Web Analytics
Bangla
Loading date...
RECENT THREADS SOCIAL PAGE LOGIN

New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani has called on the US federal government to enforce the International Criminal Court’s arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. In a video message posted on social media platform X on Tuesday, Mamdani said the city administration lacks the legal authority to execute ICC warrants independently, urging Washington to act instead.

Mamdani described Netanyahu as a war criminal responsible for atrocities in Gaza, alleging that over 73,000 people were killed under his leadership and that hospitals and humanitarian aid routes were targeted. He said the United States shares responsibility because American-funded weapons were used in the attacks. Mamdani emphasized that Netanyahu and any fugitive war criminals are not welcome in New York City.

The ICC issued arrest warrants in November 2024 for Netanyahu and former Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant over alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza. US President Donald Trump stated on Monday that Netanyahu would not be arrested while in the United States.

22 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

New York Mayor urges US to enforce ICC arrest warrant against Israeli PM Netanyahu

US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth told the Senate Appropriations Committee on Tuesday that the United States has spent 37.5 billion dollars so far in the ongoing war with Iran. He said the figure includes some operational and maintenance costs through the end of September but did not provide further details. The Trump administration had earlier estimated the war cost at 29 billion dollars in May.

During the hearing, Hegseth and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Dan Kane supported a proposed 1.5 trillion dollar defense budget, including about 70 billion dollars allocated for the Iran war. Moody’s Analytics estimated that indirect economic effects, such as rising fuel prices, could push total US costs to as high as 150 billion dollars.

Hegseth added that the war has strained US weapons stockpiles, requiring extra funding to boost production of high-demand ammunition and arms. He warned that delays in budget approval could force cuts in future military training programs. Democratic Senator Patty Murray questioned the logic of combining various spending areas in the proposed defense budget.

22 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

US reports 37.5 billion dollars spent in Iran war as defense budget faces Senate scrutiny

U.S. President Donald Trump has formally approved a historic agreement allowing Saudi Arabia to establish a civilian nuclear program. According to The Wall Street Journal, citing U.S. administrative officials, the 30-year deal could eventually open the way for uranium enrichment within Saudi territory. The multibillion-dollar initiative aims to prioritize American technology companies in building Saudi Arabia’s nuclear infrastructure while reducing the influence of foreign competitors.

Trump administration officials stated that direct U.S. involvement would help prevent potential misuse of nuclear technology and ensure oversight of Saudi nuclear activities to prevent any weaponization. The agreement is designed to maintain transparency and safeguard peaceful use of nuclear energy in the region.

Some U.S. lawmakers have expressed concern over the spread of nuclear technology in the Middle East, warning that expanding Saudi nuclear capabilities could pose new security risks. The agreement is expected to be sent to the U.S. Congress within days for review and debate.

22 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump approves 30-year U.S.–Saudi civilian nuclear deal for congressional review

New York Mayor Zohran Mamdani has pledged to arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu if he visits the city in September for the upcoming United Nations General Assembly session. Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Mamdani said his administration would take the International Criminal Court’s arrest warrant against Netanyahu very seriously, citing allegations of genocide in Gaza and crimes against humanity.

The statement drew sharp reactions from both the U.S. administration and Israel. The Israeli Prime Minister’s Office dismissed the ICC as an illegal court with no authority over Americans or Israelis, calling the warrant against Netanyahu completely false. U.S. President Donald Trump also posted on his Truth Social platform that Netanyahu would not be arrested while in the United States, though he did not mention Mamdani by name.

The exchange highlights growing tensions surrounding international accountability efforts and the political sensitivities of enforcing ICC warrants within U.S. jurisdiction.

21 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

New York mayor vows to arrest Netanyahu if he visits for UN Assembly

The United States has issued a global alert instructing its citizens to remain on high alert amid escalating tensions with Iran and ongoing unrest in the Middle East. The State Department released the advisory, titled 'Worldwide Caution,' on Monday, warning Americans across the world to exercise maximum vigilance.

According to the advisory, the overall security situation has become increasingly complex due to rising instability in the Middle East, and the risk of sudden escalation remains high. The State Department urged Americans outside the region to reconsider travel to or through the Middle East, citing potential threats to US diplomatic facilities and locations associated with American citizens worldwide.

The alert underscores Washington’s concern about the potential for wider conflict and the growing risks to US nationals and interests abroad as tensions continue to mount.

