of the Hormuz Strait, a key route for 20 percent of the world’s crude oil shipments. The move triggered a global energy shock, with oil prices surging and Asian economies hit hardest as 90 percent of their crude and gas imports pass through the strait. Governments across Asia have imposed energy-saving measures such as work-from-home policies, shorter workweeks, and temporary closures of universities.

In India, gas shortages have crippled Gujarat’s ceramic industry and forced restaurants in Mumbai to shut down or reduce operations. The Philippines declared a national emergency as transport workers and farmers struggled with rising fuel costs. Thailand urged citizens to conserve energy, while Sri Lanka, still recovering from a financial crisis, introduced midweek holidays to curb fuel use. Myanmar enforced alternate-day driving rules to save fuel amid ongoing internal conflict.

Across the region, citizens reported long fuel queues, reduced incomes, and growing uncertainty. Analysts and local voices warned that if the conflict continues, Asia’s energy crisis and social instability could deepen further.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

Iran war and Hormuz closure trigger widespread fuel crisis across Asia

The United States has warned Iran to accept defeat or face harsher retaliation, according to statements reported on March 26, 2026. Tehran, however, rejected any proposal for negotiations and pledged to continue its counterattacks. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on state television that his government has not participated in any talks to end the war and has no plans to do so.

Iran’s state-run Press TV cited a senior political and security official saying that Iran will decide when to end the war, only after its own conditions are met. The report added that Iran has set several conditions for ending the conflict. Meanwhile, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt insisted that discussions between the United States and Iran are ongoing, a claim Iranian officials have denied.

The source also noted that Russia provided intelligence to Iran before the war, and regional tensions have escalated, with the Gulf Cooperation Council accusing Iran of crossing a red line by closing the Strait of Hormuz.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

US warns Iran to accept defeat as Tehran rejects talks and vows continued counterattacks

US Vice President JD Vance may travel to Pakistan later this week to discuss President Donald Trump’s proposal for ending the ongoing Middle East war, according to a CNN report cited by Amar Desh. The report said Iranian representatives informed the Trump administration that they did not wish to resume talks with Trump’s envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner. Following this, Islamabad proposed Vance’s name, leading to reports of his possible visit.

White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said that nothing had changed in the administration’s approach and described Vance as a key member of the national security team. She added that President Trump regularly seeks Vance’s advice on both domestic and foreign matters. Levitt declined to specify which Iranian officials the US was engaging with, but CNN sources indicated that Trump’s team was working to organize peace-focused discussions in Pakistan this weekend.

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif stated that his country is ready to host meaningful talks aimed at ending the conflict. Reports suggest that US and Iranian representatives could meet in Islamabad within the week, though timing and participation remain subject to change.

26 Mar 26 1NOJOR.COM

JD Vance may visit Pakistan for talks on Trump’s Middle East ceasefire proposal


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.