21 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

US warns citizens worldwide to stay alert amid Iran tensions and Middle East instability

U.S. President Donald Trump has announced a 50 percent tariff on a range of Canadian imports, including wine, hockey sticks, and cement. The White House stated that the measure will take effect within 30 days. Key Canadian exports such as energy, potash, critical minerals, and fish are exempt from the new tariffs. Trump justified the move by accusing Canada of unfair treatment toward U.S. automobiles, dairy, and alcohol products.

The decision applies to all listed goods regardless of their status under the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA), marking a new escalation in trade tensions between the two neighboring countries. Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney responded that Canada is ready to intensify trade talks with the U.S. in the coming weeks. He criticized the tariffs as a continuation of unilateral actions that violate the USMCA and threaten Canada’s sovereignty.

The two countries were already engaged in trade disputes over steel, aluminum, copper, and softwood products. The new tariffs are expected to further strain economic relations across North America.

21 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump sets 50% tariffs on Canadian goods, deepening U.S.-Canada trade rift

US President Donald Trump has issued a stern warning that Iran will pay a 'heavy price' for killing American soldiers. He made the statement on Monday following the deaths of several US troops in Jordan and other locations amid ongoing conflict. Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social that every time Iran kills American soldiers, it will face severe consequences. He said Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Daniel Kane have been instructed to take necessary actions.

According to Washington, 17 US soldiers have been killed since the conflict began in February, including two in Jordan and six in a drone attack in Kuwait’s Port Shuaiba in March. Around 430 others have been injured. The White House said Trump will attend a ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive the bodies of the fallen soldiers. Reuters reported that the US had already deployed additional warplanes and refueling tankers in the Middle East before the Jordan attack.

Analysts believe the US actions aim to weaken Iran’s military capacity and secure the Strait of Hormuz. Former intelligence officer Joe Kent expressed concern and urged troop withdrawal to reduce tensions.

21 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump warns Iran will face heavy consequences for killing US troops

The US Department of Defense has released the identities of two American soldiers killed in an Iranian attack in Jordan. The victims were Lieutenant Tyler James Feehan, 25, from Ewa Beach, Hawaii, and Isabella Gonzalez, 19, from Carrollton, Texas. According to a Pentagon statement, both were serving in the US mission against the armed group ISIL (ISIS) in the Middle East. The US Central Command reported that the soldiers died while intercepting Iranian ballistic missile and drone strikes in Jordan.

Military data indicate that since the start of the ongoing US-Israel conflict involving Iran, a total of 17 American soldiers have been killed. The incident highlights the risks faced by US troops stationed across the Middle East, even though they are not deployed inside Iran. Following the breakdown of diplomatic talks and rising tensions between Iran and the United States, American bases and allied nations in the region have become potential targets for further attacks.

21 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Pentagon names two US soldiers killed in Iranian attack on Jordan base

Israel has launched a large-scale campaign using artificial intelligence to improve its image and influence public opinion in the United States, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal published on Saturday. The report claims that more than $45 million has been spent on the initiative, which sent millions of AI-generated messages to U.S. citizens under names such as “Emma,” “Sarah,” and “John.” These messages appeared to come from a group called “Friends for Peace,” though no such organization was found to exist.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the campaign is part of a contract led by Brad Parscale, former campaign manager for U.S. President Donald Trump. The AI messaging firm Sparkfire reportedly received $6.5 million by mid-May. Parscale’s team also created pro-Israel websites and online content aimed at generating more favorable responses about Israel on AI platforms like ChatGPT and Claude.

The report added that at least six firms were hired for the operation, and about three dozen individuals registered as foreign agents working for Israel. The Israeli Foreign Ministry did not respond to the newspaper’s request for comment.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Report says Israel used AI in $45 million campaign to shape U.S. public opinion

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio stated that despite strengthening military operations against Iran, the United States remains open to diplomacy. Speaking to reporters before departing for the Philippines on Sunday, Rubio emphasized that any diplomatic effort must be realistic and result in an agreement Iran is willing to uphold.

Rubio accused Iran of using the Strait of Hormuz as a bargaining tool, asserting that Tehran seeks to control the vital waterway for leverage. He reaffirmed that the United States will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure the safety of global maritime navigation.

The remarks, reported by Al Jazeera, highlight Washington’s dual approach of maintaining military pressure while keeping diplomatic channels open amid ongoing regional tensions.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

US says diplomacy with Iran remains open despite ongoing military pressure

The 2026 FIFA World Cup concluded on Sunday night with the final match between Spain and Argentina, but the excitement surrounding the tournament has reportedly caused significant economic losses in the United States. According to a report by HR software provider UKG, reduced workplace productivity during the event may have cost the U.S. economy at least $117 billion, while global productivity losses could reach $170 billion. Many employees reportedly left work early, arrived late, or skipped work entirely to watch matches.

Data from workplace management platform Envoy showed that office attendance in the U.S. dropped by 26 percent on July 7, the day after the national team’s elimination by Belgium, a decline nearly ten times greater than the post–Super Bowl drop. External visits such as client meetings and vendor appointments also fell by 32 percent, about three times the usual post–Super Bowl rate. Envoy labeled the day “Knockout Tuesday.”

Some companies, including S&P, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Goldman Sachs, advised employees in host cities to work remotely on match days to avoid traffic and maintain operations.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

World Cup excitement leads to $170 billion global productivity loss, U.S. hit hardest

US Vice President JD Vance and his wife Usha Vance have welcomed their fourth child, a son named Alec Neal Vance. The baby was born on Sunday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, according to Al Jazeera. In a joint statement, the couple said both mother and child are healthy, and their other children are delighted to have a new sibling.

According to the White House Historical Association, Alec Neal Vance is the first child born to a sitting US vice president in more than 150 years. The last such instance occurred in 1870, when Vice President Schuyler Colfax and his wife Ellen Wade welcomed a child while he was in office. JD Vance, a former Marine from Ohio, and Usha Vance, the daughter of Indian immigrants, met while studying at Yale Law School, graduating in 2013.

The couple’s previous children were born in 2017, 2020, and 2021. Vance has long advocated for higher birth rates in the United States and reiterated this stance during the 2025 March for Life rally.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

JD Vance becomes first sitting US vice president in 150 years to welcome a newborn

US President Donald Trump stated that the United States is carrying out heavy attacks on Iran to honor American soldiers who were killed. Speaking to reporters in Washington after returning from the World Cup final, Trump said the strikes were conducted in tribute to three patriots. He expressed deep sorrow over the soldiers’ deaths and emphasized that their mission aimed to ensure Iran never acquires nuclear weapons.

According to the US Central Command (CENTCOM), American forces have conducted airstrikes on Iranian military sites for nine consecutive nights. The operations targeted Iran’s military command centers, air defense systems, coastal surveillance facilities, naval capabilities, missile and drone launch sites, and communication networks.

The report, citing Al Jazeera, indicates that the strikes are part of an ongoing US military campaign against Iran following the killing of American personnel, with both sides engaged in escalating hostilities.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Trump says US striking Iran to honor slain soldiers amid rising hostilities

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has called on global powers to share the responsibility of ensuring safe navigation in the Strait of Hormuz. Speaking to reporters before departing for a visit to the Philippines, Rubio emphasized the need for collective action to maintain maritime security in the region, according to an AFP report.

Rubio stated that Iran is using the Strait of Hormuz as a bargaining tool amid regional conflicts. He urged other nations to take on greater responsibility in protecting maritime routes, either through providing equipment or financial support. The US, he said, will continue implementing measures to safeguard maritime traffic but expects other countries to contribute as well.

The remarks highlight Washington’s push for broader international involvement in securing one of the world’s most critical maritime chokepoints, reflecting ongoing concerns about regional stability and freedom of navigation.

20 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

US calls on global powers to share responsibility for Strait of Hormuz security

Two people were killed within a week in separate shootings by U.S. immigration officers, triggering widespread protests across the country. Demonstrators questioned the tactics of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and demanded an end to raids in populated areas. The first victim, 52-year-old Lorenzo Salgado Araujo, was shot in Houston, Texas, while driving to work. Six days later, 26-year-old Joan Sebastian Duran Guerrero was killed in Biddeford, Maine, near a local laundromat.

Protesters accused ICE of conducting militarized operations under President Donald Trump’s mass arrest and deportation policies. According to The Trace, ICE officers have been involved in 30 shooting incidents since Trump took office, resulting in eight deaths. Investigations revealed that neither of the two recent victims were the intended targets of the operations.

Reports also noted that another person died in Florida while fleeing ICE officers, and 22 people have died this year in ICE custody or detention centers. The incidents have intensified scrutiny of ICE’s enforcement methods and the human toll of U.S. immigration policies.

19 Jul 26 1NOJOR.COM

Two killed in ICE raids spark nationwide protests over Trump’s immigration policies


The ‘1 Nojor’ media platform is now live in beta, inviting users to explore and provide feedback as we continue to refine the experience.